• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chivito, the national dish of Uruguay.

AYGHMNM.jpg

Beef steak, bacon, ham, cheese and an egg. Also some vegetables, but whatever.
Why egg you ask? Because as Beyonce said, if you liked it, then you should have put a egg on it. And you don't fight queen bey when it comes to sandwiches.

p.s.
I would not fight anyone who says banh mi. They're wrong, but wrong in all the right ways.

Edit: yeah, couldn't find a picture that does it justice, but trust me, would I lie to you?
Okay so yes I will, but not about sandwiches!

Last edited:

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
This morning I made the mistake of watching the grilled cheese video from Chef. American cheese is my favorite, but I'm down with cheddar and the other types he uses. The sight of that stretching cheese and the crunch of the butter toasted bread makes my mouth water. Fuck my diet.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one said Po'Boy?

What is wrong with you fools.

Also Bahn Mi is a off shoot of a Po'Boy but not superior to.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
No one said Po'Boy?

What is wrong with you fools.

Also Bahn Mi is a off shoot of a Po'Boy but not superior to.

I wouldn't call banh mi an "offshoot" of a po' boy considering it originated in Vietnam. It's certainly influenced by the French occupation. Although to make the banh mi more western friendly, I heard vietnamese owners in certain regions of the US call them "vietnamese po boys".

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best sandwich would be if you were driving and you were really hungry, and you were speeding to the food place, but then a police pulled you over, and when you reached over to get your registration it turned out there was a surprise sandwich in your glove box, and then the police gave you a verbal warning, and you just drove to your home with your sandwich.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Not sure if I have a favorite sandwich, but beef on weck is quite good when done properly.

Edit: And dairy-free, as far as I can tell!

Oct 31, 2017
The best sandwich would be if you were driving and you were really hungry, and you were speeding to the food place, but then a police pulled you over, and when you reached over to get your registration it turned out there was a surprise sandwich in your glove box, and then the police gave you a verbal warning, and you just drove to your home with your sandwich.
Nowhere in that story was a sandwich eaten.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife came up with a recipe for an amazing French Dip sandwich.

Chuck roast is slow cooked in a mixture of beef broth, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion and garlic for a minimum of five hours. The liquid base and the drippings from the meat make an amazing au jus with a hearty umami flavor. Then we slice the beef and serve it on toasted rolls with swiss cheese, and dip the sandwiches into the au jus.

IMG_20170802_191410717.jpg

Here is a picture from one of the last times I made it. The rolls were home-made, too, but sometimes I just go buy sandwich rolls.

Oct 31, 2017
My wife came up with a recipe for an amazing French Dip sandwich.

Chuck roast is slow cooked in a mixture of beef broth, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion and garlic for a minimum of five hours. The liquid base and the drippings from the meat make an amazing au jus with a hearty umami flavor. Then we slice the beef and serve it on toasted rolls with swiss cheese, and dip the sandwiches into the au jus.

IMG_20170802_191410717.jpg

Here is a picture from one of the last times I made it. The rolls were home-made, too, but sometimes I just go buy sandwich rolls.
That bread on the top sandwich kinda looks like a frog.

Scalibur

Oct 27, 2017
Egg and potato on a sesame hero is a classic NYC Italian deli sandwich. Add red peppers, fresh mozzarella to taste.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing beats an Italian sub with fresh meat,cheese, and fresh baked french or Italian bread with dressing.