• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I like the new mechanic she brings, but the basic deck is notably weak. Gotta start trying to figure out what kind of combos might work with her. MP Boost seems like a decent combo.

Edit: "She" being Jill.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised that they add her into the game automatically since everyone else aside from Ryu has to be unlocked throughstory mode, which Jill also has.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Yeah, MP Boost, Combo, Shield and Rocket Launcher feel good together. Not sure how strong it is, but I seem to be doing fairly well.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So I've just started the game and they gave me a whole bunch of Core Pack Tickets.

Is there any reason not to spend them all in one go to get more cards? I assume these are your main method of getting new cards?

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So I've just started the game and they gave me a whole bunch of Core Pack Tickets.

Is there any reason not to spend them all in one go to get more cards? I assume these are your main method of getting new cards?
You can use them all, but it would be optimal to wait until you obtain the free Legendary cards from the ranked mode rewards. That will lower the chances of you pulling those cards as duplicates.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Back when I was playing Yugioh in my youth there were two types of deck that I like to play.

Firstly, I like to lock out my opponent's options. Can't use their trap cards, can't use their magic cards, can't use their monsters and effects.

Secondly, I like to work towards a single powerful monster that could crush through everything.... Or an army of them.

Which deck build in Teppen allows me to do either?

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Back when I was playing Yugioh in my youth there were two types of deck that I like to play.

Firstly, I like to lock out my opponent's options. Can't use their trap cards, can't use their magic cards, can't use their monsters and effects.

Secondly, I like to work towards a single powerful monster that could crush through everything.... Or an army of them.

Teppen has no floodgates, but the color which is closest to both would be (Purple) Dante/Morrigan with their Resonance deck. It focuses on boosting a single monster to run through the opponent's field while protecting it using stun/negation Action cards.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019

Both of those sound like purple, though you could pull off the first one with black as well.

Purple can use Resonate to make one extremely powerful unit that's hard to stop. It's also the color of cards that negate effects and stop monsters from doing anything with Halt.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Teppen has no floodgates, but the color which is closest to both would be (Purple) Dante/Morrigan with their Resonance deck. It focuses on boosting a single monster to run through the opponent's field while protecting it using stun/negation Action cards.
Both of those sound like purple, though you could pull off the first one with black as well.

Purple can use Resonate to make one extremely powerful unit that's hard to stop. It's also the color of cards that negate effects and stop monsters from doing anything with Halt.

Thanks, I was trying out a Rathalos deck as a starter and I kept losing to the damn Hadouken Ryu in practice mode.

Hmmm, if it's a choice between Dante and Morrigan ideally I would want to use Dante if I could. I heard he's technically the weaker of the two but I'm a big fan of DMC.

EDIT: damn, I have way too many cards missing :(

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Thanks, I was trying out a Rathalos deck as a starter and I kept losing to the damn Hadouken Ryu in practice mode.

Hmmm, if it's a choice between Dante and Morrigan ideally I would want to use Dante if I could. I heard he's technically the weaker of the two but I'm a big fan of DMC.

EDIT: damn, I have way too many cards missing :(
Resonate is one of the harder decks to make when you have missing cards. Starting off with Ryu is much easier, in my opinion. Constantly dealing damage to your opponents cards can make it hard for them to get the ball rolling.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Resonate is one of the harder decks to make when you have missing cards. Starting off with Ryu is much easier, in my opinion. Constantly dealing damage to your opponents cards can make it hard for them to get the ball rolling.

Yeah I've been getting much success with the starter Ryu hadoken deck.

At least for now while I get myself used to the game.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Day 1 of Jill, I was burning through other players. Now, I activate Rocket Launcher, and they're always ready... Guess that was fun while it lasted lol

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Man this "Direct Damage On Play" Ryu deck seems really powerful at early game, I'm undefeated during my climb from F to D.

It's not even really the destroy cards, just the instant damage of summoning those monster cards easily overwhelms the opponent.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever changes they made seriously feels like they fucked over mono deck users, Chun-li in particular. It's either become a black main/green sub user (which is super scummy), or be the Hsien-Ko / Ibuki gimmick in purple. There's no incentive for staying with one color when the better cards are 5MP and below.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Whatever changes they made seriously feels like they fucked over mono deck users, Chun-li in particular. It's either become a black main/green sub user (which is super scummy), or be the Hsien-Ko / Ibuki gimmick in purple. There's no incentive for staying with one color when the better cards are 5MP and below.

I've seen a lot of Weskers running two Deviljhos, which is an 8 card, and dominating in the top 100. They are a great hard counter to Red and Purple given the deck also can have access to Obliteration and many removals.

I feel that solo green has a really tough time with having so few options for flying, be it in terms of flying cards itself or properly defending against it. There's only Yian-Kut-Ku for a unit and Tzitzi-Ya-Ku is the best it gets in terms of a hard counter that can get out fast enough. Roaring Typhoon is a great concept in theory, but with it being a legendary card, you had better make damn sure it will kill whatever is on the board, because all it takes is one Hookshot or a Wrath Awoken to ruin your plans.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this game. Mono green Chun is trash now. Morrigan is stupid good, constant resonance buffs and darkness illusion to remove any unit you were trying to build. And now they have a card to steal units to their side? Fuuuuuck that. Happy I was able to play the game when it was enjoyable, even with Nerg being stupid op (I'd actually rather be dealing with that instead of what we have now). I'm out.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I've finally gotten enough cards to put together a pretty fun Devil Trigger Dante deck.

