• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OND Part 5 dropping on Netflix Dec 18. can't wait!

It's almost here. Excited.

Haha his comment history. He was undercover shipping/promoting Tsubasa and Shion the whole time:
quirkydad 27 points · 15 days ago

I may love them more than you...
quirkydad 9 points · 29 days ago

Netflix really owes a lot to Tsubasa and Shion/Sean. They should do some sort of spin-off featuring them...

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Damn took sucha long hiatus from the torrents that a whole Netflix part is gonna be up lol. I guess I'll just catch up on that

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
hypeeeee
so ready for tuesday.

On a side note I finally finished Aloha State.

WOWWWWWWW Guilty Samurai. Legend. I can't believe

Him and Chikako are now engaged!! 😵😵

Not sure how i feel about how Aloha ended.
The members really did their best to make me hate them by the end. Cheri and Wes are the worst. I really liked them at first then as time went on they became my most hated members of all the series. Cheri particularly was just...disgusting. She just seemed like an overall just terrible human being.

lol

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I feel bad for Maya. Obviously we have no way of knowing how guilty she is of all the things Risako accused her of, since they all happened off camera and in the past.
That said, the 2 vs. 1, "you're doing this wrong and this wrong" was just really annoying to watch. Honestly at this point, I would be the happiest if Yui and Risako just straight up left, so we can have a more chill house for the last hurrah. Especially Yui, while I tolerate her much more now after the "change", I feel like she's not really adding much. Maybe now that her love options seem to have ran out, she'll consider it.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
First episode of Part 5 on OND
Taka, just get off the show. You've liked a girl for 3 years, you were head over heels for the girl who was so annoying I can't even remember her name and when you have a girl so totally into that you were clearly interested in you bail. 33 weeks on, I'm done with you.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Maya. Obviously we have no way of knowing how guilty she is of all the things Risako accused her of, since they all happened off camera and in the past.
That said, the 2 vs. 1, "you're doing this wrong and this wrong" was just really annoying to watch. Honestly at this point, I would be the happiest if Yui and Risako just straight up left, so we can have a more chill house for the last hurrah. Especially Yui, while I tolerate her much more now after the "change", I feel like she's not really adding much. Maybe now that her love options seem to have ran out, she'll consider it.

Absolutely agree. I was annoyed by that whole conversation with Maya where they let her know how awful she's been. Like you say, it's impossible to know the whole story but I found her reaction sincere. Even later when they were all laughing together at the table, I wondered if Maya was making a conscious effort to be more outgoing with them. Either way, I think I've seen enough of Yui.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kachou was surprisingly smooth when he invited Risako lol (could have done without the "Man I want to kiss her" bit after lmao)
Not really surprised to learn that Maya isn't a perfect housemate, Risako and Yui brought up some fair points so hopefully she can change for the better.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Kachou was surprisingly smooth when he invited Risako lol (could have done without the "Man I want to kiss her" bit after lmao)
Not really surprised to learn that Maya isn't a perfect housemate, Risako and Yui brought up some fair points so hopefully she can change for te better.
I wouldn't be surprised if she's not a perfect roommate (it's all subjective though), but honestly living in a situation when it's 2 against 1 in your own room is pretty bad. Honestly I think I would bail if I was her.
I don't think any of those people had previous room sharing experiences with people they didn't know, so it might even be less Maya being a bad roommate and just her way of doing things/attitude being something that Risako/Yui are not used to/expect.
Either way, ganging up on one member way after the fact, when no one remembers exactly what happened is just silly.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if she's not a perfect roommate (it's all subjective though), but honestly living in a situation when it's 2 against 1 in your own room is pretty bad. Honestly I think I would bail if I was her.
I don't think any of those people had previous room sharing experiences with people they didn't know, so it might even be less Maya being a bad roommate and just her way of doing things/attitude being something that Risako/Yui are not used to/expect.
Either way, ganging up on one member way after the fact, when no one remembers exactly what happened is just silly.
What other option do you have? People ask you "what's wrong?" You continuously say "nothing" when it's obvious something is wrong. Hell, even in the confrontation she goes "nothing." If you don't communicate, what else can you do? Add to that a lack of doing shores, well then yes, it's time to have a conversation. I don't see that as ganging up on someone. Especially since Yui in particular clearly held back on criticism and was just expressing her feelings.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
What other option do you have? People ask you "what's wrong?" You continuously say "nothing" when it's obvious something is wrong. Hell, even in the confrontation she goes "nothing." If you don't communicate, what else can you do? Add to that a lack of doing shores, well then yes, it's time to have a conversation. I don't see that as ganging up on someone. Especially since Yui in particular clearly held back on criticism and was just expressing her feelings.
Do it one on one so it doesn't feel like an intervention, do it when the thing actually happens or closer to it. You have a person who clearly is trying to keep her distance for some reason, so at least maybe have that conversation first and try to find the problem and ease her back in, instead of just launching a tirade of criticism. Sure, that's one way of doing it, but however you think about it, a very ineffective one, as we could see from the awkwardness that was showing afterwards.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Do it one on one so it doesn't feel like an intervention, do it when the thing actually happens or closer to it. You have a person who clearly is trying to keep her distance for some reason, so at least maybe have that conversation first and try to find the problem and ease her back in, instead of just launching a tirade of criticism. Sure, that's one way of doing it, but however you think about it, a very ineffective one, as we could see from the awkwardness that was showing afterwards.

