• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Serena isn't even winning womens titles these days how is she gonna beat the top men haha. She wouldn't beat anyone in the main draw of a slam on the mens side. Whatever data they are using to come to that conclusion is garbage

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She would not win any of those matches. Joker, Fed, Nadal...not happening. She'd be lucky to even win a game against any of those 3.

Serena is a great champion of women's tennis and fully deserves all her accolades as the best but this idea that men's and women's tennis is on par is complete horseshit.

EDIT:

I'll just leave this here for the annual rebuttal of Serena would beat the top men hits grabbing article...

Karsten Braasch v the Williams Sisters

During the 1998 Australian Open, sisters Serena and Venus Williams boasted that they could beat any man ranked outside the world's top 200. The challenge was accepted by Karsten Braasch, a German player ranked No 203 (his highest ranking was No 38). Before the matches, Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, drank a couple of beers, smoked a few cigarettes, and then played the Williams sisters for a set each, one after the other. He defeated Serena, 6-1, and Venus, 6-2. Serena said afterwards "I didn't know it would be that hard. I hit shots that would have been winners on the women's tour and he got to them easily."

In 1999 when Serena Williams was 18 and ranked 4th in the world, she re-opened the debate on whether women can compete with men in professional sport. The US Open champion believed she could take on and beat the best players in the men's game - she even applied for a wild card entry to take part in a men's singles event, the Eurocard Open, but this did not eventuate, mainly because she could not compete as she was not a man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
A sad attempt to be able to label anyone who disagrees with said data sexist/misogynistic/etc.

Edit: Checking their YouTube channel, it's clear they were just doing clickbait / were desperate for views.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfdQ3guIkuo6raBPcuKyHmQ/videos
Oh yeah theyre trolling big time. Arguing in bad faith

Pinned by Big Data Tennis
Big Data Tennis1 month ago (edited)
So far the comments are mostly men who can't believe that a woman could beat anyone on the ATP tour. ⬇

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
On a separate note, I'm going to the night session in Houston tomorrow. Opelka v. Ruud followed by a Byran bros match. My friend who's volunteering for the tournament picked up Jordan Thompson from the airport last week. I would volunteer too if I weren't working

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
lots of parity this year. Serena Williams still without a title in 2019 but she can beat most of the top 10 mens players according to that big data site

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Medvedev knocks Djokovic out of Monte Carlo

Pella and Nadal broke each other 4 times in the first set. Nadal wins the breaker 7-1.

Last edited:

Moonwater

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I've been watching tennis for decades, had a random thought about Tsitsipas. His game is devastating and he has an ease about it that you don't see in many other tennis players, and there's always been something off or quirky about the way he carries himself on the court and his physicality. It dawned on me that it might be that he appears to be one of those tall, skinny guys (ectomorph?) but has really thick bones. Is this a dumb observation? There's just something about him that's unusual physically to me. Like a combo of awkward but elegant?

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka being down 1-5 in the third set only to comeback and win in the tie-breaker was a fun start to my work day.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
my way too early RG predictions:
Nadal wins playing mediocre tennis but never really in doubt, won't face a top 10 clay player all tournament.
Djokovic out in QF
Federer out in R2 or 3

for the women's side... who knows? seemingly every person ranked in the top 100 can take it.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Madrid projected quarters:

Djokovic v Del Potro
Federer v Thiem

Tsitsipas v Zverev
Nishikori v Nadal

Osaka v Pliskova
Halep v Svitolina

Stephens v Kerber
Bertens v Kvitova

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Taylor Fritz robbed us from a Dimitrov-Djoker match at Madrid. I wanted to see Novak pissed off and swearing at the spanish crowd in serbian again.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Fed playing half volley from the baseline on clay court against a player like Thiem is an amazement in itself. Don't if he'll win and whatever, just seeing that applied successfully on clay is worth the try.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That second serve and the subsequent approach sure was something. Something like throwing the tiebreak =P

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Tsitsipas playing with some belief against Nadal. Going to a 3rd set now. Such a contrast to their meeting a few months ago at the AO