• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Linda Hamilton sounds drunk in every scene they show her in.

I'm not saying that to be a dick to her or people with drinking problems (or god forbid, make light of a serious issue she may have if she actually maybe has a drinking problem). It's just something my ears kept picking up whenever she spoke.

It was jarring.

I think she was just trying (and failing) to sound badass.

Or maybe she was drunk, who knows?

No, this one does ignore the sequels. It's a direct sequel to T1 and T2 ignoring everything else:

IWyWbib.png

I can't wait until a few months from now when we can add "Cancelled Terminator Dark Fate 2 and 3" to this sad, sad list.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Dodgy CGI aside, I like what they're doing with the endoskeleton + T1000 concept where they can split up and act independently better than when they tried something similar with the TX in Terminator 3. Some of quick cuts showing them splitting up in opposite directions and merging back together at a run visually interesting, if nothing else.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
That's actually a pretty decent trailer compared to the other ones I've seen, the posters are amazing too.

Still massively skeptical and probably won't see it until it's streaming and I'm bored one day in the future but gives me a bit of hope.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Arnie and Linda were on the Graham Norton Show last night and I could tell they both know it's no better than any other post-T2 effort.

It wouldn't be all that surprising if most fans end up happy to keep T3 as the canonical sequel.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Watching the trailer it feels like they're still not getting what made the first two films so great. The very personal ways the unstoppable terminators came after people, and the manner in which they did it. This looks like it could be any other random action film that drops out of season.

That said I really hope it's good. The first two films are some of my favorites while everything afterwards, even the TV show, was so disappointing.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Still - The only positive vibe Im getting from this trailer/movie is Mackenzie Davis. I really don't like the "smugness" coming from the Terminator guy for some reason. It's more terrifying with the emotionless face that Robert Patrick displayed so well.

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the Dark Fate OT ready to go for posting tomorrow/Sunday (72hrs before UK release).

My favorite of those posters is the one that sort of imitates old VHS art.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Ok just watched this trailer and Linda Hamilton's lines are aaaawwwwful. Holy shit. Did she completely forget how to act?

Also why the FUCK is the "most lethal terminator ever" spewing corny ass shit like "my whole body's a weapon" and calling people "brother"? Are you serious? Dude should have minimal dialogue in the movie. That line shouldn't even exist.

There is simply no way this is going to be anything but garbage and it pisses me off.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Ok just watched this trailer and Linda Hamilton's lines are aaaawwwwful. Holy shit. Did she completely forget how to act?

Also why the FUCK is the "most lethal terminator ever" spewing corny ass shit like "my whole body's a weapon" and calling people "brother"? Are you serious? Dude should have minimal dialogue in the movie. That line shouldn't even exist.

There is simply no way this is going to be anything but garbage and it pisses me off.

Agree about Hamilton's lines (in the trailer) but I wouldn't doubt her chops overall.

As for the Terminator, his line could work if the human he's doppeling* has that same kind of tough guy attitude. Otherwise he's completely silent during the rest of the scene clips. So remaining optimistic for that portrayal as well.

Will the movie still be a garbage fire? Absolutley. How do I know? The almost exclusive daytime settings. It's like they don't even understand the tone of the originals. It should be horror-action, not action with a sprinkle of horror.

*assuming that still works like in T1 and T2.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Posters are good the film looks utter trash, I only hope they have held back in the trailer or something and the actual film is good.

One of the first things I noticed was how bad her acting is in the clips shown so far, a far cry from T1 & T2.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
When a franchise keeps changing up casts or events that means the only through line in it all is Arnold that's a problem. Judgement Day happened in T3, then it didn't. Nothing in this series carries weight so what's the point in investing
If you do not need continuity then who cares? Good movies should be able to stand alone without all the baggage of prior movies.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Well Cinemateaser (French film rag) just posted their review and gave it 2 stars.

Here is the rough translation:

Driven by no strong idea but by the same mechanisms repeated ad nauseam by the franchise for forty years, DARK FATE relies on what preceded it without ever trying to transcend its leg or bring any novelty - if not impulses post-modern goguenards seeming out of a Marvel production: in 2019, Sarah Connor, still camped by an excellent Linda Hamilton, swings the floodgates. And if DARK FATE apostrophes the era by mentioning its political-migratory context, cyberwarfare and all-surveillance, these themes are only cosmetic, without any impact on dramaturgy.

Little helped by this indefinable writing, DARK FATE even struggles to catch up on the show: cut and staged without invention by Tim Miller, handicapped by uneven visual effects, this TERMINATOR follows fights and action scenes unmisiting ever with what any current blockbuster lambda can offer. An extremely standardized nature that buries it, as the film seems even unable to shift TERMINATOR 2 with the same spirit as TERMINATOR 3 or propose any new image as RENAISSANCE did. A shipwreck? Not quite: Arnold Schwarzenegger delivers a few moments of great melancholy, distant but touching echoes of TERMINATOR 2. Above all, if this DARK FATE does not collapse on itself after a few sequences, it owes it entirely to Mackenzie Davis, the formidable actress who, in the role of Grace, delivers a captivating performance from start to finish, in action as in emotion. A heroine as we see few, camped by one of the most interesting contemporary actresses. DARK FATE does not deserve either.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When a franchise keeps changing up casts or events that means the only through line in it all is Arnold that's a problem. Judgement Day happened in T3, then it didn't. Nothing in this series carries weight so what's the point in investing

Because the driving force behind the narrative is time travel. Humans and machines constantly going back to the past creating wildly divergent time lines. Every film almost being a constant reboot makes sense with this franchise.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Take a look at how many people wrote this shit, how can it even be good to begin with ? 5 people for a fucking Terminator movie ? what a fucking mess.... "I'm Sarah Connor and I'm hunting Terminators when I barely survive one at my prime but I can do it at 54..." lmao wtf!

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Filmsactu gave it a 8/10.

After several missteps, the Terminator franchise is finally back in track and it feels great ! Dark Fate is by far the best entry since T2 and we finally have a "real" Terminator 3. Even if the movie isn't a technical marvel as Terminator 2 was when it came out, showing the limits of Tim Millers capabilities as a director, the story, the cast and the innovations finally gives us something we dreamed for 30 years : A sequel to Terminator 2 that does not shame its illustrious predecessor and resurrect in the best way a franchise we thought dead.

With reviews coming out, maybe it's time for a review thread ?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it will be good but I'm definitely going to watch it. Maybe the thing I don't like is the terminators don't seem so weighted any more, flipping through the air and stuff like a rag doll makes it seem more like a comic book that wants to go for a more stylistic approach than weighted choreography.