• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah he has a Luma

And where's the Oceara?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he has a Luma

And where's the Oceara?
Cave, need surfboard and its near the water next to all those boats in the middle of the map, in the cave at the very top in the waters

Took me ages to come across one and I killed it :(

745920-20200124165906-1.png

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cave, need surfboard and its near the water next to all those boats in the middle of the map, in the cave at the very top in the waters

That's okay, the first one I got to show up KO'd itself via exhaustion. Fuckin' RIP lmao

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is the co-op movement extremely inaccurate for other people? I was playing with someone on discord and our characters were moving pretty randomly on each other's screens compared to where we actually were.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If you do the quest with the 3 kids and get one of kids to work in the airship, if you refuse to take the money he offers he gives you a 3 perfect SV male pewki. Perfect from breeding water Tems.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I am tempted to buy this game. Can it be played as a single player experience despite the MMO elements?

If two Tamers see the same Temtem are they available for both players or is a case of first come first catch?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the co-op movement extremely inaccurate for other people? I was playing with someone on discord and our characters were moving pretty randomly on each other's screens compared to where we actually were.
It is, my friend last night would be spinning in place when he was actually way ahead of me lol.

I am tempted to buy this game. Can it be played as a single player experience despite the MMO elements?

If two Tamers see the same Temtem are they available for both players or is a case of first come first catch?
Battles are random, you don't see temtem in the field outside of the ones following their tamers. You can easily play this like a single player game that just has others roaming the world.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Whats with Tamers randomly phasing in and out of the games world? Do you get like a random selection of randos logged in appearing in your world with them randomly switching out during play? If so, do people on your friends list permanently stay in your game world? How does co-op work for players farther apart in story completion?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whats with Tamers randomly phasing in and out of the games world? Do you get like a random selection of randos logged in appearing in your world with them randomly switching out during play? If so, do people on your friends list permanently stay in your game world? How does co-op work for players farther apart in story completion?
Co-op follows the player with less completion. I joined my friend last night in climbing the Thalassian cliffs and I was triggering battles I had already done lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Basically. People on your friend list get prioritized to show up in "your" world while others can keep slipping into others.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I've got the "can't get past Press any key" glitch now

thanks

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have any ideas when
I get the crystal skates back?

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
So, just finished the second island, it looks like there's no way to go back to the first one? The completionist in me wants to go back to wrap up the 3-4 quests I can finish after doing the steps on the second island.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
So, just finished the second island, it looks like there's no way to go back to the first one? The completionist in me wants to go back to wrap up the 3-4 quests I can finish after doing the steps on the second island.
You can go back to the first, but if you go forward to the third you're stuck there for quite a while

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Weird, the only option I have when talking to the guy standing outside the airship is to go forward to the next island. Is there someone else that allows me to go back?
Hmm. Maybe it locks you in once you complete the island? I definitely went back to Denizen part way through island 2, but maybe once you've got it cleared to go it's full speed ahead? I didn't check once I had wrapped things, just went straight through to number 3.

You know what, actually, that makes sense narratively. That's probably exactly what it is.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Maybe it locks you in once you complete the island? I definitely went back to Denizen part way through island 2, but maybe once you've got it cleared to go it's full speed ahead? I didn't check once I had wrapped things, just went straight through to number 3.

You know what, actually, that makes sense narratively. That's probably exactly what it is.
RIP
I just assumed that the ash meant the airship couldn't travel at all (including going back to Denizen) until I cleared the island. Oh well.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
RIP
I just assumed that the ash meant the airship couldn't travel at all (including going back to Denizen) until I cleared the island. Oh well.
Yeah, the ash let you go back, but not forward. That being said, prep up before you get on that ship, and when you land, there is a computer in that first area you're in. Don't miss it like I did.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Are you made to interact with other players at any point, or can you play this all the way through completely solo if you want to?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lmao just did it 2 seconds after posting

reminds me of the ice caverns in runescape and pokemon

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas

It's a single player game for the most part. The " MMO elements" are really just being able to co-op with friends, and seeing other players run around (and trading/battling with them if you want). Other players won't obstruct or impact your gameplay in any manner. You can get through the entire story without talking/interacting with another player.

you don't bump into Temtem walking around like in sword/shield, it's the tall grass mechanic from the older games.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So, should I just be trying to capture temtems at all times? Just got to the second island and visited the Temfriends thingy. It seems to be lucrative to just always be capturing and then releasing temtems. Any reason not to do that? Also, is the 200 releases reward worth it?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy that I want to farm for a Luma Paharo tonight?

What happens if you capture one and you have a full team? Do they go to the bank?

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
So, should I just be trying to capture temtems at all times? Just got to the second island and visited the Temfriends thingy. It seems to be lucrative to just always be capturing and then releasing temtems. Any reason not to do that? Also, is the 200 releases reward worth it?
Yeah, you should try to catch temtem as often as you can. Same XP, SV check (always keep anything with a 50), and releases are typically worth more than the cards you spend on them.
Am I crazy that I want to farm for a Luma Paharo tonight?

What happens if you capture one and you have a full team? Do they go to the bank?
Yup, goes to the bank.

1/6000 on that luma, best of luck

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, 5449 in the queue! I'm 2 hours in so far and having a blast. It's such a chill game to play.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if it's already been pointed out, but if you buy Temtem on Greenmangaming, you can use the discount code UPCOMING18 (at least in the united states) and it knocks about 7 bucks off the price. My total is $28.69.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Need that AH before I'm ready for ranked matchmaking, this SV/breed grind is a lot without it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't know if it's already been pointed out, but if you buy Temtem on Greenmangaming, you can use the discount code UPCOMING18 (at least in the united states) and it knocks about 7 bucks off the price. My total is $28.69.
Oooh. Leaning even harder towards picking this up