• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Nice start for Genie in Auckland(pictured here with Sonya Kenin,her doubles partner) and Andreescu reached her first WTA final at 18...

zm0CWeH.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The Aussie Open app is so bad I think I may delete it. All I want to do is look at live scores and check results and it doesn't have that option. It's useless to me.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Every year the Slam apps get worse. I quite enjoy the ATP/WTA Live App and it's a shame they can't show slam scores.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Every year the Slam apps get worse. I quite enjoy the ATP/WTA Live App and it's a shame they can't show slam scores.
Yeah I love the protennis live app. I wish the slam apps could be similar but no they have to showcase their photojournalists snapping pictures of the players because thats what we all want to see when following a slam.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
The Aussie Open app is so bad I think I may delete it. All I want to do is look at live scores and check results and it doesn't have that option. It's useless to me.

I find the Tennis 24 app (available on iOS and Android) to be pretty good for results and live scores, have been using it for a couple of years now. Recommended if you haven't given that a go already!

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep that was straight up amazing. It's an exhibition match so fair play I say. What a cheeky bastard, Kyrgios deserves some of that. Honestly I'd like to see these two get serious about their tennis finally.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Projected QFs:

Men:
Djokovic v Nishikori
Zverev v Thiem

Cilic v Federer
Anderson v Nadal

Women:
Halep v Pliskova
Osaka v Svitolina

Kvitova v Wozniacki
Stephens v Kerber

Last edited:
OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Murray drew Bautista Agut first round. Tough luck

Also lol Isner Opelka first round. God bless the 5th set tiebreaker

Edit: damn the top quarter of the women's draw is loaded

Last edited:
OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's very sad for Andy. That surgery he had was ineffective unfortunately. On a happier note, his compatriot Dan Evans is one win away from qualifying for the AO and here was one of the winners he hit in yesterdays qualifying match. Pretty solid shot imo.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
It's so disappointing that Murray's injury came right when he was at his peak. He could easily have had another 1 or 2 slams if he'd stayed fit. Still 3 slams, 2 gold medals and 1 Davis Cup is incredible. A class act that will be missed.

Milchmann

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad that Murray has to end his career this way. I wish him the best and hope he will stay in tennis somehow.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kokkinakis qualified for the AusOpen, too bad he's going to play either Joker or Nishikori in the first round. Here's a pic of his war dance.

I can't help but run his name through my mind as Cock'n'Ass Kiss every time I say it.

Aussie mens line up for the draw:
Alex de Minaur v (thought he was up against Berdych but AO site has him playing Sousa now)
Kokkinakis v (Joker or Nishikori)
Tomic v Cilic
Bolt v Sock (good old Aus vs USA)
Kyrgios v Raonic
Popyrin v Zverev
Millman v Delbonis
Thompson v Lopez
Kubler v Fabbiano
Polmans v Kudla
Ebden v Struff
Duckworth v Nadal

Aussie ladies draw:
Stosur v Yastremska
Tomljanovic v Giorgi
Gavrilova v Zidansek
Aiava v Keys
Barty v Kumkhum
Perez v Wang
Hives v Mattek-Sands
Hon v (Qualifier)
Birrell v (Qualifier)

Holy crap that's a lot of Aussies in the main draw this year.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Kokkinakis qualified for the AusOpen, too bad he's going to play either Joker or Nishikori in the first round. Here's a pic of his war dance.

I can't help but run his name through my mind as Cock'n'Ass Kiss every time I say it.

Aussie mens line up for the draw:
Alex de Minaur v (thought he was up against Berdych but AO site has him playing Sousa now)
Kokkinakis v (Joker or Nishikori)
Tomic v Cilic
Bolt v Sock (good old Aus vs USA)
Kyrgios v Raonic
Popyrin v Zverev
Millman v Delbonis
Thompson v Lopez
Kubler v Fabbiano
Polmans v Kudla
Ebden v Struff
Duckworth v Nadal

Aussie ladies draw:
Stosur v Yastremska
Tomljanovic v Giorgi
Gavrilova v Zidansek
Aiava v Keys
Barty v Kumkhum
Perez v Wang
Hives v Mattek-Sands
Hon v (Qualifier)
Birrell v (Qualifier)

Holy crap that's a lot of Aussies in the main draw this year.

Nice. I think Aiava has a decent shot upsetting Keys. She's a future star either way.

As for the Americans there are 16 American men in the draw which is a higher number than I can remember for a slam outside the US Open.
On the womens side there 15 Americans which is lower than usual.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Genuine tears.

I've been following him all his career, both on the telly and going to Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon numerous times...

I took this photograph a couple of years ago, and I will sorely miss him.

28w0wgx.jpg

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Andy deserved better. I'm so happy for him that he got that Wimby title and hope he has a good post career life.

1/4 out
Can't imagine tennis when all 4 are gone.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Will miss Murray. Sure he was the punchline of a lot of jokes, but he still put together a great and successful career. Shame that injuries prevented him from winning more.

He has a great personality and social media presence so I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ozzy Onya A2Z I have Ash Barty making it to the semi finals in my bracket, but Kerber winning it all. Ash Barty is on fire and is about to win Sydney.

Australian Open Thread Here

I've watched Barty for years now. What a rollercoaster match from that first set to a loss. Nice to see close 3 set ladies Tennis though. Barty is in great form for the Open.

De Minaur taking the Sydney mens over Seppi though, hot damn. Love watching that kid play.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched Barty for years now. What a rollercoaster match from that first set to a loss. Nice to see close 3 set ladies Tennis though. Barty is in great form for the Open.

De Minaur taking the Sydney mens over Seppi though, hot damn. Love watching that kid play.

His match against Cilic at the USO last year was one of my favorites. That was so good.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading that starting from 2020 AO and USO will allow on-court coaching for women. I wonder what brought about this change, hmmmm....

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
6'11" Reilly Opelka won his first ATP title today. I was watching some of his matches and he has improved quite a bit on his consistency and engaged in some long rallies even. Pretty soon I feel like most of the ATP won't want to play against him. Tomorrow he'll be ranked inside the top 60.

OpelkaNYOpen-e1550458098916.jpg

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WTA so lucky that Bencic was injured for so long. Now time is up for all these mediocrities. The Queen is here to stay.

4 top 10 players in a row and they all bowed to the new heiress.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching this Nadal Kyrgios match? I'm kind of amazed Kyrgios hasn't imploded during this battle.