• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Universal Paperclips.

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/

To say more is to ruin the game experience. Give it at least two hours and see if it hooks you. The ending is surprising and perfect.

edit: though if you want a small premise, you play as an AI whose singular goal is to make paperclips. Through any means.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Burrito Galaxy 65

I've been following this game for years and the devs usually table at MAGFest. No idea when it will actually come out. If you watch this video and then ask what you do in Burrito Galaxy, you have missed the point of Burrito Galaxy.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
Indies on Switch make me feel awful because I want to support them, but literally every game I own physically save Mario Odyssey has a $20 expansion/season pass/dlc package and I really like the games I've bought so far. Floor Kids looks super cool so I'm glad to hear good things about it.
That makes sense. As much as I like Floor Kids it would hard to recommend that over say the Zelda or Xenoblade 2 expansions which provide hours of content in games people already know if they like or not.

BumblebeeCody

Oct 28, 2017
Here's 3 I am eagerly waiting for that has barely any attention:
Power Drive 2000
Power-Drive-2000-full.gif

For my Hack n Slash/FGC b o y s N G I r l s
We shall wake:
giphy.gif

For the Junji Ito/Visual novel fans
Kyofu no Sekai
https://panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror
(I backed this game too)

Last edited:

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
hk_screen_011.jpg
hallway.jpg

hkgraphtest123.gif
int_hallway_0000_2.gif

HK (Working title) - a platform adventure game where you play as a cat walking around a fictional Hong Kong (with robots). Looks super cute and absolutely amazing, especially considering there's only a very small team working on it.

Memory of a Broken Dimension - an exploration adventure game where the player explores and pieces together corrupted data simulations running on an old abandoned supercomputer, discovering it's purpose in the process. Has an extremely cool glitch-art aesthetic unlike anything I've ever seen.

Last edited:

AlterOdin

Nov 6, 2017
My pick for game that nobody is talking about, at least on Resetera, is The Sinking City, from Frogwares.

It's a AA open world investigation horror game set in a 1920s New England small town. It's probably still a ways from release, but a pure Cthulu horror game from the makers of the Sherlock games has me stoked.

The-Sinking-City-Dagon.jpg

Definitely Check out their twitter:
https://twitter.com/thesinkingcity?lang=en

In fact I think with all the updates they've had recently, It's probably a good idea to make a new thread.

Thx for the heads up, had not heard about this one, and I like frogware (although not been captured by their latest sherlock games) and chutulu.

Vagger

Oct 29, 2017
I would propably say Kingdom Come: Deliverance?
Propably the most talked about upcoming game in this thread, but the buzz surrounding it has really decreased considering it's coming out in like month. It was in kickstarter like 2014 but it's finally coming out after some delays. It's a game with a relatively big scope for an indie game. The game takes place in the late middle-ages, in the kingdom of Bohemia, has an open and realistic world, a full fledged single-player campaing, and pretty nice graphics. It is being developed by Warhorse Studios. The animations and combat look a bit wonky, but the focus on realism is admirable. They even have orchestrated music and some "relatively" known actors in the project. It really reminds me of oblivion, and it's nice to see a First person single player game with swords and bows, but without fantasy elements.
Seeing as I love history, and like the elder scrolls games, this should be a guarenteed enjoyement just for the atmosphere and exploration alone.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Everyone raves about Mario Kart and Smash Bros, even PC players.

But when it comes to Super Indie Karts and Indie Pogo, no one cares

C8r8CW1UIAIwv6j.png
images

Vagger

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone raves about Mario Kart and Smash Bros, even PC players.

But when it comes to Super Indie Karts and Indie Pogo, no one cares

C8r8CW1UIAIwv6j.png
images
Wow. How have I never heard of this?
Overall this thread really reminded me that no matter how hard I try to follow games and this industry, some amazing games are just going to get left in the dark.