• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Tennis-ERA |OT| You can't compare ERAs!!

Oct 27, 2017
Again, age showing its weight.
Question to older tennis players. Does getting old in Tennis hurt as much and breaks you down as much as in other sports? When I see older players they seem slower and weaker, but don't seem to be in the extreme pains that older pro players in other sports are in.

When you stop being the #1 in the world because you aged out of it, does it still make sense to try and play for top 16 or is the suffering to high to make it worth it?

Oct 29, 2017
It was a low level final outside some points here and there as they never played at high level at the same time, Fed only playing well in the first and Thiem did good but nothing extraordinary the rest of the time.

Oct 29, 2017
Question to older tennis players. Does getting old in Tennis hurt as much and breaks you down as much as in other sports? When I see older players they seem slower and weaker, but don't seem to be in the extreme pains that older pro players in other sports are in.

When you stop being the #1 in the world because you aged out of it, does it still make sense to try and play for top 16 or is the suffering to high to make it worth it?
It makes sense: look at this final, despite not being at his best he did gett his chances, like last year. When you still do it to grand slam second week, win 500 and go to final in 1000...? Sure.

Now what Fed is lacking to sustain a high level of play and rise his game at will when needed, like before, is adrenaline and all the other natural drugs our body and brain generate when we need it ^^ For me it explains his passivity in this match in key moments when there were opportunities.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I understand difficulties with long range forecasting but can you really not see rain coming from 10 min away? So far today we've basically had delayed start due to rain > 10 min of play > rain delay > 10 min of play > another rain delay. What's the point of even bringing the players out for such short bursts, must be incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.

OP
OP
Ron Paul

Ron Paul

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I understand difficulties with long range forecasting but can you really not see rain coming from 10 min away? So far today we've basically had delayed start due to rain > 10 min of play > rain delay > 10 min of play > another rain delay. What's the point of even bringing the players out for such short bursts, must be incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.
That’s Miami weather for you. Probably one of the worst places in the US to hold a spring time outdoor tournament due to the climate

Oct 28, 2017
Man that 19 year old, Auger Aliassime, is killing his run in Miami so far. What a record from 18-19yrs old against top 20 players so far, 5 wins and 0 losses. He's tipped to jump to 35-40 in rankings.