• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Thiem was great in that third set, but man watching Fed brainfart his way into avoidable extra sets then waste so many break points is becoming exhausting

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah well, Thiem deserved that win. At least I like him. This could've been Raonic in a much darker, sadder timeline.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, age showing its weight.

Question to older tennis players. Does getting old in Tennis hurt as much and breaks you down as much as in other sports? When I see older players they seem slower and weaker, but don't seem to be in the extreme pains that older pro players in other sports are in.

When you stop being the #1 in the world because you aged out of it, does it still make sense to try and play for top 16 or is the suffering to high to make it worth it?

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
It was a low level final outside some points here and there as they never played at high level at the same time, Fed only playing well in the first and Thiem did good but nothing extraordinary the rest of the time.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Question to older tennis players. Does getting old in Tennis hurt as much and breaks you down as much as in other sports? When I see older players they seem slower and weaker, but don't seem to be in the extreme pains that older pro players in other sports are in.

When you stop being the #1 in the world because you aged out of it, does it still make sense to try and play for top 16 or is the suffering to high to make it worth it?
It makes sense: look at this final, despite not being at his best he did gett his chances, like last year. When you still do it to grand slam second week, win 500 and go to final in 1000...? Sure.

Now what Fed is lacking to sustain a high level of play and rise his game at will when needed, like before, is adrenaline and all the other natural drugs our body and brain generate when we need it ^^ For me it explains his passivity in this match in key moments when there were opportunities.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Naomi Osaka's sister was granted a main draw wild card entry into Miami this week. Ride those coattails, Mari!

gettyimages-849861332.jpg

og-mari-osaka-42956.jpg

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is a better second underarm serve from that match. An ace even.

EDIT: There was more too

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Out of the eight male quarterfinalists in Miami, 4 are 22 or younger, and 4 are 30 or older.

88- 97 is really the most useless gen ever.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I understand difficulties with long range forecasting but can you really not see rain coming from 10 min away? So far today we've basically had delayed start due to rain > 10 min of play > rain delay > 10 min of play > another rain delay. What's the point of even bringing the players out for such short bursts, must be incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I understand difficulties with long range forecasting but can you really not see rain coming from 10 min away? So far today we've basically had delayed start due to rain > 10 min of play > rain delay > 10 min of play > another rain delay. What's the point of even bringing the players out for such short bursts, must be incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.

That's Miami weather for you. Probably one of the worst places in the US to hold a spring time outdoor tournament due to the climate

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man that 19 year old, Auger Aliassime, is killing his run in Miami so far. What a record from 18-19yrs old against top 20 players so far, 5 wins and 0 losses. He's tipped to jump to 35-40 in rankings.