• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's already been pointed out, but if you buy Temtem on Greenmangaming, you can use the discount code UPCOMING18 (at least in the united states) and it knocks about 7 bucks off the price. My total is $28.69.

Picked it up with this discount. They mentioned further increasing the price, and I don't exactly plan on playing it right away, so might as well hop in with good pricing.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This is so annoying. Since the bug where my Loali de-evolved, the game keeps forgetting I've captured one already. Everytime I restart it loses that information, which means I lose my damage modifier notification (red/green circle). It keeps throwing me off while I hunt for Lumas.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tell myself I'm not gonna play it yet as I have a backlog. Stare at game icon and launch it. Hit with 6K player queue. (:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So many small things that are just so good

One being, just walking to the water and you'll auto get the surfboard out, none of this walking to the water and pressing X shit

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
ooo auction houses on the way?

745920-20200124214628-1.png
Getting slave trade vibes...

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know where you can get a kinu?

nvm they're in the great banyan

QXBlm94.png

cmon now you can do better than that

At least it's female I guess

Last edited:

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Just Bought it. Looks fun and the GMG coupon worked too. It will probably increase in price anyway once it's out of EA. Now my turn to be in the queue!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just Bought it. Looks fun and the GMG coupon worked too. It will probably increase in price anyway once it's out of EA. Now my turn to be in the queue!

The Steam page specifically mentions the price increasing throughout EA as more content is added, likely leading up to a full release price of $60 next year.

It's also why I just took the plunge and bought the game with the GMG coupon.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
AHAHAHAHA I actually lost to the first gym leader. I'm extremely happy about this.

Time to cheese them now :D

Edit: and done

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if that one NPC you fight in the fort who doesn't care about Belsoto or anything going on, and doesn't appear to be aware of it is suppose to be a character making fun of the player who just spams "Temtem up!" or an equivalent of that.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That gauntlet of the 5 or so bad guys with 1 temtem each was really funny.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly the evolved forms I've seen thus far aren't great. And liking the base forms means competitive play is out of the cards, right?

I planned on being a breeder most of my time anyway, but sort of bummed with the uninspired evos this far. Also my starter won't evolve until level 30-something...

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to catch more of the starter temtem later in the game? I was definitely not paying attention to the SVs when I selected mine.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They need to fix co-op XP. Right now you are kinda punished for playing co-op as opposed to solo.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shiiitttttttt

5rHv5ld.png

Had no idea there were wild Tuwai

AND IM NOT READY TO CATCH HIM

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the main story so far, Pretty cool start!
I really wish there was a way to view all quests, the three I can view are ones I can't do yet, and I know there's more lower down, but there's no icons on the map.
So it looks like climbing gear isn't in the current build? Also, after the crash you never get the skates back, making it impossible to go back into the volcano for temtem hunting (unless I completely bypassed that)

Edit: came across some more quests, so equipment comment may have been premature - we'll see

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Beat the main story so far, Pretty cool start!
I really wish there was a way to view all quests, the three I can view are ones I can't do yet, and I know there's more lower down, but there's no icons on the map.
So it looks like climbing gear isn't in the current build? Also, after the crash you never get the skates back, making it impossible to go back into the volcano for temtem hunting (unless I completely bypassed that)

Edit: came across some more quests, so equipment comment may have been premature - we'll see
please tell me if you figure out how to get the skates back jesus christ i have thoughts about island 3

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Finished everything, did a bit of breeding. Might do some Luma hunting and more hardcore farming since the devs have said they won't do wipes for later releases, but for now I'm good. Will probably write up thoughts here in a bit.

please tell me if you figure out how to get the skates back jesus christ i have thoughts about island 3
Seems like you can't. After running back through every area with the Rock hopper equipment and completing every quest that I can see (unless there's more that I can't see since you can't scroll through the different quests), never got an option.

What is that fern looking thing that's not full? Is it happiness?
I don't know at all! Maybe it's exp rate?
That's the "fertility" of a temtem - every time a temtem lays an egg, that meter goes down by one, and the child inherits the lower value. I guess that's the dev's way of making perfect SV temtem rarer, instead of just infinite once you get two perfected (which you would then breed infinitely if not for this meter).

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
breeding in this game is cursed

breeding in this game is cursed

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Its fertility, the amount of times it can be used to breed I think. The more high stats it has the less fertile it is. The luma genki shown has 6 fertility.
Thanks, it is good to know and it sounds likea good mechanic as scarcity is important in online games especially with trading or some form of economy. I'll probably change my mind when it becomes too much of a challenge to breed my perfect Temtem lol

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
I had all the components for a perfect temtem once

i spent all day breeding

i ended with nothing but dust and garbage

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
You think you're fine when you have all the pieces, but no one tells you sakus and kakus are 90% male

oh looks, then you need a male one and the female pops in the most worthless possible spot

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
That's kind of funny because one of the complaints for SnS (and Let's Go) was XP share. It being a toggle through item equip is probably going to be considered better though.

I don't necessarily think that EXP Share was the primary issue, it's the fact that the Pokémon games aren't balanced around it. Heck, when I was playing Sword half my party was already close to lvl 30 before I got to the first gym because of the EXP share (and traded pokémon).

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
So, Im trying to get my head around the SV business. At this point, I've been holding onto any tem that has at least three green stats. Am I making a mistake not hunting for something better now or is this more worthwhile in the late game? I still havent touched breeding either