Buff up [Hsien-ko], [Ibuki] or [Dante] with [hookshot] or [Devil Trigger] and just pile on the resonates. And because Dante's Devil Trigger hero art charges fast I can pull it up often absorbs of hits to buy time.

I don't have [Devil Hunter Dante] yet, but honestly finding out his DT form doesn't have any attack/health boost from resonate doesn't make him much of a priority now.

Could use one more [Hidden Intent] card for insurance though...

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm done with this game. Mono green Chun is trash now. Morrigan is stupid good, constant resonance buffs and darkness illusion to remove any unit you were trying to build. And now they have a card to steal units to their side? Fuuuuuck that. Happy I was able to play the game when it was enjoyable, even with Nerg being stupid op (I'd actually rather be dealing with that instead of what we have now). I'm out.
Green prob gonna get worse too because there's mad non-green hero hybrid decks using green lol

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt. Are you still using Chun? If so I'll live vicariously through you as I can't be bothered to deal with the game as it is right now. XD
It's how I'm feeling right now as a single color X main. Ryu/rathalos all of a sudden busting out an Iris just feels like a smack in the face.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's how I'm feeling right now as a single color X main. Ryu/rathalos all of a sudden busting out an Iris just feels like a smack in the face.

For real though! What benefits do we get being solo greens when everyone else can whoop our ass with our own cards supporting them?! They need to implement a bonus/perk system where mono users have a faster MP regen rate or something because this is nutty.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Iris definitely needs to be 6 MP so that hybrid decks can't use it. It's also a really good card in general so a nerf from 5 to 6 MP would be okay.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I think Iris definitely needs to be 6 MP so that hybrid decks can't use it. It's also a really good card in general so a nerf from 5 to 6 MP would be okay.
Multi color decks would just use felyne then (3). Felyne is a 1/7 also which brings incredible value for rathalos as he can make it a flyer+hard hitting unit as well.

The only thing this would do is hurt mono green players -- who absolutely require that MP speed early game.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Only a few weeks out until Season 1 is done, so I need to craft my 50%-off Legendary before then.

Any advice on which one to get -- Chun-Li or Spreading Infection? I'm personally leaning more towards Spreading Infection due to it increasing the overall value of a revenge deck.

Only a few weeks out until Season 1 is done, so I need to craft my 50%-off Legendary before then.

Any advice on which one to get -- Chun-Li or Spreading Infection? I'm personally leaning more towards Spreading Infection due to it increasing the overall value of a revenge deck.
Spreading Infection is a very versatile card for any dual color deck with black and getting it early on in a match can give you a massive card advantage later on.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for them to add more Explore cards - partly because Jill doesn't really seem that great as is, partly because they seem like they'd be a fun component for Resonate decks.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna bump this to mention that the official Twitters have been posting some of the new card art from Day of Nightmares. Here's the hashtags with it.
Ada Wong (RE, secret card)
Albert Wesker (RE, secret card)
Kirin (MH)
Teostra, Infernal King (MH)
Lupo (RE)
High Max (MMX)
Dee-Ay (RE)
Abigail (SF, apparently)
Kushala Daora (MH)
Zeku (SF)
Juri, Purple Spider (SF)
Burn Rooster (MMX)
Bazelgeuse (MH)
Angelo Credo (DMC, green element)
Mei-Ling (DS, purple element)

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
The game was fun until I got to like B2, now everyone uses the exact same 3 decks that are always half green.(Idk if it's because I'm only running into Japanese ppl for some reason )But it seems like whoever can get their powerups faster within the first 30 seconds is the winner

edit: i see why it's like that, someone posted the meta decks on reddit

Last edited:
Gonna bump this to mention that the official Twitters have been posting some of the new card art from Day of Nightmares. Here's the hashtags with it.
Kirin (MH)
Lupo (RE)
High Max (MMX)
Dee-Ay (RE)
Abigail (SF, apparently)
Kushala Daora (MH)
Zeku (SF)
Juri, Purple Spider (SF)
Burn Rooster (MMX)
Bazelgeuse (MH)
I guess we have a theme going for this expansion with the secret rare art thus far being people that have been seriously injured. Wesker is pretty interesting, though, since it implies that we're getting a new standard card for him, based on his STARS look, as they don't make secret rare cards for base cards. Was hoping we'd be seeing more franchises added into the game sooner rather than later, but that may not happen until we get a hero representing them.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Kirin (MH)
Lupo (RE)
High Max (MMX)
Dee-Ay (RE)
Abigail (SF, apparently)
Kushala Daora (MH)
Zeku (SF)
Juri, Purple Spider (SF)
Burn Rooster (MMX)
Bazelgeuse (MH)

Does Nero not fucking exist?

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Kirin (MH)
Lupo (RE)
High Max (MMX)
Dee-Ay (RE)
Abigail (SF, apparently)
Kushala Daora (MH)
Zeku (SF)
Juri, Purple Spider (SF)
Burn Rooster (MMX)
Bazelgeuse (MH)
I hope they add more franchises in the future. I'd love to see Okami get some cards and Amaterasu be a Hero.