• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Apple Store? ...Get it here!
Google Play? ...Get it here!

Resources

Terra Battle 2 Official Website
Terra Battle 2 Wiki
Terra Battle 2 Daily Bonuses

FAQ (From Reddit FAQ)
For Gacha/Rerolling

1. When can I pull from the gacha?

You can start pulling by completing Chapter 1, and then running to the branches in Chapter 2. The gacha in Terra Battle 2 is handled by an actual character who seems to have relevance to the story. You will know when to pull as it will tell you.

2. How do I reroll?

1. You can basically get to the end of zone 1 with only 1 battle. Kill the orbling boss the instant he pops out. Read 7 to learn how to cheese zone 1.

2. You get 5 ReAct items when you start out. You can basically expand 1 or 2 to make a mad dash towards the finish line by using Re-Act and Story triggers. I suggest you ignore items overall if you're rolling.

3. Story boss in zone 2 ends when you pincer the boss after killing all the mobs. You can drag mobs into its line of fire.

4. Before you even step into zone 1, level Samatha to the point she gets her 3 attacks and equip her on Sarah. Makes fights much easier.

5. You can basically reroll by uninstall -> install. You need to download data again. Probably can be abridged by other means. Yes, it also means you need to redo the tutorial.

6. All three bosses have an easy pattern to deal with. Just know Spear = Up/Down and Sword = Right/Left.

7. Resetting energy cost for first two zones (as I know, dunno bout the rest) is 0. This gives you a free turn back.
Equipment is also on the gacha if you look below. I suggest a Z roll with at least SS or S's.

Good luck y'all.

Edit: Efficiency report

Rerolling basically takes ~10-15 minutes.

60 energy should be the goal.

• 5 energy from log-in achievement.
  • 3 energy from log-in campaign.
  • 50 starting out.
  • 1 from hidden cave to the left in zone 1. (there's a hidden passageway)
  • and 1 from beating zone 1.
3. Should I reroll?

Completely up to you, but as a warning, each run-through can take anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes.

4. What should I pull/reroll for?

At this time, no one really knows. My suggestion is to just aim for an SS or Z character (or someone you like!).

tenor.gif

There quite a few... issues to be had with TB2 in its current state. There is a good "game" hidden somewhere in there, but in its current state, I can NOT recommend it. Once QoL/Game mechanics improve, I'll update the info and presentation accordingly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mars

Mars

Oct 25, 2017

Terra Battle 2 Maintenance Announcement

Maintenance Announcement (From 10/30 at 10:00 PM PDT)

Thank you for playing Terra Battle 2.

We will begin maintenance at 10:00 PM PDT on Monday, October 30 to update the game. This maintenance is scheduled to end at 2:00 AM PDT on October 31, but may take longer if unforeseen issues arise.

■This maintenance is for the following:
・New story chapter
・New Event Quest
・Updated Pact lineup
・Updated Pact interface
・Addition of Sort feature
・Fixes for known issues
・Distribution of compensation

■Regarding the addition and update of features
During this maintenance, we will add new features and update existing features as follows:

1. The Sort feature will be enabled.
2. The Pact lineup interface will be updated.
3. The Weapon Mastery skill will receive its own icon (it currently shares an icon with the Dual-wield Mastery skill).

You will not be able to play during maintenance. In addition, we ask that you refrain from playing just before maintenance begins, as this may adversely affect your game data.

A separate notice will be posted in-game, on the News Site, and on Twitter/Facebook when maintenance ends.

We appreciate your understanding and support, and will do our utmost to continue providing an enjoyable play experience.

We hope you enjoy your journey across Terra!

The Terra Battle 2 Team

OP
OP
Mars

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. I've tried to go through the re-rolling process but holy !#$@, even with some of the updates, traversing is still a chore, unskippable cutscenes don't help, and the drop rates are so abysmal... just feels like a waste of time. Stopped after the second run. Not worth the effort or headache.

Gonna just "roll" with what I got.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for putting together this thread. I don't think you're being overly negative, it's just the realistic state of the game. I gave TB2 a shot based on the fact that I had some fun with the first one, but unfortunately the sequel is coming off as really half-baked. At the rate that updates/improvements are coming, it's going to have a tough time holding anyone's interest.

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apologize for coming off like a negative ned/nancy. I still enjoy the core mechanics (outside of open world traversal and some other stuff), the music is still great, and the art direction is amazing.
No offense taken at all whatsoever. I do enjoy the game and am glad it's out. It's not TB1. We know that. It is what it is, I'm just glad the devs realize they have an uphill battle now.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed what I've played so far, though I do find some of the mechanics a bit...convoluted. The artstyle is my main draw, though. Looks beautiful.

tamago

Oct 27, 2017
Dallas, TX
I LOVED. loved. tb1. tb2..i just couldn't get into it. the story isn't necessary, the controls are laggy, and for my taste, overly complicated...and i run R and python.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still playing the shit out of this, mostly in hopes that things turn around. We'll see though, there's new games on the horizon and as soon as my attention span waivers, it's over.

