• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
I just cannot find a Barnshe for this quest on the first island for the life of me.

On one hand I don't wanna look at a guide as that ruins the fun, but I'm looking all over Thessalian(probably wrong spelling) Hills and nothing.

While I'm at it, a better quest tracker would be nice. It seems to be greyed out for the time being.
It's rare...

I'll spoil it just in case you don't want to know but you can find it
only on the top floor of the windward fort, and it's like a 1 in 20 encounter there. Only place in Deniz as far as I have seen

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
That pond in Deniz that supposedly has a 10% chance of spawning a Nessla is a lie. Spent like 2 sets of Kyrgios v Nadal trying to spawn one and it damn near knocked itself out. Half expected to spawn a Luma Umishi instead lol

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was on the fence but ended up diving in yesterday and just beat the fight at the top of Windward Fort. Seems fun so far. I'm digging the difficulty - the aforementioned fight wiped me on my first try which seems unthinkable this early on in a modern Pokemon game - and it seems like there's plenty of sideroutes to explore when you get whatever the game's equivalent of Surf/Rock Climb are.

Visually though I think the game still lacks charm especially compared to Pokemon. I get this is an indie effort compared to a massive juggernaut but the art style is flat and lifeless to me. Some of the designs are cute though.

I'm obviously not far enough in to have an opinion on competitive or breeding but the in-game emphasis on 2v2 is very welcome and I appreciate synergy.

Being a live service game in EA, it'll be interesting to see where this goes in future. Especially if the devs are less conservative than Game Freak are.

On the other hand if this proves successful I hope Game Freak take notes. This won't dethrone Pokemon but it might make them understand there's a real interest in addressing long standing concerns such as difficulty.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
Was on the fence but ended up diving in yesterday and just beat the fight at the top of Windward Fort. Seems fun so far. I'm digging the difficulty - the aforementioned fight wiped me on my first try which seems unthinkable this early on in a modern Pokemon game - and it seems like there's plenty of sideroutes to explore when you get whatever the game's equivalent of Surf/Rock Climb are.

Visually though I think the game still lacks charm especially compared to Pokemon. I get this is an indie effort compared to a massive juggernaut but the art style is flat and lifeless to me. Some of the designs are cute though.

I'm obviously not far enough in to have an opinion on competitive or breeding but the in-game emphasis on 2v2 is very welcome and I appreciate synergy.

Being a live service game in EA, it'll be interesting to see where this goes in future. Especially if the devs are less conservative than Game Freak are.

On the other hand if this proves successful I hope Game Freak take notes. This won't dethrone Pokemon but it might make them understand there's a real interest in addressing long standing concerns such as difficulty.

Yeah, the Windward Fort fight was definitely quite something, added to the fact that you cannot use Revive during battle made for a pretty tense fight.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That pond in Deniz that supposedly has a 10% chance of spawning a Nessla is a lie. Spent like 2 sets of Kyrgios v Nadal trying to spawn one and it damn near knocked itself out. Half expected to spawn a Luma Umishi instead lol
It's worth the wait. Nessa with chain lightning and the trait that lets it absorb electricity to heal itself is OP

Jan 9, 2018
I just cannot find a Barnshe for this quest on the first island for the life of me.

On one hand I don't wanna look at a guide as that ruins the fun, but I'm looking all over Thessalian(probably wrong spelling) Hills and nothing.

While I'm at it, a better quest tracker would be nice. It seems to be greyed out for the time being.
Barnshe is only in one location and has a 5% chance of spawning

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just started putting some time into the game. I'm not sure how I feel about 90% of the pokemon in the first area being flying but I like that the first dojo was more challenging than anything in sword/shield.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Was this posted?

EPTQ-ArXsAsbOz0

From their twitter.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What does it mean when there is like this sparkle effect when you catch a tem?
Edit: Maybe I'm going crazy and it's always done that, could've sworn it didn't before.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It didn't take me very long to find a Barnshe, and it took about six tries with a regular TemCard to catch her. I thought could put her to sleep and that'd be the end, but no, she's immune. Loving the game so far though.

Oh and I beat the Windward Fort boss on my first try. The only thing I thought was difficult was it being a back-to-back fight, which is why I burnt a couple items at the start of the second fight.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Alongside this, it was mentioned in the Discord that they forgot to add in the patch notes that they implemented a fix for the weird movement glitches while playing co-op.

I personally don't play co-op to do an A and B test, but I remember others mentioning how weird it was to see your co-op buddy just going in circles.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to log into this game for the first time last night and i got stuck at the 'press any key' screen - nothing worked. I see that many folks have had this issue - is there a known fix for this? Many people here seem to be playing without issue.

I tried googling for a fix but found nothing reliable so far. I hope they are able to address this issue sooner rather than later.

Jan 9, 2018
Thanks for the heads up and not flat-out spoiling it. For some reason I was under the assumption it would be super easy, and I get the distinct feeling it's an evolved version of the pig tem which would ideally make it even more difficult to find.
I got it after about 30 minutes in the spot it spawns at. It's easy to miss unless you get lucky

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a small thing but I love the visual and sound effects when you put your deck into the machine to revive/heal your squad. So nice

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the FreeTem initiative is pretty clever. In Pokemon I pretty much never catch more than one of any given pokemon, this actually gives me an incentive to do more untamed encounters and catch more Tem's. Maybe I'll swap the ones I'm using out for ones with better stats.

It's a small thing but I love the visual and sound effects when you put your deck into the machine to revive/heal your squad. So nice
I know, right? It reminds me of the Lego game sound effects, for the bricks clicking together.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I think the FreeTem initiative is pretty clever. In Pokemon I pretty much never catch more than one of any given pokemon, this actually gives me an incentive to do more untamed encounters and catch more Tem's. Maybe I'll swap the ones I'm using out for ones with better stats.

I know, right? It reminds me of the Lego game sound effects, for the bricks clicking together.
It's also good for competitive as many people are catching a lot of Temtem to get the 50 SV valued ones, and releasing the ones they don't want so its giving them money. Its a good loop I think but the payout needs to be more as essential items in the game as it stands are too expensive.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It's also good for competitive as many people are catching a lot of Temtem to get the 50 SV valued ones, and releasing the ones they don't want so its giving them money. Its a good loop I think but the payout needs to be more as essential items in the game as it stands are too expensive.
I want to say there will be more ways to make big amounts of money in the future, and prices will also be balanced out. That's not hearsay, just kind of a gut feeling.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
My game is bugged, its showing every tem as uncaught, despite them all being there in the PC

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's starters, this is mine.

8yf4osP.png

Decimates nearly everything in their path

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lmao at the dialogue for the quest where you get this after singing with the drunk

v6P6JOy.png

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Was i mistaken or there is actual decent lgbtq representation in this game ? one of the crew member mentioned she had a wife

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I mean it looks good, but the monster designs are trying too hard to be pokemon, they're actually worse looking, and that's saying a lot.