Apparently Yui has already tried to speak to Maya one-on-one a few weeks ago on Another Terrace.

https://amara.org/en/videos/rbZRJEV...ayanibu-xie-he-yin-doujie-shiteiikawakaranai/

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I met an artist named Lauren Tsai a few weeks back and had no idea that she was some model that had been on this show. Which season is she on?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Already have one and an extra copy to have signed just in case I see her at another convention lol.

Nice! I've purposely avoided a lot of screenshots/scans of it so it is new to me when it shows up. Missed getting it in the first run (sold out instantly) but nabbed one during her first restock. Hope to see it early next month. Her style is exactly the kind that I've always been drawn to. A little bit Kawasaki, a little surreal. Even before I saw that she hung out with Terada and James Jean, I likened her work to theirs. Awesome seeing them all together making art lately.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nice! I've purposely avoided a lot of screenshots/scans of it so it is new to me when it shows up. Missed getting it in the first run (sold out instantly) but nabbed one during her first restock. Hope to see it early next month. Her style is exactly the kind that I've always been drawn to. A little bit Kawasaki, a little surreal. Even before I saw that she hung out with Terada and James Jean, I likened her work to theirs. Awesome seeing them all together making art lately.

Terada is def in there. Def a lot of James Jean. I don't know if I see Kawasaki so much. I love Kawasaki but I feel like she's been playing the same hits over and over for a little too long. My favorite artist that I discovered at D-con is actually Soey Milk. Check her shit out (a lot of maybe NSFW). Super amazing oils, and really different when working with ink on paper.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Not to keep derailing this thread lol, but I am definitely familiar with Soey. Definitely NSFW =P I also couldn't agree more about Audrey, sadly. I have one print of hers , Charlotte from 2011, and it was about that time that I started feeling she was slowing down for me.

Rahk

Oct 25, 2017

Bunka Fashion College is one of the top fashion schools in the world and the first year is really busy. I'd imagine it's super difficult needing to commute so far, and then also filming Terrace House and being expected to do chores and be happy and sociable all the time. I'm sure some fault lies with Maya, but I agree that the way they went about confronting her wasn't ideal, especially when a camera is pointed at you.

On a side note, I was at one of the Bunka fashion shows last year. Missed TH by a year!

newline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Just finished part 5. I'm starting to think OND might top B&GitC in the end. The current housemates are great, all in their own way, even Sato. Is it possible to watch the last episodes with subs before they get on Netflix?

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
That was a great episode, things are moving forward! Hope my boy Kachou doesn't choke.
Cool to see Enon too haha

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I like the new members. I feel like this is near the end for Yui though. I'm sorry y'all, but I just love Yui. She has rough patches, but she seems very mature in her work ethic and household duties, and I think she's adorable. With skater boy's feelings seemingly waning, her days are probably numbered.

I also think Yui is great. It's sad people were so harsh on her.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
So if there are only four episodes left to be released on US netflix, are they still doing the usual 2-month or so break? I kind of wish they had just held off releasing the fifth part a couple weeks and put the rest of it out together.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I seriously had no idea. Me and my wife were confused at first. But then you saw everyone go like "OMG". Have to read up on them.
They've been constantly popular for a while, with a mega hit in 2015 that made them an household name.
Also the frontman had an affair with an insanely popular TV host, it was a hot topic in 2016.

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
I love Yui. Her only fault is being human on camera instead of meticulously crafting her personality for the audience.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
cant get on board with the yui love. she seems like a nasty person overall. tsubasa and seina are the goat members