• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some Black creatures are a bit too good for their cost and obviously Spike is under-costed/overpowered. But "hard" removal like Destroy is fine and is a staple in a lot of TCG's/LCG's. It's no different than running a Black deck in Magic.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some Black creatures are a bit too good for their cost and obviously Spike is under-costed/overpowered. But "hard" removal like Destroy is fine and is a staple in a lot of TCG's/LCG's. It's no different than running a Black deck in Magic.

If that's the case they need to make the destroy cards more costly. It's insane that we have to work to get our units up and with a simple card they can stop it before we even start. A destroy card only costing 2MP is laughable.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, giving black a heal as good as Selfish Predation is more of an issue. 1 MP for 7 Life is really good, especially in comparison to 2 MP for 6 Life on green, a deck type focused on defense and healing, particularly when black's additional cost - trashing your own unit - can be worked around by getting rid of a unit that's already about to die (either targeted by enemy removal, or just 1 HP left).

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, giving black a heal as good as Selfish Predation is more of an issue. 1 MP for 7 Life is really good, especially in comparison to 2 MP for 6 Life on green, a deck type focused on defense and healing, particularly when black's additional cost - trashing your own unit - can be worked around by getting rid of a unit that's already about to die (either targeted by enemy removal, or just 1 HP left).

And when you have so many types of destroy cards at your disposal, that drawback of losing health is moot because the opponent won't have any units on their side in play. Using a 3MP unit? Gone. Unit has only 1 ATK? Gone. Oh, so you actually have 2 ATK? That's cool, here another card that'll get rid of you. My unit is about to die? Well I'll use this card and take you with me.

The fact that all but one of these cards only cost 2MP is insane. Not to mention all this bullshitery builds up Nerg's art which has the potential of dealing wicked damage in itself... it's no surprise that high rank is a sea of Nergs.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case they need to make the destroy cards more costly. It's insane that we have to work to get our units up and with a simple card they can stop it before we even start. A destroy card only costing 2MP is laughable.
And when you have so many types of destroy cards at your disposal, that drawback of losing health is moot because the opponent won't have any units on their side in play. Using a 3MP unit? Gone. Unit has only 1 ATK? Gone. Oh, so you actually have 2 ATK? That's cool, here another card that'll get rid of you. My unit is about to die? Well I'll use this card and take you with me.

The fact that all but one of these cards only cost 2MP is insane. Not to mention all this bullshitery builds up Nerg's art which has the potential of dealing wicked damage in itself... it's no surprise that high rank is a sea of Nergs.
The cheap removals for black are honestly not that bad. 3MP units and units with only 1 Atk usually aren't worth packing a removal, outside of maybe a Makoto with too many Victories under her belt or a powered-up Revenge unit or something else along those lines. The costlier removals - Just Deserts, Sample Collection, Obliteration - are generally more useful, since they can destroy the cards you usually want removed, but most of them have the drawback of destroying your own unit as well in addition to their MP cost (Obliteration doesn't, but it's 6MP and can't be run in mixed color decks).

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
I might be an idiot, but I don't really get what Rathlos 2nd ability does.

"Where X is the number of times Attack was boosted with an action card in battle."

I feel like my units never get the Attack Buff fro the ability, just the flying perk. What am I missing?

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The cheap removals for black are honestly not that bad. 3MP units and units with only 1 Atk usually aren't worth packing a removal, outside of maybe a Makoto with too many Victories under her belt or a powered-up Revenge unit or something else along those lines. The costlier removals - Just Deserts, Sample Collection, Obliteration - are generally more useful, since they can destroy the cards you usually want removed, but most of them have the drawback of destroying your own unit as well in addition to their MP cost (Obliteration doesn't, but it's 6MP and can't be run in mixed color decks).

What about Murderous Spikes? That can take out units with 2 ATK or less, same thing with Cruel Game if the user's life is 15 or lower. Not sure for other decks but for green our lower end cards are useful for MP generation and a lot of our cards are 2ATK or below so we're double fucked in getting destroyed by either having low ATK or low MP cards. I'm all about counters don't get me wrong, but when it's this one sided and to the point that everyone is jumping ship to Nerg... that's a problem that needs addressing.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What about Murderous Spikes? That can take out units with 2 ATK or less, same thing with Cruel Game if the user's life is 15 or lower. Not sure for other decks but for green our lower end cards are useful for MP generation and a lot of our cards are 2ATK or below so we're double fucked in getting destroyed by either having low ATK or low MP cards.
Eh, 2 Atk cards still aren't really that much of a threat. If it needs to, Nerg can throw cheap stuff at them to trade or hold them off until Spike Launch is ready. I personally consider Felynes and Irises to be fodder for Flight units anyway.

