• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Last Terminator I saw was the one with Bale, how the fuck does Terminator age?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That is the best trailer yet. But, still looks like we should be hoping for a mediocre movie at best. They keep talking about it tonally fitting with the first two movies, but every single thing they show looks like a modern CGI action movie, and nothing more.

Also, "he's the most lethal Terminator ever created." *cringe*

Yeah, that line got me too.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just doing another fancier terminator plotline seems lame especially after it looks like its just the same kind of Terminator from T3 but a guy this time. I will say the banter between Arnie and Linda Hamilton seems fun.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just doing another fancier terminator plotline seems lame especially after it looks like its just the same kind of Terminator from T3 but a guy this time.

You know, it is odd that they didn't show what makes him unique this trailer, now that you mention it. I guess they assume everyone has seen the previous trailers that show what he can do at this point.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
kaTAHiM.png

Terrible.

You do see him conjoin with his separate endoskeleton in this trailer, it's quick but it happens.

Yeah. I wonder if there is a weakness to him when he splits, given that shot. You have Arnold and the other non-terminator-terminator standing there, why go back together?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be willing to watch this on Netflix or something. I've watched all of the crap Terminator movies in theaters, but enough is enough.

Oct 25, 2017
My idea for a rebooted Terminator movie is where a female scientist is getting chased by a member of the resistance and the machines send back one of the creepy looking plastic skin terminators to protect her.

Its not a great idea but it has some premise.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's some fire ass posters. The 4th one reminds me of Shinkawa's work from Metal Gear.

I still desperately hope this movie is awesome

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still think the film will be okay but could really do without so much CGI overload and callbacks run into the ground, still kinda amazing that the franchise never had that less is more moment yet, it's like they keep getting crazy budgets instead of being told no. Cracking set of posters.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care what anyone says Terminator 3 tried to do something different at least , and Terminator Salvation should've been the Terminator movie I always wished for and wasn't .... Please let this be good

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
hmm scenes didnt do anything for me, and so far doesnt look like anything we havent seen before. Premise based on trailer alone almost feels a bit too much like T2.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Another embarrassing trailer. Their reconning the sequels to make another rehash of those shitty sequels. See everyone in 4 years for the 5th reboot.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
i guess it's supposed to be a free poster from a video release because of the vhs in the corner
Still looks tacky as fuck. Not the actual artwork on the poster, because that's awesome. Just the fake fold creases. It's just a peeve of mine in modern "retro poster" art in general. There's been other "retro style" posters I've rolled many eyes at when I've seen they've drawn in the tacky fold marks. Hell, I think some of the custom art for Scream Factory releases have the creases on the cover artwork.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care what anyone says Terminator 3 tried to do something different at least , and Terminator Salvation should've been the Terminator movie I always wished for and wasn't .... Please let this be good
How? It was Terminator 2 but worse in every way. The very last scene was good but that was it. If any of these movies tried something different it's Genesys

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's just way too much going on. Too much CG. Too many Terminator gimmicks. Too much weightless fighting.

There's no grit or dread to anything on display there. The villain or whatever might as well be from the MCU. There's nothing menacing about it.

The movie has way too much "Hollywood lighting" going on; the way it's shot gives it so much fucking gloss and sheen.

It's just big budget schlock when a true Terminator film that goes "back to formula" needs to be low key, dark, scaled back, with an almost indie movie feel to it.

It is so, so disappointing that they went this route.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i mean what can you say, its your basic hollywood blockbuster template with a terminator DLC skin

its weightless CGI nonsense

Oct 28, 2017
There's just way too much going on. Too much CG. Too many Terminator gimmicks. Too much weightless fighting.

There's no grit or dread to anything on display there. The villain or whatever might as well be from the MCU. There's nothing menacing about it.

The movie has way too much "Hollywood lighting" going on; the way it's shot gives it so much fucking gloss and sheen.

It's just big budget schlock when a true Terminator film that goes "back to formula" needs to be low key, dark, scaled back, with an almost indie movie feel to it.

It is so, so disappointing that they went this route.
Yup

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Trailer is fine. Seems to promise a fun C grade movie that we won't ever feel compelled to watch again.

Either the movie is middling and there isn't much to show in the trailers because there isn't much in the movie itself or they're taking the Russos approach and disallowing certain scenes of sections of the movie the be shown (unlike the other shitty Terminator sequels).

I'm betting on a poorly hidden bullshit storyline (that multiple people are already predicting) involving this Arnie Terminator being forced to kill John Connor to save the future and that's why Sarah Connor hates him.

It's dumb that she hates him and that's the best way to explain why John Connor is absent from the trailers. (weeee can't wait for the flashback)

God I hope I'm wrong about all of this.

Starting to think this movie might be the best in the series by far.

...Ok I'm going to assume you're one of the few people that dislike the first two movies.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
This was a very well made trailer and things def look more polished but it felt like the cool editing and sound effects added maybe throwing some lipstick on a pig.

fact is this will be day 1 in theatre and I can see it not bombing but ehhhh this still looks stinky.

oh well not like it matters we always have the first two, and some day they will give the series a good movie again might take another 2-4 tho lol

Oct 26, 2017
Linda Hamilton sounds drunk in every scene they show her in.

I'm not saying that to be a dick to her or people with drinking problems (or god forbid, make light of a serious issue she may have if she actually maybe has a drinking problem). It's just something my ears kept picking up whenever she spoke.

It was jarring.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
im starting to think it was a mistake not having watched 3, salv, and genicyst. because now even if this one is a step up from those the only thing i'll have to compare it to is the first 2