• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/23/1...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Telltale Games' remaining game catalog will be delisted from digital storefront GOG on Monday, May 27, according to an announcement from the online retailer. The delisting is the result of Telltale Games' studio closure last year.

The move will see episodic games like The Wolf Among Us, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman: The Enemy Within, and Tales from the Borderlands, as well as the Sam & Max and Puzzle Agent series, delisted from the platform. GOG customers who purchased those Telltale games prior to the delisting will retain the games in their library.

Oct 27, 2017
I heard the same thing for steam earlier today. Anyone knows some good deals? I think the only one I'm missing from the collection is Minecraft Season 2.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
So, uh... Game preservation. That's important, everyone. I'm going to hunt down whatever Telltale Games have had physical releases just for collections' sake. So far all I have is Sam & Max Season 2, but I somehow missed out on SBCG4AP. That was never released physically, right?

Cian

One Winged Slayer
Feb 17, 2018
So, uh... Game preservation. That's important, everyone. I'm going to hunt down whatever Telltale Games have had physical releases just for collections' sake. So far all I have is Sam & Max Season 2, but I somehow missed out on SBCG4AP. That was never released physically, right?

I got a physical release of Strong Bad back when they offered the physical as a bonus for buying the season directly off of their website. Which uh, I guess is good because good luck redownloading them off there huh.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a physical release of Strong Bad back when they offered the physical as a bonus for buying the season directly off of their website. Which uh, I guess is good because good luck redownloading them off there huh.

Yeah, but not all of those were actually a physical release. Wallace & Gromit was just the downloader, though after the backlash they went back to including the actual games in the disc for ToMI and S&M Season 3. Their post-TWD games also vary, with most of them after Batman being an Ep 1+season pass pack, but luckily Borderlands, Wolf Among Us and TWD were all out before the disc release.

EDIT: Actually I think TWD The Final Season has three episodes on disc, but there's that second collection which should have everything.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Imagine this happening in other industries

*Author dies*
"Welp. Time to burn all unsold copies and take it off the shelves!"

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
That digital future is looking nice./s

If anyone wants to get the phisycal copies of these games should ASAP because they will get expensive.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

*Author dies*

I mean, TV & movie rights can end up in limbo, too. It's just that its easy to preserve movies because you just need to record them, & some conglomerate will eventually buy up your company & do a re-release eventually.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Isn't Tales from the Borderlands part of GamePass? I thought it was or maybe it was a game I got free with Gold a while back. But regarding GamePass, it would just vanish right?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
just picked up Batman season 2 and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (it's already delisted on Steam, but it's £3.99 on EGS rn)

I've now got everything Telltale 'cept Guardians of the Galaxy.

Bummed that my iOS copies are probably gonna stop working sooner rather than later with how server-dependent they seem to be.

Oct 27, 2017
That digital future is looking nice./s

If anyone wants to get the phisycal copies of these games should ASAP because they will get expensive.

I mean, I prefer physical, but in this case it's not really as much of an issue since GoG is DRM-free. A backup copy of it is just as useful as a physical version.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The Walking Dead too? It's now a EGS timed exclusive and I want it on Steam.

Other than that I have everything I want between Steam and PSN. I may get Strong Bad's.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, But why? Why can't they just let them be there? Why should they be removed?

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh btw minecraft storymode aka telltale games minecraft game might delisted from the switch e-shop

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh shoot. I think I need to get the Batman games then! Already own BttF, Wolf Among Us (GWG), and Tales from the Borderlands!

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck, I need to buy some TellTale games huh. Such a sad state of affairs. Once upon a time they were my top developer too, and still among my favourites.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't some of their disc releases come with just EP1 of the game and the rest of the season was a download code? Not much point buying them.

Oct 25, 2017
So I better get on my PS4 and make sure all the stuff I've actually paid for I have downloaded right? Think I will do that this weekend. I know I have Batman stuff that I haven't played so it is unlikely I have it downloaded.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't mention anything about the Walking Dead, I gather those are already gone?

No, because Skybound Games has the rights and they're publishing it now. They bought it back in video game rights to be able to release the last episodes of last season. Skybound is also the original owner of TWD and where Telltale licensed in first place, but now they have a gaming division.

*Author dies*

If the author worked on a license, then yes, that could happen. That's literally what is happening here as everything from telltale was licensed and it expired, with no company to renew it.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
So what happens when these are removed from digital storefronts? Will the only real viable way to obtain these games be piracy?

That's a genuine question btw, I'm not advocating, I just don't know what normally happens in these situations. I don't imagine it's all that reasonable to pay what I assume would be very high physical prices for a dead company's game?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what happens when these are removed from digital storefronts? Will the only real viable way to obtain these games be piracy?

That's a genuine question btw, I'm not advocating, I just don't know what normally happens in these situations. I don't imagine it's all that reasonable to pay what I assume would be very high physical prices for a dead company's game?
Preeeeeeeeeetty much, yes.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
This is so incredibly sad. Imagine all these hundreds of people's lifework being gone because of some irresponsible company :(

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So I better get on my PS4 and make sure all the stuff I've actually paid for I have downloaded right? Think I will do that this weekend. I know I have Batman stuff that I haven't played so it is unlikely I have it downloaded.

You need to have it on your account (the season pass don't add it automatically), but you can download even if it's delisted.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018

Technically with nowhere to purchase it would surely be considered abandonware and therefore would not be piracy but rather preservation? I wouldn't want all the hard work the developers put into these games to be completely forgotten over time because nobody can actually obtain the games, that would be a huge loss imo.

I must say though, I really wish they wouldn't be delisted, these games deserve to be played and the people who created them deserve to be paid for their efforts.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
User Banned (3 Days): Encouraging piracy
Silver lining: it's pretty great that these games were on GOG to begin with. Their DRM-free copies will make future pirating of them super easy. Let's hope they go on sale before leaving.