• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Amaterasu, Mega Man, Strider Hiryu and Phoenix Wright seem like hard locks for future heroes that currently have no representation otherwise. We do have some noticeable holes with the existing franchises (Demitri and Nero stick out like sore thumbs), but Capcom knows they can't just stick to the core offerings for very long and certainly not forever.

Would you expect Vergil or Nero to be more likely as a "Hero" card.
I think Nero is more likely, only because there's zero representation for him and Vergil already has a card in the game, albeit as a basic card. Nothing is stopping Vergil from getting another card, at least, seeing as we have a fair few basic cards already that have core set versions.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think I'm ever getting to C rank at Teppen

My game keeps crashing at ranked matches.

Would you expect Vergil or Nero to be more likely as a "Hero" card.

I'm going to say Vergil, Black deck.

I originally pegged Nero as the new Red hero but since Jill got that spot I think Vergil would take the Black spot.

Red - Jill
Green - Phoenix Wright
Purple - Strider
Black - Vergil

EDIT: Hang on, on second thought, has there been any character that appears in more than one colour deck?

I don't think I'm ever getting to C rank at Teppen

My game keeps crashing at ranked matches.

I'm going to say Vergil, Black deck.

I originally pegged Nero as the new Red hero but since Jill got that spot I think Vergil would take the Black spot.

Red - Jill
Green - Phoenix Wright
Purple - Strider
Black - Vergil

EDIT: Hang on, on second thought, has there been any character that appears in more than one colour deck?
None thus far.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Demitri got a card in the Jill starter deck, but I'd like to point out that Sigma is also notably absent.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Sigma, hero or not, would revolve around getting enemy cards on your side. It'd be like him infecting them with the Sigma virus as the reason.

I bet Sigma, hero or not, would revolve around getting enemy cards on your side. It'd be like him infecting them with the Sigma virus as the reason.
That's a good guess, and is certainly supported already with Brainwashed. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why we don't have Doppler yet, either, since he seems like the kind of character to help lead that charge from a unit standpoint.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought GP was going to be a draft mode, not just let you copy your existing decks into it

Edit: Not that it matters as apparently no one is playing it as I cant get matched

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the "golden card pack from Gran Prix" packs are in the store?

edit: nvm, i assume you get tickets for these packs by playing GP mode.

edit 2: just got Devil Hunter Dante legendary in a pack ;D

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So after getting Dreadking Rathalos from reaching C rank, I can open all my card packs and spend all my zennies without worry right?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You may have not noticed this, but Core tickets are just that: tickets for the Core set. Zenny can be used on everything, so with the expansion looming, it's a good idea to hoard it until then while using the tickets for the currently available cards, along with crafting.

But what else can you use Zenny for? As far as I know it's only for buying cards, unless I've missed out something??

I don't think so, only because they've already shown that artwork off as one of the secret rare cards.

Definitely interested to see what kind of units Birkin, Mr. X and Nemesis are, particularly since they are so closely associated with crazy mutations. Birkin especially, since he has a total of five transformations that they can implement.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
How do card games do "campaigns" anyway? I remember Hearthstone had the same thing with new expansion packs being touted as "campaigns"

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Trailer for Day of Nightmares

Is Ada gonna be the next hero?

Excited!

Here's the website with new cards with actual stats and text. https://teppenthegame.com/en/update/2019/v110/

There are two new abilities:
Explore: The specified card not in your deck is newly found and added to your EX Pocket.
Spillover: Deals half of damage dealt to a unit to the adjacent units as well.
* Cards with Spillover effects will be added on top of the Explore mechanic triggered by Jill Valentine's Hero Art and basic cards.

I wonder how many cards will be in this set.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Holy cow, Kushala Daora has a lot of lockdown potential with his abilities. The new Wesker card also has a ton of potential to be an especially disruptive in revenge decks with its ability, too.

Agreed -- makes my decision to craft Spreading Infection with my 50% Season 1 Pass Legendary Discount even more sensible.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
IT'S HAPPENING

Spendor.png

First card with Nero in it lol. Come to think of it, is it the first card with characters crossing over??

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure the art is base off on this

49205-devil-may-cry-4.jpg

Also Nero is clearly trying to hide his boner there

EDIT:

Clearer image

ECnprp4VUAIu7Nj.jpg:large

Last edited:

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
I'm constantly running into the exploit where the opponent plays an action card at the last second to freeze up the game. Does anyone know if it's a matter of waiting to see who quits first?

