• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 14, 2019
The Walking Dead games were delisted from Steam in late 2018, a victim of the surprise implosion of developer Telltale Games. New series owner Skybound Games later brought them back to the Epic Games Store, and they remain available on Steam for people who have already purchased them. You can also see them there, but not purchase them, if you have a direct link like the ones below, although the store pages no longer appear in searches.

That will soon change, as Skybound announced today that Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1, Season 2, A New Frontier, and The Final Season will all be re-released on Steam later this week.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to buy the games through EGS thinking this wouldn't happen. Now I'll buy them on Steam, just like I did the rest. Good news.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious if it'll just be the original versions or if they'll have the graphical enhancements. Probably the former, but it'd be nice. Really the only thing the Epic collection has over the existing Steam versions.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Likely a combination of poor sales on EGS + high pre-order sales of TWD: Saints & Sinners on Steam

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably buy it when it's really cheap. I waited a year for it to come to Steam, I can wait a little bit more.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Is the same company responsible for The Wolf Among Us 2? Can't see myself buying it trough Epic.

It's a complicated mess. As far as I'm aware, re-release isn't related to a new Telltale by any capacity. After Telltale closure, The Walking Dead games were taken by Skybound who hired some original team members to complete The Final Season. They also own all of rights to previous games, recent Definitive Edition and they were the ones who made exclusivity deal with EGS.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Everyone should get the Definitive Collection, it is really amazing.

The Final Season is also really, really, really good if you never got a chance to play it

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it turns out that this was a bog-standard 12 month EGS exclusivity deal. The interesting thing is that the timer started on the release of the first episode under the deal, which has interesting implications for other episodic games that sign EGS deals (most notably, The Wolf Among Us 2).

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Everyone should get the Definitive Collection, it is really amazing.

The Final Season is also really, really, really good if you never got a chance to play it

How is the Definitive Collection compared to the originals? I only played S1 back in 2012 but I've only heard bad with those collections that came before the definitive, like missing licensed music etc.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Dang! And I just bought it on EGS thinking it might never release on Steam. Remains, to this day, my only purchase on the EGS store.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Have the graphical improvements from the console re-releases come over to the PC versions?

I never played A New Frontier or the Final Season. I was thinking of either replaying on Switch for portability or Xbox One for visual upgrades.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that the collection is seemingly still exclusive to the EGS, but this is still a good move regardless.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Final Season is on my GOTY list and a few others on the GOTY thread. It's a really good season, best since S1.

OP
OP
ThreepwoodMighty
Dec 14, 2019
It's a complicated mess. As far as I'm aware, re-release isn't related to a new Telltale by any capacity. After Telltale closure, The Walking Dead games were taken by Skybound who hired some original team members to complete The Final Season. They also own all of rights to previous games, recent Definitive Edition and they were the ones who made exclusivity deal with EGS.

Are they also responsible for the EGS exclusivity of The Wolf Among Us 2?