• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
Will try it out when I get home then, I bought it on Xbox, but I hope the game's gotten better, the gameplay underneath all the issues isn't that bad
I'm X1 as well, we only got one patch 2 days after launch which essentially caught us up to PS users.....until they got a patch Friday, which we haven't gotten yet.

Nov 13, 2017
This has looked like a train wreck from the start and am not surprised in the slightest. I feel sorry for the unfortunate (and slightly naive) people who paid anything towards getting this trash.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This has looked like a train wreck from the start and am not surprised in the slightest. I feel sorry for the unfortunate (and slightly naive) people who paid anything towards getting this trash.
Naive and thirsty. It has been about half a decade since the last tennis game with real ATP/WTA players, and the first of this generation of consoles. Fans of tennis games wanted this to be good so desperately.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm X1 as well, we only got one patch 2 days after launch which essentially caught us up to PS users.....until they got a patch Friday, which we haven't gotten yet.

The latest PS4 patch makes the game better , but it is still not really acceptable in its current state.

More worrying after this declaration from the publisher is the radio silence from the devs on their social media accounts. Since the latest PS4 patch, they haven't said a word :(

Nov 13, 2017
Naive and thirsty. It has been about half a decade since the last tennis game with real ATP/WTA players, and the first of this generation of consoles. Fans of tennis games wanted this to be good so desperately.

I loved Virtua Tennis and would absolutely love to see a return of that. The Mario tennis games don't do it for me. I'm thirsty but not thirsty enough to knowingly drink liquid shit.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
This actually makes me think that there must be a lot of devs out there doing exactly this but not being publicly open about it.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game looks like an upscaled PlayStation 2 title, it's incomplete and full of bugs. This is even more hilarious than the incomplete Street Fighter V release, that was at least polished in some ways and looked fairly good.

I'm looking for years for a decent Tennis game. There is another one out, right? All in all, I guess Mario Tennis must do the trick here. These scammers don't deserve a single penny.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Game will meet expectations and be profitable because 500k shipped to distributors of which some have no right to return them"

This sort of shit really kills businesses. Usually several protection options to stop this.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Game looks like an upscaled PlayStation 2 title, it's incomplete and full of bugs. This is even more hilarious than the incomplete Street Fighter V release, that was at least polished in some ways and looked fairly good.

I'm looking for years for a decent Tennis game. There is another one out, right? All in all, I guess Mario Tennis must do the trick here. These scammers don't deserve a single penny.
Yeah apparently another game released back in January in Australia but I don't know how I can play it, being in North America.

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Switch is still happening apparently. Can't wait to see footage of this version. At least when it comes to online it should be on par with the other versions.

edit

I found a (super small) YouTuber just reading out loud this OP lol. Not gonna link but yikes.

Last edited:

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
The recent entries in selected sports like Cricket , Tennis and rugby are so poor

Long gone the days of Top Spin

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mario tennis aces just swooned everyone over and they have the balls to not have the switch version out already? Lol good luck

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Yeah apparently another game released back in January in Australia but I don't know how I can play it, being in North America.

The AO Tennis that was released in Australia was re-released as AO International Tennis and you can buy it on PSN or steam. It was another game released incomplete but it's been receiving weekly updates and the best thing is that we can download created players from other users and have all the real life top 100 in the game.

Here's an example of created players buy a user of other forum:

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
Nope, that was another white lie. They have 2 design consultants who worked on the GAMEBOY version of Top Spin 2.......

Is this true? There are so many articles online mentioning Pierre Andre as the former producer of Top Spin 4 working on this with some colleagues from 2K Czech.

See this Polygon article: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...ion-4-xbox-one-tennis-world-tour-pierre-andre

And this Gamekult interview (French): https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/tennis-world-tour-viens-on-refait-top-spin-3050797233.html

What happened here?

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
Is this true? There are so many articles online mentioning Pierre Andre as the former producer of Top Spin 4 working on this with some colleagues from 2K Czech.

See this Polygon article: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...ion-4-xbox-one-tennis-world-tour-pierre-andre

And this Gamekult interview (French): https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/tennis-world-tour-viens-on-refait-top-spin-3050797233.html

What happened here?

Pierre Andre hasn't been mentioned or been around since those initial articles/reveals , Etienne Jacquemain( now said to be director) and Romain Ginnocchio ( now said to be the producer) have taken helm as the leads since then.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
I feel like I need a shower just reading the OP. Gross.

