• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So on the Teppen Discord, there is a notice of two important actions you should take in prep for the upcoming patch:
1) Create a Transfer Code (in case something goes terribly wrong during this update). You can find it in the Options tab.
2) Do NOT log in during the scheduled maintenance Oct 31 (8:00 PT - 14:59 PT)

There is concern that logging in during this time could cause a user's data to get corrupted

I'd say just get the one of the color you want to play. If you want to compare the two, Juri can single handedly win you the game.

Yea, I may craft Juri since there's a higher chance we get free Core packs in the future while DoN is likely done.

I've been out of the loop on the goings on save for the expansion announcement. Why the full refund and are there any other cards also in effect by it?
Ibuki got a pretty serious nerf as she no longer gets +1 attack on Resonate. Since purple doesn't offer a lot of attack-enhancing action cards or unit abilities and she can only be used in mono-purple decks, her killing power is dramatically lower, only saved by her now higher base HP that can still Resonate +1 each time. The increased MP cost of Reckless Charge and False Throne also make them eligible for full refunds, but they're still very powerful cards and if you happened to have three of each, that's only worth 1.5 Ibukis.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Ibuki got a pretty serious nerf as she no longer gets +1 attack on Resonate. Since purple doesn't offer a lot of attack-enhancing action cards or unit abilities and she can only be used in mono-purple decks, her killing power is dramatically lower, only saved by her now higher base HP that can still Resonate +1 each time. The increased MP cost of Reckless Charge and False Throne also make them eligible for full refunds, but they're still very powerful cards and if you happened to have three of each, that's only worth 1.5 Ibukis.

Good to know, thanks.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This new expansion is making me want to buy DMCV. Damn you, Capcom!

As for the expansion itself, it feels like complete chaos. Growth can be busted at times.

This new expansion is making me want to buy DMCV. Damn you, Capcom!

As for the expansion itself, it feels like complete chaos. Growth can be busted at times.
Yeah, some cards get pretty out of control with their growth rates. It's great news for green decks since they finally have so many more answers to other decks, but I can already tell that Yawn-Li might wind up next in line for a nerf with how ridiculous you can get with her setups.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So I'm at the point in my Teppen collection where (if I dusted all my dupes), I'd have 25,000 souls and am sitting on a bank of 5,500 coins. Not bad for spending only $5 on the initial season pass when the game launched.

I feel sufficiently "wealthy" with in game currency that I can finally start crafting epics for some of the more top tier Red and Green (my primary interests).

UA Jill is still lots of fun to play, while playing against Nero can be infuriating at times. So many in the B-ranks!!

Nice - thanks!

Is this actually a thing??
If you watch the first match record of the day, you can see how it's supposed to work, but needless to say, it's ridiculous. I don't think the devs ever considered the possibility of it happening at all, so having to watch your entire board wipe on the Hero Art activation, then watching them use Possessing Malice to get them a fresh Dalamadur is peak cancer.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
If you watch the first match record of the day, you can see how it's supposed to work, but needless to say, it's ridiculous. I don't think the devs ever considered the possibility of it happening at all, so having to watch your entire board wipe on the Hero Art activation, then watching them use Possessing Malice to get them a fresh Dalamadur is peak cancer.

That's pretty gross -- Red has no way of dealing with those shenanigans. =(

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. That sounds even more disgusting than Jill's Detonate/Genesis spam.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know I complained about Detonate Jill decks before, but I made my own and I'm having a blast with it.

They really should do 200% MP Charge events more often. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

With the championships broadcasting live next Friday, I imagine that we'll get our next Hero announcement and subsequent expansion before or after the championship round. Since it's in all likelihood a purple Hero and with them trying to ensure that each current series in the game has at least two representatives, it ought to be either Darkstalkers or Mega Man X that we see next. Sigma, perhaps?

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
They really should do 200% MP Charge events more often. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

With the championships broadcasting live next Friday, I imagine that we'll get our next Hero announcement and subsequent expansion before or after the championship round. Since it's in all likelihood a purple Hero and with them trying to ensure that each current series in the game has at least two representatives, it ought to be either Darkstalkers or Mega Man X that we see next. Sigma, perhaps?

An announcement makes sense, but I don't see the next expansion being released until the start of the next Season in January.

It's honestly more fun than the base game, even though balance goes out of the window.

My money's on Zero from Megaman Zero for the next char.
I really can't see them break away from the current series like that, especially with MMZ being far less well known than MMX. I know the MMZ/ZX collection is coming out early next year, but I can't see them going for that, especially with Sigma's suspicious lack of presence in the game thus far. I've no doubt that Zero will get a sweet legendary card at long last, though, along with Vile.

But yeah, the balance is pretty wack. Jill Activation decks become immortal, more or less, with how damn many shields are flying all over the place, and Ryu Denjin Renki decks get savage.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If Capcom were about to announce Megaman X9, Sigma would be a no brainer, but I don't think that's coming any time soon.

and Ryu Denjin Renki decks get savage.
This is the deck that I currently hate the most. Literally can't do anything about it unless you're green and got lots of self heals I guess. >:(

I doubt that Capcom and Gungho are all that reliant on tie-ins for Teppen Hero suggestions. Jill has her classic RE3 design, months before they announced RE3make, Dante still has his DMC4 look, and X got a brand-new design altogether that doesn't correspond with any of the previous games. Not to mention that if the theory holds and we're due another Darkstalkers character, it's not like we're in any danger of getting a new installment of that series anytime soon!

They're giving away secret cards during the WCF stream. Here's the first one for base X (it's animated!):

9a350ef2d8d15b477f3e00b0ec5e99b1.png

Last edited:
And a free pack of the upcoming selection pack releasing at the end of the year, which will feature new secret cards for legendary cards like Dreadking Rathalos and Ancient Artifact X. Don't dally, since this will expire in a few hours:
E4G2Nee.png

Tons of new competitive stuff is coming to the game in the very near future, like tournaments, a new scoring format for the pro league and more.

He seems geared towards killing a lot of purple strats, too. After the makeup of the tournament results, that may not be such a bad idea!

Also, Evil Ryu is coming as a skin and it's a full-on new one, with brand new animations for Ryu's Hero Arts.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When the opponent thinks you're burning cards for Jill's antibody activation and uses mp alteration when it's really because you have Fate Defying Ryu in your hand

10lkUdy.gif

Shut that V play down immediately

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would hate to live in a world where FDR wasn't a clear and present danger for every color to deal with. His utility in red decks cannot be overstated.
I love it when people don't understand my Jill deck, so they keep sending "explore on activation" cards to my ex and setting my game up for me.

I'm new to Teppen (started like this month) but I had already played magic and hearthstone so the learning curve wasn't too bad. I'm currently floating in A2

Today was the start of the card reveals for the new expansion, which they've partnered with various streamers to show them off. Here's one in detail:

ENS9SPpWoAgq3dO.jpg

And others:
Valstrax:
ENSu0pJWkAIeSpT.jpg

(has Flight, Agility and Rush)

Rainy Turtloid:
ENOX22oUcAEZCWv.jpg

(Ascends to gaining +3 attack and Spillover)

Ascend to Somewhere Higher than Heaven (green legendary action card/soon-to-be staple of mono-green decks)
gkg893xmld841.png

Justin Wong's stream showed off two cards as well, including a legendary Karin card that ascends to give green a new Seal option. The new black action card, Betrayal, is some nightmarish shit for purple decks:

Betrayal

Epic Action

6 MP

Destroys an enemy unit with an MP cost of 6 or less. Send all copies of that unit in your opponent's deck to your opponent's graveyard.