In positive news, just unlocked Haruhikari and Djagos's 50% U rewards

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone still plays this game but new quests, chapters, units, and equipment are out. Used my last 30 pulls for this banner and got
TerraBattle2_2017-10-31-17-22-25.png

Seems like he's melee only and his skills and recode are disappointing...

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
He looks really good to me. His DNA form gets Petacut, which should be ridiculously strong, especially if you have a Peta-range weapon. His RNA form looks even better, as Augment Attack is especially powerful.

And he has a Z sword as his 100% U reward, which is great for physical attackers, especially if you have Weapon Mastery and can put it in your offhand so that you can get range from your mainhand.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This new banner...seems kind of broken, or maybe I was just lucky? I did 3x ten-pulls on the + banner and got four Z characters out of it. Chirol (already had one, but dupes are nice), Elga (new), and two Mu. I also got a few new SS characters (Mizzet x2, Ohryu). Of course the rest were S characters, since you can't pull anything below that. All of this was on compensation energy, and I still have over 300 to spend (but I'll save now for future banners). I might do a weapon pull just to balance things out a bit, but it seems like the only rate-increased Z-class weapon is the Katana, so I might opt to save for later.

If you guys have any left, it might be worth a multi or two to see.

Edit: I did 3x weapon pulls since I'm weak, I got a few SS-Class armor and, the event S-Class weapon, and the Z-Class Katana. I also got a bunch more of the useful A-Class weapons so I can further unleash the ones I have. Honestly, I'd be more excited if I actually enjoyed the game more. :/

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
He looks really good to me. His DNA form gets Petacut, which should be ridiculously strong, especially if you have a Peta-range weapon. His RNA form looks even better, as Augment Attack is especially powerful.

And he has a Z sword as his 100% U reward, which is great for physical attackers, especially if you have Weapon Mastery and can put it in your offhand so that you can get range from your mainhand.
My problem with him is that he's a pure physical character which means he has to be part of the main pincering units in order to activate his abilities. His U reward may be good, but idk if I'll stick with the game long enough to grind that out since I'm forced to grind out his sb first...

This new banner...seems kind of broken, or maybe I was just lucky? I did 3x ten-pulls on the + banner and got four Z characters out of it. Chirol (already had one, but dupes are nice), Elga (new), and two Mu. I also got a few new SS characters (Mizzet x2, Ohryu). Of course the rest were S characters, since you can't pull anything below that. All of this was on compensation energy, and I still have over 300 to spend (but I'll save now for future banners). I might do a weapon pull just to balance things out a bit, but it seems like the only rate-increased Z-class weapon is the Katana, so I might opt to save for later.

If you guys have any left, it might be worth a multi or two to see.

Edit: I did 3x weapon pulls since I'm weak, I got a few SS-Class armor and, the event S-Class weapon, and the Z-Class Katana. I also got a bunch more of the useful A-Class weapons so I can further unleash the ones I have. Honestly, I'd be more excited if I actually enjoyed the game more. :/
Yeah I feel the same way. It's hard to get excited when none of the content is challenging enough and the lack of content in general. I'll try to keep logging on but I think I might drop it soon...

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe they were trying to course correct from Terra Battle 1 and release chapters episodically to give people something to look forward to and yeah, I do look forward (to when maintenance shuts the game down and we get compensation energy).
... and I also like the story because I'm a sucker for this coming of age mysterious adventure in a fantasy world following a ragtag team thing sorry not sorry

A lot of the ideas are interesting. Synced mode to give you an idea of what the intended difficulty was supposed to be. Co-op rewards tied to recoding, making it always relevant. Weapons affecting range of skills added more character differentiation (like how the previous banner favored Katanas but only two characters can use Katanas).

Not to mention quality of life improvements from the first game like faster animations. Kinda weird not to have sorting for the games release but eh it's here now.

Uh. But it feels less fun to play? The story mode chapters are a slog of attrition through samey encounters and even if it might be less fun, the path of least resistance is to take an OP friend character to the event monsters and put the blender on annilate. Co-op is a uncoordinated stat check scramble.

The story is so annoying to play that it was definitely a mistake to give so many characters story only field abilities and so much focus on story only items, which are basically dead everywhere else (can't even use Exp Boost in metal zones). The reason it's annoying is intrinsically built in to how the game plays so my issues with it are probably unfixable, partly because if you stray from the path, your movement timer dies and you have to deal with a bunch of dull, easy encounters. I wouldn't care about off the hidden path items in story mode at all if they didn't include energy among the drops!

Terra Battle 1 maps were mostly one and dones but they constructed encounters to teach you the mechanics of the game. They'll put like one level down monster by itself on floor 1 and slowly escalate to more. So in that, you lose that encounter philosophy in TB2.

