• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Is it very pay to win or can I actually get by by just... playing?
Paying for cards is so expensive it's not worth it right now, especially at the rate you're getting them in the game. The only really expensive cards to craft are legendaries and you're restricted to 1 of each legendary + the game won't give you dublicates of them untill you have them all.

Right now, finishing the single player stuff is enough to afford a competitive set.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well I downloaded it and did the "tutorial" missions with Ryu. Looks fun!

The core tickets I get I can use right away for cards, right? I shouldn't hoard them I guess?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I downloaded it and did the "tutorial" missions with Ryu. Looks fun!

The core tickets I get I can use right away for cards, right? I shouldn't hoard them I guess?
Just make sure to have gotten Legendary Ryu/Rath from the starter stuff before doing so, you do now want to open dupes. Season Pass is dirt cheap because of the starter gem bundle, only thing worth picking up as card packs are way too expensive to pay for. With only the Season Pass and playing the game, I'm at 11/16 Legendaries right now.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Several people on Twitter today have been complaining about the black spike deck archetype and how it nukes your board, and I am bugsbunnyking.jpg with my Wesker revive deck that out-values everything. 😎

It's hard to win consistently as it's a card game, but it seems like being able to throw down a lot of cards quickly is more important than traditional win conditions or waiting to build a combo. It means 5 mana ends up being the top of the curve.

ATM Red feels incredibly poverty, being outclassed by Black hard. Black is exactly the same as MTG Black. Green and Purple both seem alright but they are both vulnerable to having mana-intensive setups cleared out by Black removal.

For example, Green cards can tank through literally all Red removal, and Purple can stall out and set up very strong creatures via resonance that can beat out both Green tanking and Red burst damage, but Black can solve any creature being dropped down on the field with a 1-mana creature and Dark Deal, which leaves you neutral for card advantage and recovery to obtain board control for Black is far easier thanks to their value creatures at low mana.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant seem to make it out of the mid-A ranks. The later PvE challenges are fun, and tough, still cant manage the Survive one.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Several people on Twitter today have been complaining about the black spike deck archetype and how it nukes your board, and I am bugsbunnyking.jpg with my Wesker revive deck that out-values everything. 😎

It's hard to win consistently as it's a card game, but it seems like being able to throw down a lot of cards quickly is more important than traditional win conditions or waiting to build a combo. It means 5 mana ends up being the top of the curve.

ATM Red feels incredibly poverty, being outclassed by Black hard. Black is exactly the same as MTG Black. Green and Purple both seem alright but they are both vulnerable to having mana-intensive setups cleared out by Black removal.

For example, Green cards can tank through literally all Red removal, and Purple can stall out and set up very strong creatures via resonance that can beat out both Green tanking and Red burst damage, but Black can solve any creature being dropped down on the field with a 1-mana creature and Dark Deal, which leaves you neutral for card advantage and recovery to obtain board control for Black is far easier thanks to their value creatures at low mana.
I think Nergigante's dominance stems in part from Spike Launch being essentially a free board clear and in part because it can still benefit from all the things about black that you've just described - better value for units, better removals. No Uroburos shenanigans, but Nerg can still run good cards cheap, especially if it takes up a second color.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you only need 15 MP to destroy a card is horseshit. The fact that there are ability cards that have that ability is horseshit. The fact that shields are unable to guard against such horseshit is.... horseshit!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Made it to C5. Loving my X deck, but the time it takes to set the board for charge shot shenanigans is definitely becoming more of a weakness.

Anyone have any good mixed color X decks to share? Been experimenting with a Red/Green combo to little success

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Does anyone have a decent Resonate deck? If you do, what's your game plan? Currently, out of everything I've tried out, focusing on Resonate seems the least worth it? Like it takes too much MP for what it has to offer.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a decent Resonate deck? If you do, what's your game plan? Currently, out of everything I've tried out, focusing on Resonate seems the least worth it? Like it takes too much MP for what it has to offer.

