• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
federer out of paris, confirms nadal as the year end number one. i suppose he deserves it, so no hate. important thing for federer now is to keep the spaniard from winning the tour finals.

those match points pouille failed to convert in shanghai proved to be costly.

8th Wimbledon, 8th Basel, 8th title of the year at the WTF?

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
called nadal as the year end number one a tad early, it seems. if he loses his first match in paris and then all three matches at the tour finals, and federer wins all five matches he can still play this season, then i believe federer will finish as number one.

hope is alive.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Fed doesn't seem to care too much in the ranking. But you know he would love to beat Rafa six times in a row.

diamond

Oct 27, 2017
I think too much emphasis is put on the world number 1 race. Players prefer winning big titles, and in this particular case, Federer makes absolutely the right choice by managing his schedule to stay fresh instead of chasing Nadal. Even then, every media still try to calculate who must get what amount of points to finish number one, like it was Rafa and Fed's main priority. You ask both of them, I think they'd respond that they prefer winning the WTF.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
definitely should not have played cuevas after sealing his ranking. clearly there was nothing for him to gain in paris after that.

will be interesting to see if this has a real impact on his wtf performance or if this is next level mind games.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Tennis season is too damn long. Everyone is depleted and the AO is in just 2 months. Not enough time to recover

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really hope benneteau wins this tournament. at the moment a set up against cilic, the only masters winner left in the draw. dude deserves to win at least one title in his career. would be insane if it ended up being a masters in france.

of course he will lose against anyone in the final if he gets there.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Hi guys.

I have been a long time lurker in the tennis thread in the previous-place-that-shall-not-be-named. It has been like a fairytale story seeing Federer and Nadal blowing everybody away this year, even though the likes of Djokovic, Murray and Wawrinka have been sitting on the sidelines for nearly half of this season.

I've been to all four Grand Slams (Wimbledon > Australian Open (although there isn't too much between them) >>> Roland Garros > US Open ~ I don't particularly like the NBA-esque bowl-like appearance of the stadium, nor the cushiony feeling surface or the inevitable handful of overbearing spectators).

I tend to go away for short city breaks in Europe whilst trying to fit in a couple of Masters tournaments along the way such as Monte Carlo in April (it's so expensive...), Madrid or Rome in May and both the rather pleasant and tranquil grass surface warm-up tournaments, Queens and Eastbourne, in June.

I mostly support Murray, although I rather like his older brother more. Always enjoy watching Tsonga, and have actually spoken to him a couple of times - funny, likeable and is a joy to follow both on and off the court.

As for the current Masters tournament in Paris, I would thoroughly love to see Krajinovic win against Sock and takedown all three American players, after beating Querrey and Isner along the way!

*fingers crossed*

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope Krajinovic will pull through. I don't want Sock to push Pablo out of London...

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
The Sock era is upon us. I'll try to find a suitable bridge for us all to jump off of.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Dammit!

I feel like I jinked it.

Already got my tickets for the season ending tournament at the O2 Arena so, let's hope I don't get to see Sock during the evening session that I am booked to go to...

Last edited:

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sock can be a pretty fun player to watch. That forehand looks wild but if it works IT WORKS. Pretty good volleys too.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Sock is a cocky SOB just like Kygrios but a lot of the time he has the game to back it up. Interested to see if he somehow sneaks into London.

edit: Oh wow he did sneak in. Busta is 1st alternate so surely someone will pull out

diamond

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys.

I have been a long time lurker in the tennis thread in the previous-place-that-shall-not-be-named. It has been like a fairytale story seeing Federer and Nadal blowing everybody away this year, even though the likes of Djokovic, Murray and Wawrinka have been sitting on the sidelines for nearly half of this season.

I've been to all four Grand Slams (Wimbledon > Australian Open (although there isn't too much between them) >>> Roland Garros > US Open ~ I don't particularly like the NBA-esque bowl-like appearance of the stadium, nor the cushiony feeling surface or the inevitable handful of overbearing spectators).

I tend to go away for short city breaks in Europe whilst trying to fit in a couple of Masters tournaments along the way such as Monte Carlo in April (it's so expensive...), Madrid or Rome in May and both the rather pleasant and tranquil grass surface warm-up tournaments, Queens and Eastbourne, in June.

I mostly support Murray, although I rather like his older brother more. Always enjoy watching Tsonga, and have actually spoken to him a couple of times - funny, likeable and is a joy to follow both on and off the court.

As for the current Masters tournament in Paris, I would thoroughly love to see Krajinovic win against Sock and takedown all three American players, after beating Querrey and Isner along the way!

*fingers crossed*

Nice to have you here!
Impressive that you managed to go to so many events. I live in Paris so I'm pretty lucky to have a slam and a masters 1000 near me, but I never travelled to see a tournament, although I definitely plan to go to Wimbledon one day.
-------
Seeing Sock win is a little bit like seeing Anderson in a slam final, it's unexpected. And he was down 1-5 in the third against Edmund earlier in the draw... We'll see if he can do something at the WTF but I doubt it. We have
  • 1. Rafael Nadal (ESP)
  • 2. Roger Federer (SUI)
  • 3. Alexander Zverev (ALL)
  • 4. Dominic Thiem (AUT)
  • 5. Marin Cilic (CRO)
  • 6. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
  • 7. David Goffin (BEL)
  • 8. Jack Sock (USA)

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Nice to have you here!
Impressive that you managed to go to so many events. I live in Paris so I'm pretty lucky to have a slam and a masters 1000 near me, but I never travelled to see a tournament, although I definitely plan to go to Wimbledon one day.
-------
Seeing Sock win is a little bit like seeing Anderson in a slam final, it's unexpected. And he was down 1-5 in the third against Edmund earlier in the draw... We'll see if he can do something at the WTF but I doubt it. We have
  • 1. Rafael Nadal (ESP)
  • 2. Roger Federer (SUI)
  • 3. Alexander Zverev (ALL)
  • 4. Dominic Thiem (AUT)
  • 5. Marin Cilic (CRO)
  • 6. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
  • 7. David Goffin (BEL)
  • 8. Jack Sock (USA)
Germany has a different abbreviation than I remember. Usually it's (GER)

diamond

Oct 27, 2017
The whole event is a failure before it even took place. Good job trying to look young ATP.
And it's the same organization that tries to teach guys like Kyrgios to behave better...

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The rules:

DOCCdt9W4AI-NUZ.jpg:large

Oh god there's a DJ right behind the court.

Horsefly

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Why the choice of where to serve though? just a bit of tension?

other than that these changes are quite interesting

Horsefly

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Some lefties have a tremendous service from the left side far out to the receiver's backhand for instance.

ah ok, so a bit of excitement on the last point without getting bogged down with needing two points. this could be good (once they do away with the awful "hey young people" vibe)

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hawk Eye replaces all line judges with some pretty hilarious automated "OUT!" and "FAULT!" sound bites. But what about foot fault? Can the camera measure that as well?