• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean yeah but if you have to seriously choose between video games and food I'm not sure why you would be surprised at the price.
Oh I very much expect any sane person to do just that when purchasing anything that isn't needed for survival. However, who knows what that poster's circumstances are and whether it is just simply the country pricing that seems so bad and not their financial position.
Its about 15$. For the amount of content the game has, and the caveat that you are buying a live service game that seems it will be supported for years, its an absolute amazing price.
Again, be it $15 in AUD/USD or wherever else non-Brazilian the price may be high for them.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Why would anyone use this?

EtiHxUD.png
I would assume so you can reset the TVs on a tem you don't want using physical attacks since they cap at 1000 and could be put in special attack instead, for instance.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
This does everything so much better than the newest pokemon games, it's kind of mind blowing

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Breeding is about a million times more fun when you aren't focused on perfects

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm so close to buying this game right now ughh
If I only care about / will play solo, will this game be something I'd like?

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
I've only played single player and I'm really enjoying it, I'll probably try to rope some friends in once the initial bugs but for now single player has been all I need.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I'm playing coop with the same dude I played Pokemon Yellow with 20 years ago and it's kinda blowing my mind. This game is fun solo but it's like 300x better with a friend.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
I'm playing coop with the same dude I played Pokemon Yellow with 20 years ago and it's kinda blowing my mind. This game is fun solo but it's like 300x better with a friend.
Maybe I should try roping a friend in sooner rather than later... I still think I'll wait until they flesh out some more social features but posts like this make it harder to wait lol.

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
Since it's an early access game is there enough content to justify playing it now or should I wait until it's finished?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Anyway is there some kind of P2W or cash shop element in this game? Tried to poison my friends to buy this game but they have their concern about microtransaction.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
am I playing the game incorrectly?

I constantly have to run back to heal my team. It's starting to piss me off
level 14 enemies are constantly knocking out my level 18s.

Also how do I identify the location name in the map?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Tried this game for an hour and wow this is harder than Pokemon. I'm actually getting murdered.
Yeah, you need to use strong types against weak, and plan shit out as well as using potions.

For the first area, make sure to get a Ganki
Anyway is there some kind of P2W or cash shop element in this game? Tried to poison my friends to buy this game but they have their concern about microtransaction.

They plan to add cosmetic microtransactions, which is a bit weak but whatever

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Yeah, you need to use strong types against weak, and plan shit out as well as using potions.

For the first area, make sure to get a Ganki

They plan to add cosmetic microtransactions, which is a bit weak but whatever
Ah cosmetic microtransaction is good for me.

Anyway got 3 server DC during an hour lol.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take for an egg to appear when breeding? Also, does the game have a daycare?

and lol at being able to run around like this

745920-20200126150856-1.png

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This is so expensive for an early access Pokémon clone, I legit thought it was free to play, but 65 reais? A mess honestly. I hope the game is fun, when the game leaves early access I will get a copy during a Steam Sale

The only thing that is a mess are poor assessments like this.

I avoid early access games because 99% of them clearly aren't worth my time but I swa one hour of play through, read impressions of alpha testers that got deeper into the game and from my own experience in the stress test the game had a bunch of smart design decisions and had zero jank in a way a lot of indie games I payed for a similar amount couldn't pull off.

It's fine to not like the game but for what they are offering for the money it's way better than a bunch of released games at $20. You can't make a value judgement when you obviously haven't investigated it.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
am I playing the game incorrectly?

I constantly have to run back to heal my team. It's starting to piss me off
level 14 enemies are constantly knocking out my level 18s.

Also how do I identify the location name in the map?

You have to be mindful of the type chart if you are getting wrecked.

Also be mindful that each area emphasizes certain Temtem so create a strong starting frontline that counters the majority of attacks you have to deal with.

As for running back and forth. That isn't necessary. By the time you get past Sophia's village shops will offer Smoke Bombs which according to the text instantly teleport you back to a safe spot. But money is so meager I personally am wary of buying those until I know where a major boss fight is.

It appears they increased the prize for releasing 200 temtems weekly. It was 5x Silicon Shards, now it is 10.
How much do 10 silicone shards sell for?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Why does it show if a tem is weak when you catch it, but not when its the Tem's evolved form. Bit stupid.

Yes, I beat her, besides her saying one line whining that you beat her again I don't think there's much difference? I'm assuming you can continue past this loss?
Yeah, the game continues regardless.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Are they planning on making adjustments to the story during EA? I think the writing is pretty good, lore is strong but there's a bit of a disconnect I have concerning one element:

So its "implied" even though its hilariously obvious that Max has joined Belsoto. While I think this is interesting, there was absolutely no lead up to it beyond some NPC Belsoto grunt mentioning them hiring on a kid with a digital Tem. Beyond you losing to Max and then beating him on the way to second island, you don't interact with him much, all you know is that he went into the school and thats the last you saw of his accomplishments. I feel like there needed to be one more battle/interaction on the first island with him, in the middle of the first match and the last match before getting on the ship.

He lost his his second match with you, then joins Belsoto just seems weird. Because you don't get much time interacting with him as a rival before he's absorbed into the baddies club.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the story taking my tems from me and making me use another team

So you break even. I can see why people didn't like the old sell price but I would think most people releasing 200 TemTem in 3 days are dedicated breeders. They should still be making money back other ways.

It's pretty obvious the devs have no idea how to balance the economy atm

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So you break even. I can see why people didn't like the old sell price but I would think most people releasing 200 TemTem in 3 days are dedicated breeders. They should still be making money back other ways.
You also get paid for each freed temtem. I was getting around 45~49 for each freed temtem, which increase with level catch rate. It is somewhat profitable, but not enough to be able to breed many temtems with the new prices.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There are times I'm running through the grass and for a split second I see a shadow-type effect. Does this indicate a shiny in the area, or is it just some kind of visual bug?

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
game is difficult, but FF9 at an early age taught me to grind before entering any new area. The only battle I've lost so far is the first one again Max and his OP digimon.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was bored running around inside houses spamming A on my controller and noticed you can get items by kicking trash cans/boxes. It actually gave me some pretty good items as well.

I'm loving the interaction with small things in the world that you would otherwise glance over and miss unless you experimented.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018

I played for 3-4 hours and I haven't actually used any of the MMO features. And it's fine, you can play it like every other Pokémon game.

Really enjoying the game so far, it's definitely harder than the latest Pokémon games, and using Stamina to curtail how often you use powerful attacks seems a much better choice.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was bored running around inside houses spamming A on my controller and noticed you can get items by kicking trash cans/boxes. It actually gave me some pretty good items as well.

I'm loving the interaction with small things in the world that you would otherwise glance over and miss unless you experimented.
Yeah, its usually not worth talking to people unless they have quests but trash cans are worth searching

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
So I'm tasked to find some stuff in Turquesa.
Am I supposed to know where this is?
Why isn't the map displaying location names or any legends?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
When do I get my items and tems back in the mines of mitclan?
You get your tems back at the end of the mine. Eventually, you get your surfboard back from the tool shop, although you can't ride it in the acid until you do another quest. You don't get your skates back. You can get them temporarily if you co-op with someone who's earlier in the story, but they disappear when you log off.

Not gonna lie, I have big issues with the third island.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You get your tems back at the end of the mine. Eventually, you get your surfboard back from the tool shop, although you can't ride it in the acid until you do another quest. You don't get your skates back. You can get them temporarily if you co-op with someone who's earlier in the story, but they disappear when you log off.

Not gonna lie, I have big issues with the third island.
Yeah, it's terrible.