I'm currently froze against the ranked 17 player and I don't really care about losing ranked points I just want this guy to lose out of spite.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm constantly running into the exploit where the opponent plays an action card at the last second to freeze up the game. Does anyone know if it's a matter of waiting to see who quits first?

I'm currently froze against the ranked 17 player and I don't really care about losing ranked points I just want this guy to lose out of spite.

I've been waiting out some dick using that exploit for the last hour it feels

So this is a thing, then. Ran through GP the other day and this happened on my second match. I let it sit for like 20 minutes before leaving, really scummy.

Yeah, it seems like Grand Prix is a might touchy with connectivity compared to the other modes, as I've had players about to take the win suddenly seize on their last action before they get kicked and I take what I feel is an undeserved win. The mode needs some work, to say the least.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Right now the only deck I really have a problem with is rathalos red/green.

They can literally kill you in 30 seconds if they get the right cards because the can fly+ complete attack prep instantly. If you don't have access to negates (I'm a green player) that's GG. They are hitting for 12+ damage (with a combo unit which hits for 6 twice) and using Reckless charge.

I carry a ton of seals for this very reason to at least drop them to the ground, but if I don't have the right card draw at the right time that's still GG. I imagine people who can carry negates would still get stomped for this very reason: you've got to already be sitting on negates or that's game.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
New hero crazy prediction

Green - Nero (DMC4), a lot of the Order of the Sword characters are Green cards so he is a good fit. I was going peg him as a red hero but Jill took that spot.

Purple - Strider Hiryu (Strider), I had picked Zero for that role initially, but I suspect the new hero characters would not have existing cards. Plus he's a ninja so that fits the purple deck archetypes.

Black - Grigori (Dragons Dogma), this is the biggest longshot bet. Dragon's Dogma has enjoyed decent treatment from Capcom by being ported to several next gen consoles. It has gotten good reputation among fans and I'm pretty sure Grigori was cited as a fan favorite boss fight. At the very least he's the face of the series for now...Probably. Unlike a fighting game, you can definitely include a 50m Dragon as a card game hero

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Uh... How common are legendaries?

I got both Wesker and Nergigante in my first 10 free packs. Which works for me since I wanted to play as Nerg anyway.

I got both Wesker and Nergigante in my first 10 free packs. Which works for me since I wanted to play as Nerg anyway.
Legendaries are at a 1% rate, but if you manage to max out your gauge, you're guaranteed to get one. What's nice is that the game checks off the legendary cards you get along the way so you won't run into dupes until you get all of them.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Very rare, but not absurdly so.

There's a meter that increases your chance of drawing a Legendary the more packs you unlock. The meter would reset once you draw a Legendary.

From what I've heard, Legendaries don't give you copies either.

EDIT:

Speaking of Legendaries, Day of Nightmares Vol 3 preview is out

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Legendaries are at a 1% rate, but if you manage to max out your gauge, you're guaranteed to get one. What's nice is that the game checks off the legendary cards you get along the way so you won't run into dupes until you get all of them.

There's a meter that increases your chance of drawing a Legendary the more packs you unlock. The meter would reset once you draw a Legendary.

Sweet, really glad I got lucky then. It looks like there's a good deal more complexity to this game beyond the tutorial/story modes reading the cards I opened, which is nice.

EDIT: Hot damn, Igor Kieryluk did the art for Xeno'jiva. Absolutely love his work in Magic the Gathering.

Last edited:

EDIT:

Speaking of Legendaries, Day of Nightmares Vol 3 preview is out

This expansion is definitely going all in on explore as a mechanic, since every color is getting something to support it. That said, the last thing solo red decks needed was another way to kill units, so the Teostra legendary looks to be a nasty dagger to pull out, especially if you pair him with Jill's Genesis ability.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
This expansion is definitely going all in on explore as a mechanic, since every color is getting something to support it. That said, the last thing solo red decks needed was another way to kill units, so the Teostra legendary looks to be a nasty dagger to pull out, especially if you pair him with Jill's Genesis ability.

I'm most curious to see how explore can fit into Purple decks, because atm all Purple decks have the same playstyle and win conditions using Resonate and Halt.