Stall at the beginning until you can drop a big unit e.g. 7 cost Hien Ko and buff her/defend her straight away. It's fun when it works but I find I regularly get screwed by having a starting hand with 5 spells.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Stall at the beginning until you can drop a big unit e.g. 7 cost Hien Ko and buff her/defend her straight away. It's fun when it works but I find I regularly get screwed by having a starting hand with 5 spells.
Lol yeah, see, I figured that was the idea, but I start to feel like the theme needs a little bit more when considering the alternatives. I struggle to think of a situation where it's the best option. Maybe mixing with green healing cards might work, but then you can't use the more powerful units.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol yeah, see, I figured that was the idea, but I start to feel like the theme needs a little bit more when considering the alternatives. I struggle to think of a situation where it's the best option. Maybe mixing with green healing cards might work, but then you can't use the more powerful units.

I dont think there's any way to run resonate with a 5 MP cap. All the best/backbone units seem to be at least 6. It's sort of a hit and miss style at the moment, assuming you can get a big unit out (and prevent hard removals with counter cards) most decks have a hard time dealing with it.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I dont think there's any way to run resonate with a 5 MP cap. All the best/backbone units seem to be at least 6. It's sort of a hit and miss style at the moment, assuming you can get a big unit out (and prevent hard removals with counter cards) most decks have a hard time dealing with it.
Hmm. Maybe I have to think of a different way to use Dante then. I don't think I can be a fan of that kind of game plan, unfortunately...

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Where can I find decent starter decklist with upgrade guides?
I'm really having a rough time in ranked and even on some solo games.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I figured it out. If you get 5th Hell : Greed out as fast as possible, you can swarm the opponent and keep countering their action cards. Huge snowball effect. I dig it.

Denzos

Jun 27, 2018
Where can I find decent starter decklist with upgrade guides?
I'm really having a rough time in ranked and even on some solo games.

There isn't much resources online atm. I found that the official reddit discord has nice discussion and people share their decks for opinions and what not.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Playing in B and A rank be like

D_T3LiUXkAQzScw.png

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just got up to C rank, kinda hoping I can just chill here so I don't have to deal with Nerg shenanigans.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you only need 15 MP to destroy a card is horseshit. The fact that there are ability cards that have that ability is horseshit. The fact that shields are unable to guard against such horseshit is.... horseshit!
Wait. Shielding doesn't guard against nerg bullshit? OOOH SHIT!!!! Now I get why people hate nergie. Glad I'm not at a high rank yet. Bueno. Bueno.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

Have a few high MP cards that get buffed well with resonate. Like the MP 7 Hsien-Ko, and the MP 6 Dante and Ibuki.

Load your decks with low cost action cards. You don't really care what debuff those action cards are doing, but rather you're more interested in the quick, low MP cost buffs they give to your heavy hitter cards.

Don't be afraid to let your MP build up in the beginning, it's okay to take hits at the start because if things work out well, your Hsien-Ko card will be at like, 14 attack and 15 defense. Buff that with the Ada's Flight card (which adds flight not to mention yet another resonate buff).

And tailor your deck from there as you gain match experience.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Shielding doesn't guard against nerg bullshit? OOOH SHIT!!!! Now I get why people hate nergie. Glad I'm not at a high rank yet. Bueno. Bueno.

Correct! It seriously frustrates me that with every potentially good gacha game, there's always that one element/hero/deck that prevents it from being great. Not sure who had the bright idea to put destroy cards with the hero who also has the same ability (a full clear at that) but that shit needs to be fixed asap. The fact that people are already seeing nothing but Nerg in top ranks is proof enough that the deck is busted. If shield could protect against destroy we'd probably see some diversity at the top.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Have a few high MP cards that get buffed well with resonate. Like the MP 7 Hsien-Ko, and the MP 6 Dante and Ibuki.

Load your decks with low cost action cards. You don't really care what debuff those action cards are doing, but rather you're more interested in the quick, low MP cost buffs they give to your heavy hitter cards.