What Nergigante needs to run removals for is "snowball" units that can wipe it out in a few hits, which pack too much attack power to ignore and too much health to trade with. Those are where the higher-cost destroy cards come into play.
I might be an idiot, but I don't really get what Rathlos 2nd ability does.

"Where X is the number of times Attack was boosted with an action card in battle."

I feel like my units never get the Attack Buff fro the ability, just the flying perk. What am I missing?
Action cards where the effect is "Gives +X ATK to a friendly unit" or something similar will add to the counter for Wrath Awoken. Examples from the Rathalos starter deck would be Piercing Sword, Supercharge, and Freezing Fangs.

Last edited:

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just clutched out a game that was suuuuuuper close. Does anyone know if we can save replays?

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Eh, 2 Atk cards still aren't really that much of a threat. If it needs to, Nerg can throw cheap stuff at them to trade or hold them off until Spike Launch is ready. I personally consider Felynes and Irises to be fodder for Flight units anyway.

What Nergigante needs to run removals for is "snowball" units that can wipe it out in a few hits, which pack too much attack power to ignore and too much health to trade with. Those are where the higher-cost destroy cards come into play.
Action cards where the effect is "Gives +X ATK to a friendly unit" or something similar will add to the counter for Wrath Awoken. Examples from the Rathalos starter deck would be Piercing Sword, Supercharge, and Freezing Fangs.

For the whole battle/match or does this mean, for the whole battle/match on that one unit?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So I've had a chance to actually sit down and play ranked. Made it up to C rank .... Not expecting much... I ran into my first "true Nerg player".

All I will say is that I now understand what everyone was saying about him. I am actually laughing pretty hard at how bullshit he is. Incredible.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to dip my toes into playing a bit. Was eyeing Wesker and Morrigan, but I think I'll just start with a basic Ryu deck as I get my bearings.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is free play broken or something? Why in the fuck am I, a level C3 player constantly getting paired against people in the top 100? -_-

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Is free play broken or something? Why in the fuck am I, a level C3 player constantly getting paired against people in the top 100? -_-

Same thing been happening to me. It started occurring when I went on a little bit of a winning streak testing out decks and hero combinations in Free match. Despite losing a bunch of times now, it's still pairing me up with ranked players who outclass me in every way. I've been forced to go into rank to get people similar to my level to test things on again.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so now when I'm about to win, the game mysteriously starts to lag. Then it mysteriously disconnects. Then I get a loss due to a disconnect? Interesting as this always happens as I'm about to land the finishing blow and win? Wow. It never happens as I'm about to lose though. Hmmmm I wonder why?

Apparently there is a way to make your opponent lose by crashing the application instead of just disconnecting? Wow. Fucking scummy.

This has happened 3 times now as I was about to rank up on a dude.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Final review for this game:

Nerg BG beats Control Mono Ryu
Control Mono Ryu beats Mono Morrigan
Mono Morrigan beats Nerg BG

Use your hero power just before an attack connects to lock your opponent out from a last-minute save because exploiting UI lag is fun.

The meta at the top is already really stale. Spike Launch is so good that the entire meta is now built around it.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so now when I'm about to win, the game mysteriously starts to lag. Then it mysteriously disconnects. Then I get a loss due to a disconnect? Interesting as this always happens as I'm about to land the finishing blow and win? Wow. It never happens as I'm about to lose though. Hmmmm I wonder why?

Apparently there is a way to make your opponent lose by crashing the application instead of just disconnecting? Wow. Fucking scummy.

This has happened 3 times now as I was about to rank up on a dude.

Yeah, this has happen to me a couple times too.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Destroy cards in all card games are annoying. In this game where all units cost resources to summon makes it more annoying. Being able to sacrifice life (seemingly the least important resource) to destroy cards is even more annoying. Shame shield doesn't block it, but that'd be busted (1 MP card to block 2+ MP card lol). If there was a more expensive super shield that'd be nice.

Quick question. In general, are the 7+ MP units worth the cost?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea. There's a lot of nerfing that is going to happen if they want this game to remain competitive. Nerg players better WATCH OUT NOW.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the worst character/art? Gotta start playing that in anticipation of the buffs.