It's like they're flaunting it, too. They're like yeah we made our money back after putting out some trailers and selling to retailers who can't return it even though customers may be pissed off. This is just so ... gross.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
How are the platform holders allowing this? I've never heard of anything as bad as this.

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
So evidently this was a mistranslation, Carlos Rosales of the Spanish side of BigBen gave an interview and clarified the intent.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Because Carlos Rosales, the Spanish founder of BigBen Es was asked about the article

http://www.meristation.com.mx/notic...a-informacion-sobre-tennis-world-tour/2285416

That doesn't change the words in French that a french newpaper reported and that french resetera speakers translated here.

I don't know spanish but it's most likely just doing damage control because that was the worst kind of PR you could even imagine.

But maybe you could give us a rough resume of that spanish interview, without mistranslation of course :p

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
That doesn't change the words in French that a french newpaper reported and that french resetera speakers translated here.

I don't know spanish but it's most likely just doing damage control because that was the worst kind of PR you could even imagine.

But maybe you could give us a rough resume of that spanish interview, without mistranslation of course :p

Given the information that Tennis World Tour was launched at 20% of its development (in this house we scored it with a 5), according to an interview with Alain Falc of BigBen in the French newspaper Le Monde, a Spanish representative of the same company denies the words of his French counterpart, assuring that "his words have been misrepresented" , adding that "it is not true that the game was not ready for commercialization".

The statement of Carlos Rosales, CEO of Bigben Spain, reads as follows:

"Part of an interview published in a French written medium has been misrepresented It is not true that the game was not ready for commercialization, it is true that the update patch thought to be available simultaneously with the launch of the game was delayed several days, so the company asked and apologizes, the error is corrected. "

"We are also committed to a policy of constant improvement of this title, frequent updates and support for players who have relied on Bigben to enjoy a great game of tennis."

"We are in permanent contact with them, through our social networks, and from here I want to thank them for their support and comments, we listen and we improve thanks to them".

Notice he didn't do any damage control on the bits about the 500k sales and the no return policy or the refined edition next year.......coupled with the fact that, in all reality, a 20% completed video game DOES NOT look like that, i'd venture to say that he is being honest.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
This is seriously maddening. How can you rush out a game that is barely complete for full price in time for a tennis tournament and release a much more complete version next year?

This is even worse than Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and that game barely had any content when it was released.

Dd4u8q7UQAInetf.jpg

Dd41Z25VMAA9-Xs.jpg

If it has something to do with legal issues, I can kind of understand. But at least try to change the model's face.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Are these remarks from the dev? Reads like venting out of frustration with their publisher, Bigben.

These harsh facts are likely true; devs do not write press releases, hence the unfiltered statements.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
Ahh the brandon greene model of game design and product. Release something early and promise to fix it with patches. Welcome to game developers 2018.

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, yeah. 20% is not a state you can release any game in. But he chose those words. They are his words. He might have meant 20% content wise of what was planned initially or whatever. But that doesn't change his words.

I get the Spanish branch wants to calm down the customers but that still does not change what was said. And what the game actually is.

Are these remarks from the dev? Reads like venting out of frustration with their publisher, Bigben.

These harsh facts are likely true; devs do not write press releases, hence the unfiltered statements.
No, it's the founder of the publisher.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
Given the information that Tennis World Tour was launched at 20% of its development (in this house we scored it with a 5), according to an interview with Alain Falc of BigBen in the French newspaper Le Monde, a Spanish representative of the same company denies the words of his French counterpart, assuring that "his words have been misrepresented" , adding that "it is not true that the game was not ready for commercialization".

The statement of Carlos Rosales, CEO of Bigben Spain, reads as follows:

"Part of an interview published in a French written medium has been misrepresented It is not true that the game was not ready for commercialization, it is true that the update patch thought to be available simultaneously with the launch of the game was delayed several days, so the company asked and apologizes, the error is corrected. "

"We are also committed to a policy of constant improvement of this title, frequent updates and support for players who have relied on Bigben to enjoy a great game of tennis."

"We are in permanent contact with them, through our social networks, and from here I want to thank them for their support and comments, we listen and we improve thanks to them".

Notice he didn't do any damage control on the bits about the 500k sales and the no return policy or the refined edition next year.......coupled with the fact that, in all reality, a 20% completed video game DOES NOT look like that, i'd venture to say that he is being honest.

This is damage control buddy.

We know a 20% complete game doesn't look like that. It's an exaggeration but he meant to say the game didn't have much time in the oven.

You can't defend this. It's a travesty. An insult to the sport of tennis and it damages the possibilities of future quality tennis games.