Don't be afraid to let your MP build up in the beginning, it's okay to take hits at the start because if things work out well, your Hsien-Ko card will be at like, 14 attack and 15 defense. Buff that with the Ada's Flight card (which adds flight not to mention yet another resonate buff).

And tailor your deck from there as you gain match experience.
Yeah, these are all good points. I started to get the hang of it, but this strategy only worked, in my experience, about 50% of the time

So I've kinda given up on it and gone back to steamrolling through battles with Ryu haha

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah, these are all good points. I started to get the hang of it, but this strategy only worked, in my experience, about 50% of the time

So I've kinda given up on it and gone back to steamrolling through battles with Ryu haha

Hey whatever works and whatever is fun for you.

I just picked Dante and Morrigan because out of what's offered, those are the coolest characters.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
It does guard against Nergi art, but not against black's "destroy" cards. To protect from destroy cards you need "negate" action cards.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
For those using purple decks, I saw somebody on twitch who's ranked in the top 100 using a lot of those Trish 'negate action card' card. I think its 2 MP cost, and it unfortunately halves your hero's health.

But it can stop any and all action cards. Which is good against teams you're playing against which are good at damaging or negatively affecting one card. Which is typically how purple decks are played.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It does guard against Nergi art, but not against black's "destroy" cards. To protect from destroy cards you need "negate" action cards.

Pretty sure last time I used Kikosho my board got cleared when they were shielded. Not sure why an art that has 'destroy' properties would be weak against shields while the cards that share the same trait would not.
The jankest stream on twitch

Yooo you weren't kidding. Mad respect to Maximilian for going the distance to stream tonight.

Last edited:

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was a decent player, but finding myself against all of these high rank players in Free Match has me feeling like complete trash. lol

Now I can't test out decks and heroes right now without getting smashed in a minute. It feels like I'm playing in slow motion compared to some of these guys.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Interview with the Capcom/GungHo leads- https://gamepress.gg/anime-expo-2019-gungho-capcom-interview-debut-teppen

The project is about two years old, and originated from GungHo wanting to make a card game. The leads knew each other, which led to GungHo approaching for licensing the Capcom characters to use in the game.

From the interview I could this was quite a passion project.

So it started long, long ago, I actually loved playing Puzzle & Dragons. I started playing it and was starting Monster Hunter myself. I thought it was a great game, so I want to get in touch with someone from GungHo. He's like he does a great game. I asked around and eventually, I got in touch with Morishita-san and met. We started hanging out privately and had a lot of conversations, but we didn't really talk about let's make a game at that time.

We're more talking about like, what they think about making games, logic about games, and got along really well.

After sometimes and we start talking let's try to make a game, and Morishita-san talked about how he would like to have all these Capcom IPs. They're very popular and he wants to include those so he was thinking how about like "an All-Star Capcom game".

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
What's Dante and Nergigante's game plan?

With Nerg you just wanna buff your units and destroy their units with the life sacrificing Action cards. The sacrificed life the damage of your Spike Launch (SA2) .Once you got your Spike Launch ready just wipe their board and let your units kill their hero. Key part is trying to play around their Supers and balancing out which units you buff.

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
What's Dante and Nergigante's game plan?

I don't ever see any other Dante's. My plan is typically to get out one good unit with resonate then spend the rest of my points to back them up. Other characters to block and lots of action points to boost with or block incoming actions. Flight cards are a must as it mess with most decks as flight characters aren't typically bulky so blocking a Hsein ko or an Ibuki will get rid of them quick and the bulky monsters they will just bypass. I use Dante for the double resonance art, but I would say he probably has the worst arts overall. You could do a similar strategy with Morrigan and have it work just as well if not better. Then its more like all your action cards would center around halt then use Morrigan's defeat all halted enemies skill.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nerg is ruining this game. Played a guy who had like 8 destroy cards in his deck. Shit needs to get fixed asap.