Rathalos and Dante. I can count on one hand the number of times I lost to (and won with) a Rathalos, all his arts are bad. Dante's resonate cards at least play to Ebony & Ivory and ensure quick wins if you can get Ibuki/Hsien-Ko rolling.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Destroy cards in all card games are annoying. In this game where all units cost resources to summon makes it more annoying. Being able to sacrifice life (seemingly the least important resource) to destroy cards is even more annoying. Shame shield doesn't block it, but that'd be busted (1 MP card to block 2+ MP card lol). If there was a more expensive super shield that'd be nice.

Quick question. In general, are the 7+ MP units worth the cost?

I'd be more than willing to sacrifice a few cards in my deck to get some MP3 super shields that protect against destroy.

To answer your second question, yeah some 7+ units are definitely worth it. I can't imagine running my deck without 8MP Chun-li.

Yea. There's a lot of nerfing that is going to happen if they want this game to remain competitive. Nerg players better WATCH OUT NOW.

Agreed. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Rathalos and Dante. I can count on one hand the number of times I lost to (and won with) a Rathalos, all his arts are bad. Dante's resonate cards at least play to Ebony & Ivory and ensure quick wins if you can get Ibuki/Hsien-Ko rolling.

Just experienced a Dante last night who knew how to use Ibuki. She's scary af.

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
This game is incredibly F2P friendly. My friend hit top 7 with a mono ryu deck and I hit top 50 with a green/black nerg deck.

No money spent on packs at all.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Glad to see a community on Resetera for my new game I am working on! I'll continue to lurk, but feel free to tag me or DM me if you ever have questions!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Glad to see a community on Resetera for my new game I am working on! I'll continue to lurk, but feel free to tag me or DM me if you ever have questions!

401157995062493196.png

You already know what i'm gonna ask.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
401157995062493196.png

You already know what i'm gonna ask.

Give this person a bone already!
Might as well keep it real with you and just say it straight:

Is he getting nerfed?
Yes please. I want my Morrigan Flight Deck to prosper!

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
This game really needs some kind of side deck system

Like let us make 25 card decks, with a 10 card side deck we can choose 5 cards from before match. It doesn't seem like much, but the hard counter nature of the game would be slightly offset if we could make slight adjustments before a match knowing who we're about to fight (ex: if I see a red deck, I'm bringing some kind of anti air/seal cards because flight wrecks Chun)

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that Nergigante is apparently broken makes me want to play this more.

He deserves it after being such a pushover in World.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this is already in the works, but the game really need to get someone who's more familiar with english card game text formatting to assist with the card text translations as every minus attack card reads as though it's setting a minion's attack temporarily instead of giving a minion a reduced attack value temporarily. Which is weird, because the formatting for the +attack cards is just fine and could have been transposed.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
HAH! I had to switch from her to Ryu once I got to B Rank and onto A Rank. I never see Morrigans anymore. A Dante once in awhile, but rarely ever see Morrigan played anymore.

Interesting! If I may ask who are the usual suspects you run into in B rank and up aside from Nerg? Currently C3 and I feel with each passing day it becomes more crowded with Nerg players. lol

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Interesting! If I may ask who are the usual suspects you run into in B rank and up aside from Nerg? Currently C3 and I feel with each passing day it becomes more crowded with Nerg players. lol

Ryu, Rathalos, Chun Li, and Nergs. Rathalos is becoming more common in the A rank as players try to fly over with green cards with shields.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran into a bug where my opponent's card couldn't attack for the remainder of the game. His attack prep stopped just short of my minions. He was gonna lose anyway but I know that sucked. His other lanes were working just fine tho.

Then I ran into another bug where we both didn't have any cards, no timer, and no HP. My opponent just left and it gave me the win. I don't like that very much...

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Any news on nerfing Nerg? Can we just delete him from the game?

Please? lol

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here wondering when can we expect an event or a new pack of cards.

I'm running a Ryu deck so far, haven't really tried to make another one for the other characters.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Any news on nerfing Nerg? Can we just delete him from the game?

Please? lol

I was actually watching a bit of meta Nerg off Max's stream and the issue to me seems to be the game stupidly trying to calculate how to partition the damage instead of just, y'know, cutting it in third and allowing attacks to be wasted. Which means if you only have one card up it takes the full brunt of the damage, which wipes out basically everything at low health.

My suggestion is the following:

Spike Launch: Deal x damage to all enemy lanes, where "x" is equal to 1/3 (floored) of your missing health

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just disconnect whenever I see a nerg now. Sometimes I even disconnect if I even see the nerg player icon even if he doesn't have the character.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got up to C1, I'm getting there!

Edit: Action cards that have the ability to take health should at least leave the opponent with 1hp if it's strong enough to kill. People getting away with murder in these super close matches.

Last edited: