• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like you're the only one still playing Snake55wildcat ^^'

I sometimes consider installing this game again and giving it another shot (haven't played since release), but then I look at the steam numbers averaging around 500 and leave the steam page.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like you're the only one still playing Snake55wildcat ^^'

I sometimes consider installing this game again and giving it another shot (haven't played since release), but then I look at the steam numbers averaging around 500 and leave the steam page.
Steam numbers are only part of the story - not the full story, there are plenty of PS5 players too, im definitely not the only one here still playing probably :P and this tends to happen to threads in games i enjoy where activity goes after a while lol

besides, player numbers will definitely shoot up once the update eventually goes live :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Realized I haven't posted much in here since waiting on the final island update but now that it's here I figured I should make an update for the thread.

Temtem's final island Arbury is now in the game. With this comes access to the complete story, all Temtem and various other content updates along with ranking resets for competitive and Temtem can now hit the final level cap of 100. There will be another content patch in a few weeks that contains the final endgame area as well.

Here is the link to the patch notes for those interested. The update is 10 gbs. Hopefully now that the story is complete and all of the Temtem are in, more people will be willing to check the game out.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am loving all the new temtem creatures i've been seeing so far, and the music in this location has a real identity to itself, its lovely (Cipanku was the same too)

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Patch 0.8.3 got released a few days ago, doing some major balance adjustments for the game's roster of creatures, probably the most major of which is turning Kaku and Saku from special atackers to physical attackers. de-clawing Valash and Momo slightly and a few other changes. Also a bunch of bugfixes are present as always.

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
Patch 0.8.3 got released a few days ago, doing some major balance adjustments for the game's roster of creatures, probably the most major of which is turning Kaku and Saku from special atackers to physical attackers. de-clawing Valash and Momo slightly and a few other changes. Also a bunch of bugfixes are present as always.

A very good balance patch in my opinion, was very necessary to get rid of the Slingshot and Bait oppressiveness

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Temtem 0.9 (or 0.8 CU1 - whatever you wish to call it) Update has released today! the link here talks about some of the headlining changes which include double the temtem storage space.

(FULL Patchnotes)
the patchnotes also include balance changes including a full rework of one of the games' original Temtem, Mastione, making it stand out among the fire-type lineup!

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Is this game fun to play through in co-op with a friend? I'm assuming 0.9 progress will carry over into 1.0? Is the community even alive anymore or are we worried 1.0 might be dead on arrival?

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
Is this game fun to play through in co-op with a friend? I'm assuming 0.9 progress will carry over into 1.0? Is the community even alive anymore or are we worried 1.0 might be dead on arrival?
Yea it's fun to play co-op. The core community is still going very strong, so i'm personally not worried about dead on arrival since a lot has been added since early access start and with two extra platforms it probably will have a big user spike as well as people saying that they have been waiting for 1.0 to start playing again

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This may be a Pokemon clone but it's just a solid JRPG overall. I'm looking forward to endgame.
My only complaint is that it maybe has too many trainer battles lol. Getting through some of the maps is like a war of attrition.

I love the Spanish influence as well. Although looking it up I guess its a Mediterranean influence in general. That's awesome.
I'm glad I bought this for 30 bucks initially. It's very polished.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This may be a Pokemon clone but it's just a solid JRPG overall. I'm looking forward to endgame.
My only complaint is that it maybe has too many trainer battles lol.

I love the Spanish influence as well.
Although looking it up I guess its a Mediterranean influence in general. That's awesome.
I'm glad I bought this for 30 bucks initially. It's very polished.
Mercifully this will be addressed in 1.0 release, the XP cruve will be slightly easier/more fair too as well as adding the postgame stuff

and the devs indeed are Spain based actually.

Sorry for the awfully late reply as I only just checked this thread again as it is close to launch now. 19 days to go!

Last edited:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After 2+ years of not caring for the game (I played an hour or two of the first alpha as a backer), I'm kinda excited to play tonight with the launch of the full release.

Is the game crossprogression? I backed it for Steam, but now I'd rather play it on PS5, but I will not be able to buy it right now, so I'd love to be able to play for a few weeks on PC and then grab it on PS5.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing this game during the first days of it's early access and enjoying it, but felt like it's playerbase died out incredibly fast. Has this changed at all these last few months?

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
After 2+ years of not caring for the game (I played an hour or two of the first alpha as a backer), I'm kinda excited to play tonight with the launch of the full release.

Is the game crossprogression? I backed it for Steam, but now I'd rather play it on PS5, but I will not be able to buy it right now, so I'd love to be able to play for a few weeks on PC and then grab it on PS5.
Yes the game is full Cross Progression and Cross play

I remember playing this game during the first days of it's early access and enjoying it, but felt like it's playerbase died out incredibly fast. Has this changed at all these last few months?
I'd say the player numbers have been stable since the last patch with a lot of people waiting for full release to start playing

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone playing this game on Steam Deck? If so, are you getting a black screen that won't progress forward when booting up the game?

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a water or fire starter they don't want to trade away? I do want to try the trading functionality.

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't even realize there was an OT here!

Does anyone know what the policy is for when a game comes out of early access, either getting this thread back into the main Gaming side or creating a new OT over there? I was aware of it since the Kickstarter but held off to be able to play it in 1.0 for the first time and I'm sure plenty of others are in this boat along with returning folks.
Is anyone playing this game on Steam Deck? If so, are you getting a black screen that won't progress forward when booting up the game?
Dunno if you've resolved this already, but it runs great on Steam Deck. I know there was a black screen bug happening sometimes on all platforms, which a past late last week fixed some of, so give it another shot if you haven't?
Does anyone have a water or fire starter they don't want to trade away? I do want to try the trading functionality.
There's no fire starter and the mental starter doesn't have water type til its third form, lol. Note that though they're rare, you can get both other starters just by normal hunting. If you just meant early game fire/water Tems I have plenty of those I could trade you if you're still looking.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even realize there was an OT here!

Does anyone know what the policy is for when a game comes out of early access, either getting this thread back into the main Gaming side or creating a new OT over there? I was aware of it since the Kickstarter but held off to be able to play it in 1.0 for the first time and I'm sure plenty of others are in this boat along with returning folks.

Dunno if you've resolved this already, but it runs great on Steam Deck. I know there was a black screen bug happening sometimes on all platforms, which a past late last week fixed some of, so give it another shot if you haven't?

There's no fire starter and the mental starter doesn't have water type til its third form, lol. Note that though they're rare, you can get both other starters just by normal hunting. If you just meant early game fire/water Tems I have plenty of those I could trade you if you're still looking.

Thanks! Also, for the Tempedia, is it supposed to *not* show you what the type is for a Tem until you actually catch it?

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
I have the go-ahead to make a new OT for the launch over in Gaming, so I'll throw a quick one together once I get off work.
Thanks! Also, for the Tempedia, is it supposed to *not* show you what the type is for a Tem until you actually catch it?
Yup, that's correct- seems to be a common complaint.

That said, I will say that generally speaking though, you can get pretty far just guessing by relying on the area you're in (each island spotlights 2 types), creature designs, and coloration.