• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
That was unfortunate (ball kid incident) as the point was looking good for Fed at crucial moment, but it happens. The crowd was bad/annoying. Overall Zverev played solid and Fed started ok but his level went down while Zverev kept his. Deserved win vs a champion paying his due to mister Time (inconsistency from match to match, less confident).

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well shit. I guess next gen has finally arrived. Khachenov beating Djokovic last week in a final and now Zverev beating Djokovic in a final

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
HOORAY!

Until Murray comes back (properly), I am going to be rooting for Zverev!

That was a fantastic match!

Having Ivan Lendl in his team is giving Zverev the same kind of kick up the arse that Murray had when they were together. Here's hoping that this is the start of something special.

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
so the Australian Open is introducing 5th set tiebreaks

Good to hear. Hopefully the other 2 majors will get on board as well. I never understood the benefit of letting players, who have already played for 4+ hours, continue without an end in sight. Once both players win 2 sets and 6 games each, there's nothing left to prove. It's evenly matched and they both have shown they have the stamina. 5th set tiebreaks provide a lot of tension, clutch play and drama that a regular service game lacks.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear. Hopefully the other 2 majors will get on board as well. I never understood the benefit of letting players, who have already played for 4+ hours, continue without an end in sight. Once both players win 2 sets and 6 games each, there's nothing left to prove. It's evenly matched and they both have shown they have the stamina. 5th set tiebreaks provide a lot of tension, clutch play and drama that a regular service game lacks.
Wimbledon are but after 12-12.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I agree, it's too much for the crowd, the players, tv etc. There's no need for it, you've seen the contest and they've put their best forward. A result is needed at that point. Given the heatwaves in Aussie summers as well and the on court temperatures from the last couple of years it's getting dangerous to be out there that long.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, The Ten is great. You all should have Tennis Channel. They now get WTA matches, no longer have to use WTA's awful website.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just two Goats hanging out

i

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Nadal pulled out of Brisbane citing an injury to his left thigh

2019 is off to a good start god dammit

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Kinda funny that now Novak seems to be the only one of the big four not struggling with or recovering from an injury. Going to be a fun year and I feel lots could happen.

Will we finally see a new younger play come through and win a slam?

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Honestly, I am worried about Murray.

I know I shouldn't judge the year ahead for him on being knocked out in the second round of the Brisbane International (against a promising rising star in Medvedev), but I just cannot foresee him getting into the deep end of ATP tournaments, let alone a Grand Slam anytime soon...

I may have to start rooting for Zverev sooner than later!

Here's hoping this years Australian Open is as good as the previous two.

I hope Djokovic doesn't win...

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting this to be Murray's last year on tour. Think he's trying to go out on his own terms, and not forced to by injury.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'm expecting this to be Murray's last year on tour. Think he's trying to go out on his own terms, and not forced to by injury.

I can see him having a few more goes at Wimbledon and perhaps 'doing a Federer' in that he picks and chooses his own tournaments, irrespective of his current rankings. I really, really wish he had at least one Australian Open to his name — he was in the bloomin' final five times!

We'll see...

Zverev runnerup speech at 8:20 and 10:10 😂

Perhaps I am not understanding what's happening from 10:10 onwards, but what was Federer and Bencic laughing about when Zverev turned round to ask them (what was it that they're laughing about)?

Federer is now the Hopman Cup GOAT, the most elusive of achievements.

It is the last Hopman Cup, isn't it?

Where will they now host/play mixed (national) team tournament?

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Perhaps I am not understanding what's happening from 10:10 onwards, but what was Federer and Bencic laughing about when Zverev turned round to ask them (what was it that they're laughing about)?

Zverez had already set the tone earlier so I'm assuming they were just reacting to the crowd laughing at the "we wanted to win". Nothing disrespectful or anything. Or maybe Bencic really told Roger a joke like he said ;)