• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Looking forward to seeing how it plays with all the new features.

(Also, fixed your title).

Astrologer

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I saw VideoGamer.com published it first then PCGamesN but they have all been taken down.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
giving you access to all four episodes as they become available

Only four episodes? Three episodes has been the shortest from Tell-Tale, with that game being called a mini-series and the longest has been eight episodes. I'm surprised they've managed to get the story to be wrapped up with one less episode than usual.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I adored season 1 when it came out, and then season 2 kind of lost me a bit when
it immediately wrote Christa and Omid out, and then not a single character in the group that Clem joins in episode 1 survives the season.
There were still some aspects of season 2 I loved a lot, but those things in particular really rubbed me the wrong way. By the time season 3 came out I had also been burned by Telltale's Game of Thrones, so I wasn't paying much attention. Was there a general consensus on season 3's quality?

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I adored season 1 when it came out, and then season 2 kind of lost me a bit when
it immediately wrote Christa and Omid out, and then not a single character in the group that Clem joins in episode 1 survives the season.
There were still some aspects of season 2 I loved a lot, but those things in particular really rubbed me the wrong way. By the time season 3 came out I had also been burned by Telltale's Game of Thrones, so I wasn't paying much attention. Was there a general consensus on season 3's quality?
3 wasn't great imo

Batman TellTale however is good.

Particularly S2.

Last edited:

deft

Oct 27, 2017
"unscripted combat"
Keen.

"plus a striking Graphic Black art style that gives the franchise a much-needed visual overhaul."
Very curious to see what this is.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
If they plan on releasing it on Switch, I think that locks the older seasons being ported too. Would be a bit silly if they just port over the final season alone.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The new features are much needed. Remember when season 1 finished and everyone was talking about it? Sadly the formula became a little too common in their games so these changes like a great shake up of what to expect.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
S2 and S3 weren't as good as the original for me at least, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it ends. This leaky E3 season keeps on giving lol

Oct 26, 2017
If they plan on releasing it on Switch, I think that locks the older seasons being ported too. Would be a bit silly if they just port over the final season alone.

Wolfenstein 1 isn't getting ported over either and it has massive ties to Wolfenstein 2 which is getting ported, lol.

Anyway, hope season 4 is more interesting than the last two.

Though two survivors having sex so good that they can't hear a zombie horde coming was interesting!

So, hopefully they make something that is both interesting and good.

Nov 6, 2017
From the linked page:
PS4 and Xbox One pre-orders will bag you access to The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection.
I like that.

Otherwise will play season 4 for sure, but only when it's finished. Don't want to start a game and complete it months later at the earliest.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Man if it's been years shouldn't all the zombies be rotted away to nothing by now?
First rule of zombie apocalypse fiction: the zombies never rot into nothing. They're always either "freshly turned" or "two muscle fibers away from being totally unable to stand up".

It's why World War Z (the book) works so well: the zombies never rot under any circumstances. They're even unaffected by pressure, which is why they're able to harass an oil rig technician in an armored suit while he does repairs to a rig at 80 fathoms. They also remain a threat well after the war is over because they can shore up at any time, so beaches need to be walled off.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Jesus, Clementine, that hat must smell so terrible at this point. It's time for a new hat, Clem. You've had this one for like twenty years now and I know you can't clean it so well and so often in the zombie apocalypse.

Last edited:

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 of Walking Dead was the title that REALLY got me invested in Telltale and their entire output. Even if any title since, bar Tales from Borderlands, hasn't quite hit the high that first season did, I've still been there day and dot for whatever they've produced in the hope they struck gold again. In saying that... Season 2, and more so 3 of the series was most certainly a further step down the ladder. Fingers crossed with a renewed focus on Clem and the allure of a "final season" we see a much needed improvement in quality. Don't mind on the episode count, as long as the quality and length are there.

Would this be the first title worked on post-downscale at the studio?

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Telltale Walking Dead series has always felt like a downwards spiral. S3 straight up felt inconsequential. Clementine was Mad Max where she showed up to help a side story and promptly left.
I guess its fitting to the spirit of the actual show though. Walking Dead just quickly stops being interesting.

May 26, 2018
Unscripted combat? Enhanced art style? Sounds cool to me. Excited to see where the new-structure Telltale brings the game. Hope it's an interesting finale and they don't just
whack Clem because of Season 1's ending.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Shame about the Switch delay, but honestly I don't buy these games anymore 'till all the episodes are out, so i'll be good regardless.
Kinda hope they do a full TWD port for the thing too, like the other platforms have. It's cool that XBO/PS4 get it with pre-order, and a good incentive for newcomers.

Ligero

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone pre-ordered this on PSN and gotten the rest of the game collection as was reported? I don't see it pop up in the "pre-order includes" section.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
That trailer. Fuck me sideways. They better not go there.

Please?

(Also, I still haven't played the third season. Need to get around to that.)