• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fed making records still, largest crowd ever -

According to organisers, 42,517 spectators packed into the specially-erected arena in the Plaza de Toros to watch Federer beat Zverev 6-3 4-6 6-2 in an exhibition match.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So the inaugural ATP Cup starts in a couple of days. I really don't seen the point of it considering Davis Cup now has a similar format and was just played less than 2 months ago. I wish Hopman cup didn't have to die for this.

They took away tennis from Perth and Sydney. SAD!

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Before the Brisbane tournament, world #1 Ash Barty said she would give 100% of her prize money winnings to the Australian wildfire relief fund, and then she loses 2nd round. Tough luck

Mar 21, 2018
I'm *this* close to buying tickets for the semifinals in Sydney for the ATP Cup. The potential for watching Kyrgios vs Nadal live is mouth watering.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Del Potro just officially withdrew from the Australian Open today. Surprise surprise.
No Andy Murray or Nishikori either at this years AO

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Andreescu officially pulled out of the Australian Open. Serena's chances of winning just went from no shot in hell to a shot in the dark

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I really don't think the Australian Open should happen, unless they can hold every match indoors. Players are having coughing fits out there. Add in the heat, and this shit is dangerous.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I really don't think the Australian Open should happen, unless they can hold every match indoors. Players are having coughing fits out there. Add in the heat, and this shit is dangerous.

I do wonder how far away we are from this becoming a serious consideration going forward. The heat is only going to get worse and bushfires will also be more common. It's only a matter of time until the Australian open will have to be called off due to extreme weather.

Like is it possible in the next 5-10 years that they might have to consider not having an Australian open? Or changing around the dates. Or will they just keep it as is and cross their fingers and hope they get lucky.

Phoony17

Oct 27, 2017
Narangba, AUS
I do wonder how far away we are from this becoming a serious consideration going forward. The heat is only going to get worse and bushfires will also be more common. It's only a matter of time until the Australian open will have to be called off due to extreme weather.

Like is it possible in the next 5-10 years that they might have to consider not having an Australian open? Or changing around the dates. Or will they just keep it as is and cross their fingers and hope they get lucky.

Maybe a bit hyperbole. First year fires have been an issue and as bad as it is to say there's nothing left to burn after this year.

An easy solution is to cover the courts gradually over the next 10 years. The Aus Open is now the highest attended grand slam so it won't be moved any time soon.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Maybe a bit hyperbole. First year fires have been an issue and as bad as it is to say there's nothing left to burn after this year.

An easy solution is to cover the courts gradually over the next 10 years. The Aus Open is now the highest attended grand slam so it won't be moved any time soon.

I don't think there will be fires like this every year but it will be more common. Heat waves will be the bigger issue IMO. I agree that they'll likely just have to start covering more and more of the courts.

Also I don't think it's hyperbole at all. Right across the summer now we are having frequent heatwaves which we getting worse (I'm talking runs of 40+ degrees over many days). I think it's only a matter of time until one of these heatwaves or a bushfire coincides with the Australian open and wreaks havoc on the schedule.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
AO qualifying this year has already had air quality delays. I think we'll see more of those than rain delays this year ( and subsequent years moving forward this may be the new norm )

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Barty v Collins in the Adelaide semi was a good match. Collins really looks the goods if she can put it all together, her flat power shots look impossible to play sometimes. Barty won though, using experience and variable pace and bounce to her advantage. Collins looks set for top 10 soon though.