• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
In an ideal world, this would have been the next full spin-off project after Tekken 7, becoming a fan favorite and selling a shit ton.
But they sold Tekken 7, 6 years ago and nothing ever came after.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
The surprising thing here is that they got 30% done lol.

Oh well. At least we got Akuma on T7.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Honestly pretty disappointed. I feel like this would have been a great way to reuse Tekken 7's visual assets before going fully current gen.

There is no way you could just Tekken 7 Akuma the whole cast, they had to create new playstyles for the vast majority of the Street Fighter side. Like charge characters in particular could not function in any way in a proper 3D sense, especially not with Tekken's unique movement controls. In that case and especially with how poorly 2D characters have been received in Tekken I understand why the project went nowhere.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
THANK GOD ITS DEAD

Given that Geese and Akuma are terrible to fight and watch and have been absolutely toxic to the scene I hope this spells the death of 2D characters in Tekken. A game with half 2D characters would have been an absolute shitshow

You know, as a long time Tekken player and Eliza main in 7, I can't really disagree with you.

Tekken wasn't made for 2D characters like Eliza, Akuma, and Geese in mind. They each have their own jank bullshit and so many players don't know how to deal with it.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
THANK GOD ITS DEAD

Given that Geese and Akuma are terrible to fight and watch and have been absolutely toxic to the scene I hope this spells the death of 2D characters in Tekken. A game with half 2D characters would have been an absolute shitshow
The Street Fighter cast wouldnt have to be 2D based but with Akuma in Tekken 7 they just transplanted him from Street Fighter 4.

Oct 25, 2017
The existing roster can deal with 2D characters, but the newer characters with EZ mode moves have an easier time. All they needed is a (quick) universal method to float jump-ins that has a high hit box.

Fight fire with fire. Pick Noctis and float jump-ins with 2,2. When Akuma dive kicks into jab string, b1+4 punch parry. When Geese throws a Repukken, warp strike immediately.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Well we get Tekken vs Street Fighter in Smash now so that is something. But sad to hear. Crossovers are so nice

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
The twitlonger doesn't really raise hopes very much. Without active development and an apparent need to renegotiate with capcom this still means the game is functionally canceled.

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Basically the version that is currently 30% will most likely never be released. Especially since they're been way to many developpement change at both capcom and namco.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Lmao nobody is shocked for a moment. RIP Ingrid vs Lili

edit: pending to me is still dead. There's no saving this at 30% after 12 years

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Harada is keeping Tekken x Street Fighter in limbo as a tribute to his friend Yoshinori "Darkstalkers is not Dead" Ono

Oct 27, 2017
Can Tekken vs Street Fighter just be repurposed into Namco vs Capcom so we can get all kinds of crazy characters from both companies' deep catalogue of IPs. So we can have teams of like Kazuya and Nightmare against teams of people like Dante and Phoenix Wright.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think that SF X Tekken's reception played a role in this project being hampered. This is a huge fan project opportunity and it's also clearly a huge opportunity to drop the ball. To the point to where it might not be even worth the shot.

Shame too as easily my favorite part about SF X Tekken was seeing the Tekken characters realized in SF's style. Certain characters I think looked/played better than they ever have. Would have loved to see it the other way around.

Nice to see the clarification though that's it's not completely dead. Let the weird ghost continue to roam.

Last edited:

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
This is why we should have used fan voting for Tekken 7 to force them into including more SF characters

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising, but they should really resurrect TxSF at some point. The Tekken brand is in a great place right now, and Akuma and Geese in T7 are the best proofs of concept you could ask for.

Oh, that's good.

So what's the holdup, lol?
They current making Tekken 8 and if everything goes well that can be the base

*wishful thinking*

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that people were hanging on to this 10 years on is the wildest damn part of the story. Mistranslation/misquote/false assumption of what he meant aside. Just as bad as the Versus 13 crowd.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
The fact that people were hanging on to this 10 years on is the wildest damn part of the story. Mistranslation/misquote/false assumption of what he meant aside. Just as bad as the Versus 13 crowd.

Harada has been consistent with his messaging regarding the game over this decade: that the game wasn't in active development and he would like to return to it someday. Anyone aware of TxSF's development knows that, and no one is in denial of that fact. So I fail to see what's "wild" about people that have a modicum of hope that the game will come to fruiction.

Taking potshots at a relatively silent group of people that have been minding their business doesn't look good on you.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I've been banned for less. I ain't gonna chance it

Last edited:

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, at this point the more accurate thing to say would be that the "idea" of a Tekken-based TxSF game isn't dead--Harada would still like to make a game around that concept, but the specific game that would have hypothetically been released in the 360/PS3 era as "Tekken x Street Fighter" is very much dead.