• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOAN YERSEL ANDY BOY!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy that special feeling of being "British Champion" and a "Miracle Brit" on the news for two months. Knowing that you will get to be a "canny Scot" or the "injury prone Scotsman" next time you lose.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Murray, sad for Stan. Neither has a title in 2 years, so you could tell they were both motivated. Good match and many happy returns to finals for both of them.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Fed cup championship coming down to the final rubber. 2:2 France v. Australia and the deciding doubles match is about to begin.

edit: France def. Australia to win the Fed Cup!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The 5th most important tournament of the year is ongoing and this thread is dead :(
Federer currently down a set to Thiem and he needs your support.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
I have been watching, hopefully Thiem can finish the match this set.

Last edited:

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Next time Medvedev gives his box a sarcastic thumbs up one of them should climb down and punch him in the face.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great first set from Federer. Hopefully he can keep it up.

edit: Federer wins it. Not much of a consolation after the Wimbledon nightmare, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really strong and satisfying match from Federer. It's great to see. It's also nice that Nadal will be ending the year at #1.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite stat here is going to be 5 errors in the whole match against Djokovic two days ago and 6 errors in this match when it was only 1.5 games in. Set the tone for the day.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
The two T's:

Thiem v Tsitsipas

Think the latter is going to win this, but he still won't be able to 'go deep' in a Grand Slam next season...

I am super-duper pleased that Nadal ended the year as the number one ranked player though ... 🏆

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Tomas Berdych, who announced his retirement from professional tennis on Saturday, was honoured alongside fellow retirees David Ferrer, Mikhail Youzhny, Marcos Baghdatis, Nicolas Almagro, Radek Stepanek, Max Mirnyi Victor Estrella Burgos and Marcin Matkowski at The O2, the London venue of the Nitto ATP Finals.

Recognize a lot of these names but what gen they were part of is all a big blur with how the big three dominated.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I would definitely put Berdych among the best players to never win a slam. Ferrer and Baghdatis were also slam finalists, and probably would have won slams as well had they not been in the Big 3 generation

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Looks like USA is playing doubles against Italy right now, and it's past 3:30am local time. Maybe trying to cram the Davis cup into one week wasn't practical