I'm kinda committed to seeing it through but like 200 energy and only pulling Mu as a Z and a 1 hybrid Z dagger makes me pretty uh.. unreasonably salty toward an openly gacha game, no lie!

Presentation is still aces though. Music, art, the UI is elegant and fantastical.

Last edited:

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone still playing this? I jumped off pretty quickly after launch due to multiple issues with the game but I would be willing to give it a second chance. Were they able to pull it around? Or is it pretty much dead?

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone still playing this? I jumped off pretty quickly after launch due to multiple issues with the game but I would be willing to give it a second chance. Were they able to pull it around? Or is it pretty much dead?
I've quit about 2-3 weeks ago. The game definitely has improved in areas such as:

-Increasing the pool of characters you can get
-Separating weapon and guardian pulls
-Added more story chapters as well as bosses
-Made the overworld slightly better by lowering the zoom and magnets between units harder to break
-New characters and weapons added to the pool has an increased rate to pull for the first few days (maybe weeks?)

But there's still a lot of things it hasn't fixed for me to continue playing. It feels like you're grinding away for nothing, the rate new chapters and bosses comes out are still too slow, not F2P friendly, and a reason to keep the actual overworld in game.

I did however just logged in and pulled a bunch of times and got the new Z unit with the increased rates. Maybe the game is worth giving another shot.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, define "play".

I log in daily, but that's about it. I'm waiting to see if some massive improvements are made (or my interest is re-kindled), but nothing yet. They have made a lot of QoL changes though, so here's hoping they keep that up.

I've quit about 2-3 weeks ago. The game definitely has improved in areas such as:

-Increasing the pool of characters you can get
-Separating weapon and guardian pulls
-Added more story chapters as well as bosses
-Made the overworld slightly better by lowering the zoom and magnets between units harder to break
-New characters and weapons added to the pool has an increased rate to pull for the first few days (maybe weeks?)

But there's still a lot of things it hasn't fixed for me to continue playing. It feels like you're grinding away for nothing, the rate new chapters and bosses comes out are still too slow, not F2P friendly, and a reason to keep the actual overworld in game.

I did however just logged in and pulled a bunch of times and got the new Z unit with the increased rates. Maybe the game is worth giving another shot.
I pulled Ayana too (on my first multi-pull), along with two of the new SS guy. I love the art of Ayana, and having a neutral element Mage seems like it could come in-handy for later (since she has no resists).

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I don't play Terra Battle 2 (I'm in Europe and my phone isn't good enough), but I thought this article contained some interesting tidbits: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...he-untapped-potential-of-mobile/#65738c851582
Hironobu Sakaguchi said:
However, I do want to develop games on console again at some point. We're even working on Terra Battle 3 right now and maybe console will be the right fit for that. Just because we are developing heavily on mobile right now doesn't mean we have completely left console behind. After all, the Nintendo Switch is a very good piece of hardware.
They're still working on TB2 and have yet to finalize the game design for Terra Wars, but it's interesting that they're already working on Terra Battle 3 (though it's definitely very far-off). It looks like they're considering the Switch for that.

Also, apparently Mistwalker was going to collaborate with Sega at some point between Cry On and Terra Battle:
Hironobu Sakaguchi said:
To give some background on that illustration, it was originally part of a presentation we had with Sega. At one point before the first Terra Battle we were working on a collaboration with Sega and that never really happened. However, the illustration Fujisaka did for that presentation, I continued to use after that for our various announcements.
I would've liked to see that.

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know if that "Other World" quest will come back, or was that a one-time-thing? I had the impression that it would stick around forever, since it was a reward. I left the final chapter unfinished! Oops!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I feel like they screwed up this release. I like the gameplay, but after basically giving away 40 metal zone tickets I have every character at level 99, maxed Mythril sets, and caught up through chapter 10 which seems to be latest.

The original which I then started is much more graduated difficulty. You can't just use stamina to cheese through metal zone and those fucking tee hee can't catch me tickets make it way harder.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This game hasn't been updated on Global for...maybe more than a month? It's definitely dead, they don't even acknowledge it anymore.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Maybe that's why they gave away so much shit for free.

I wish Mistwalker would get contracted to lead a Monoliftsoft or Square game. Square in particular seem to be severely lacking good technical supervisors, havent hit schedules since Mistwalker was created.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
In JP, they're taking beta sign-ups for their next game "Terra Wars" currently.

It's not Silicon Studios co-developing it thankfully, but not fully Mistwalker (ARZEST helping them).
So can't tell how it'll turn out.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Such a shame. Given that they've now botched TWO mobile game launches, hopefully they grt the message that they need to have some fucking content on release

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Terra Wars doesn't look too good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMRYzSTUIdc
Granted, it's in beta, but it does give an idea of the final game. For some reason it reminds me of the Fort Condor minigame in FFVII (which was also Tower Defense-like), and it doesn't look much better to me.

I have a feeling Terra Battle 3 will get cancelled and Gooch will want to move on.