• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Thiem take these old men out.

One left to go.

It would be the most French Open way to win the French Open too.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Good good, prob. thiem is gonna give nadal less trouble than djoker in the final. The short time off won't help thiem against nadal either. I want a crushing win from rafa also this is gonna be his 18th grand slam victory if he wins tomorrow! So only 2 more and he equals roger's record :D

Last edited:

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible win for Thiem. He's had so many impressive victories lately. Though I'm skeptical of his chances tomorrow, I'm hopeful he can find a way to pull it off. He would certainly deserve it.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Good good, prob. thiem is gonna give nadal less trouble than djoker in the final. The short time off won't help thiem against nadal either. I want a crushing win from rafa also this is gonna be his 18th grand slam victory if he wins tomorrow! So only 2 more and he equals roger's record :D
Nadal won't win another GS besides French Open so he will need to win the French Open at the age of 35 in two years to equal Roger's record. I think Djokovic has a much better chance to surpass Federer.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Nadal won't win another GS besides French Open so he will need to win the French Open at the age of 35 in two years to equal Roger's record. I think Djokovic has a much better chance to surpass Federer.
We don't know if he won't win another, Djokovic can always lose before the final in any of the other grand slams and nadal just recently went into the final of the AO 2019. So he still has a good chance of winning the AO or the US Open if not the wimby.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget we thought Federer would finish his career with 17 GS. It's entirely possible that he ends up with the fewest GS among him, Nadal, and Djokovic.

Oct 27, 2017
We don't know if he won't win another, Djokovic can always lose before the final in any of the other grand slams and nadal just recently went into the final of the AO 2019. So he still has a good chance of winning the AO or the US Open if not the wimby.

Nadal reached the semis of all the slams last year and obviously two finals this year so far.

The only thing holding him back are his knees and Djokovic is a problem for him on other surfaces. He was sort of unlucky at Wimbledon though last as they changed the rules this year regarding the roof. If the roof was open as it was a sunny day he probably would have beaten Djokovic in the semi and Anderson who had just played a long match would have been easy pickings for him.

His knees seem to give away because his hard court record in the past year or so isn't bad. He reaches the semi or final of every event besides his loss to Kyrgios which he lost two sets in tie breaks when he really had it in his control.

Djokovics issue is if he mentally just gives up again. He has dominant spells and then he has spells where he just doesn't want to be on a tennis court. I wouldn't rule out Fed getting another slam though. He just reached semis of a slam he hasn't played in years and lost to the best player that's ever played it. If he's healthy then he has a good chance at Wimbledon. Let's not forget he also threw it away against Anderson last year. He was two sets up and 9/10 times he wins that match.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Nadal reached the semis of all the slams last year and obviously two finals this year so far.

The only thing holding him back are his knees and Djokovic is a problem for him on other surfaces. He was sort of unlucky at Wimbledon though last as they changed the rules this year regarding the roof. If the roof was open as it was a sunny day he probably would have beaten Djokovic in the semi and Anderson who had just played a long match would have been easy pickings for him.

His knees seem to give away because his hard court record in the past year or so isn't bad. He reaches the semi or final of every event besides his loss to Kyrgios which he lost two sets in tie breaks when he really had it in his control.

Djokovics issue is if he mentally just gives up again. He has dominant spells and then he has spells where he just doesn't want to be on a tennis court. I wouldn't rule out Fed getting another slam though. He just reached semis of a slam he hasn't played in years and lost to the best player that's ever played it. If he's healthy then he has a good chance at Wimbledon. Let's not forget he also threw it away against Anderson last year. He was two sets up and 9/10 times he wins that match.
wait. they'll change that stupid rule at Wimbledon this year? as in, they'll open the roof even if the match was started with closed roof?

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be a miracle if Thiem isn't out of gas at the end of the first set @_@

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yo what happened, I wen't in the shower at 3-3 and Nadal looking at another break point on his serve, and came out to see Nadal won that set 6-3. Did he finally learn how to hit again our is the pressure of the moment starting to hit Thiem?

Oct 27, 2017
Yo what happened, I wen't in the shower at 3-3 and Nadal looking at another break point on his serve, and came out to see Nadal won that set 6-3. Did he finally learn how to hit again our is the pressure of the moment starting to hit Thiem?

Nadal improved. Thiem sort of choked his service game after he broke. He then reverted back to his tactics from last year after that by going for it more. But obviously physically he would be shattered if he kept that defensive play up especially after playing Novak yesterday

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Dont get why Nadal threw that last set away. Maybe he's thinks Thiem will tire out? Thiem looks stronger here I can see him winning this.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how Nadal takes a break and things turn around for him. I wish I could run in the back and comeback when things don't go my way.