• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fed played really well the whole match and then completely lost it in that tiebreak, sheesh. Oh well, I expected two sets with a break each so I'm still pleased.

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointing end, particularly considering how beatable Djokovic has been in this tournament and match. Federer's return game was simply too inconsistent despite his otherwise excellent level of play throughout.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive win. Khachanov has been pretty impressive this year at points, like the USO match against Nadal.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that certainly wasn't according to plan, but wow grats to Khachanov.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
khachanov has show some promise before, and now he actually got a pretty big title. hopefully he keeps on improving to make thing more interesting going forward.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was unexpected. I was happy to her Joker gave him his credit instead of saying tired excuses etc. Sign of a champion and awesome win by the randy.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised by Khachanov's win. After he came close to beating Nadal at the US Open, and then seeing him play in the lead up to the finale, I knew he had a very good chance of winning, no matter who he played. His power and talent overrode Djokovic's Gumby abilities.

I don't think Djokovic's reign at the top will last long. I see the past 2 years as a short reprise of the previous decade. Nadal and Federer are coming back down, so Djokovic can ascend. I think we will finally see the next gen take over. There will be atleast one new ATP slam winner next year.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oh I forgot the next GEN finals tournament play those weird four games sets. Lol. Makes it even tougher to take that tournament seriously

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Anybody watching the ATP Finals?

It's actually not a bad match between Federer and Nishikori at the moment!

I have got tickets to go along tomorrow evening, but it shall be a heck of a rush from leaving off work at school, hopping onto a train to London then making a mad dash to the O2 Arena...

I still cannot believe Grigor-blooming-Dimitrov won it this time last year!

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody watching the ATP Finals?

It's actually not a bad match between Federer and Nishikori at the moment!

I have got tickets to go along tomorrow evening, but it shall be a heck of a rush from leaving off work at school, hopping onto a train to London then making a mad dash to the O2 Arena...

I still cannot believe Grigor-blooming-Dimitrov won it this time last year!

Yeah. If Federer could actually get any Nishikori serves in play this set probably would have been over already lol. So many poor returns on weak seconds.

Thinking he'll hold for a tiebreak here.

edit: wow, amazing get there

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Radwanska announced her retirement.

Also Lucie Safarova will retire after the AO.

Who is next? Looks like a gen change is upon us indeed.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Since Thiem won in straights, it's more likely that Roger will move on. Anderson is guaranteed to move on no matter what. If Fed wins, he'll be the top player out of this group, second if Anderson wins in 3, and if Anderson wins in straights it goes to highest game % won between the three 1-2 players for the second semifinalist.

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Since Thiem won in straights, it's more likely that Roger will move on. Anderson is guaranteed to move on no matter what. If Fed wins, he'll be the top player out of this group, second if Anderson wins in 3, and if Anderson wins in straights it goes to highest game % won between the three 1-2 players for the second semifinalist.

Thiem and Nishikori both having lost sets 6-0 or 6-1 helps Roger there. If he can just lose 6-4 6-4 he should be through I think.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe it would be better for federer to finish second in the group. i think it's possible that he might upset djokovic in the semi, but don't see him doing it in the final.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Doesn't matter anyways, this is just a contest to see who gets to bend over for Djokovic

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Just has to cut down on those bad service games but mostly solid play. Getting Anderson up at net was continually effective