• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Welcome to Tennis ERA everyone!

In here we discuss all things tennis including but not limited to:
ATP World Tour
WTA Tour
Davis Cup
Fed Cup
College Tennis
Amateur Tennis
Retired Tennis Players
GOAT discussions
How many titles Serena will win as a mom
Roger Federer's estimated retirement date
Rafael Nadal's receding hairline
Brands that poorly invested in Bouchard
etc. etc.

Grand Slams should probably have their own threads.

Tennis ERA lets go!

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Who else is ready for Pablo Carreño Busta to win the WTF?

Anyone?

Hello?

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shapovalov another false prophet.

and as expected zverev skipping the so called "next-gen" finals.

diamond

Oct 27, 2017
Great to find a bunch of you guys here. Seems like even the small cummunities massively migrated here, pretty crazy.

DJTaurus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Federer won after loosing first set with so many unforced errors. Thats what champions do on their bad days....

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if federer had not lost that first set he would have now won three matches with the same scoreline, 6-1, 6-3. damn combo breaker.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Hey everyone...late in the season but there's some good semis tomorrow on both sides...might get a Poltro/Fed final and on the women side,Garcia is on fire lately,she might win at Singapore also... ;)

Oct 27, 2017
Venus winning the YEC would be a nice cherry on the top of a pretty special year from her. Still disappointed she wasn't able to nab a slam but making 2 finals and a SF at her age, battling Sjogren's is remarkable.

Might as well introduce myself as well so... hey guys! Pretty big tennis aficionado here that follows both tours pretty religiously. Federer and Serena are my two main cheering interests.

Still holding out hope for Clownfils to win a slam as well. It will happen one day.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Hello friends, good to see you all over here. Now let us hope for many years of TennisEra, like we hope for many years of Djokovic not winning a slam.

diamond

Oct 27, 2017
Why do they keep missing the final handshake by filming the audience doing nothing interesting? It's beyond me.
Overall fun masters I'd say, didn't see every match but there was some quality tennis. Particularly enjoyed the Caroline Garcia run, not only because she's french but she plays a very fun game to watch IMO. Hope she can keep playing this well next year.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Great seasons for Caroline and Venus. Both were very impressive this week as well.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Some good play mixed in with a lot of sloppy moments. Title 7 of the year, 95 overall. Not bad old man. Wonder if he'll end up playing Paris.

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that Venus didn't win a single set in any of the finals she reached at the Australian Open, Wimbledon or Singapore this year. That's rough. Doesn't take away from her spectacular season but I can't help but feel like this season may have been her last shot to pick up a major title.

Happy for Woz. There are moments where she still looks like a tennis player instead of a moonballing pusher.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
8th Basel and 95th title.

Is 20/100 actually possible?
Let's see how strong Djok/Murray/Wawa come back in 2018.

Oct 27, 2017
8th Basel and 95th title.

Is 20/100 actually possible?
Let's see how strong Djok/Murray/Wawa come back in 2018.
Certainly depends on what Nole and Murray (to a lesser extent Stan and others) do but it feels inevitable, which is absolutely ridiculous. After he shut it down in 2016, there's not a single person who would've given him a chance to reach either. Slipping in the bath and damaging that knee rejuvenated his career.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would be cool if he won his 20th and 100 at the same time (Wimby would be the place)

But honestly i don't dare to dream of even one more.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
I won't bet on 20 but 100 should be easily doable. Even if he starts to actually decline I don't see why he wouldn't vulture a couple of 250s or 500s in a goodbye tour.

What an insane year. 7 titles. This is beyond the best case scenario of the biggest Fed fanatic.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
federer out of paris, confirms nadal as the year end number one. i suppose he deserves it, so no hate. important thing for federer now is to keep the spaniard from winning the tour finals.

those match points pouille failed to convert in shanghai proved to be costly.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
federer out of paris, confirms nadal as the year end number one. i suppose he deserves it, so no hate. important thing for federer now is to keep the spaniard from winning the tour finals.

those match points pouille failed to convert in shanghai proved to be costly.

Vamos! Still confident he would have stayed #1 anyway.