• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend and I are finishing up BGITC
Holy shit. Hayato turned to a villain in a single episode. Arman finally got a girl and Riko is finally coming into her own though I still can't stand her but good for fucking her as a person. Sad that Byrnes and Misake apparently didn't last very long after the show but BGITC has been reallyi awesome.
Really wish we could watch BGND next but I don't like messing w/ torrents.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
That feeling when You suddenly shows up in your drama...
screenshot_20190105-24mf5r.jpg

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
What a great episode. Yama-chan was on fire, and the second half with all the arguments felt so real and was amazing.
Yui bringing up all that stuff from the past makes me honestly like her even less. That said, even if all that Risako is saying is true regarding who said what, I still can get myself to like her. Sure, it must be hard when everyone is so much younger than you and if Yui is really calling her an old hag (or whatever they translated クソババ to) then wow, but still, I guess I just don't like Risako's personality. Honestly at this point Maya is the cool girl there.
Great cliffhanger too. I wonder who was holding hands with whom. Aio and Maya?!
Also, that episode 46 title:
"No longer a Virgin"
Edit re: 45:
I completely forgot to mention how Aio was failing to get Yui to like him. Given the title of the next episode he might succeed, but it was nearing Shouhei level of no game. I wonder if Yui was okay with being hugged because she's confused, actually likes him, or doing it just for the camera, like the studio was guessing.
Anyway, those parts were really cringy to watch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Oh my god these last 15 minutes. Clenched buttcheeks during the whole thing while laughing like a maniac at the same time.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Watching those last 15 minutes right now and oh my goooooodness. This is shaping up to be something else. I obviously have no idea who said what, truly, and I almost hate how riveting it is simply because... drama, but damn.

EDIT: OMG that cliffhanger.

Last edited:

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
What a great episode. Yama-chan was on fire, and the second half with all the arguments felt so real and was amazing.
Yui bringing up all that stuff from the past makes me honestly like her even less. That said, even if all that Risako is saying is true regarding who said what, I still can get myself to like her. Sure, it must be hard when everyone is so much younger than you and if Yui is really calling her an old hag (or whatever they translated クソババ to) then wow, but still, I guess I just don't like Risako's personality. Honestly at this point Maya is the cool girl there.
Great cliffhanger too. I wonder who was holding hands with whom. Aio and Maya?!
Also, that episode 46 title:
"No longer a Virgin"
Edit re: 45:
I completely forgot to mention how Aio was failing to get Yui to like him. Given the title of the next episode he might succeed, but it was nearing Shouhei level of no game. I wonder if Yui was okay with being hugged because she's confused, actually likes him, or doing it just for the camera, like the studio was guessing.
Anyway, those parts were really cringy to watch.

honestly, the way the dudes try to assert themselves is downright creepy. First shohei with that awful kiss, now Aio and his forced embracing of Yui as if she's a kitten

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Geeze, I don't even know what to think. Right now I kind of agree with the panel, Yui seems shady no matter what's going on. She definitely seems to play both sides of a situation and likes to the stir the pot. It's hard to know though, because so much of the housemate interaction happen off camera. It really makes it hard to gauge real personalities. With the title of the next episode, I wonder if we're going to end on a BGITC style shocking reveal. I can only hope...

Oct 27, 2017
Lauren Tsai is casted as a mutant in FX's Legion for Season 3.

Definitely wild. I think she has the most success after terrace house than probably anyone else. She's making moves lol. Quite interested to see her character.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/legion-season-3-lauren-tsai-1203103398/
Rie is more successful

Not sure why they cast Lauren with her lack of self-confidence and inability to show emotion. She doesn't seem cut for the acting business

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Rie is more successful

Not sure why they cast Lauren with her lack of self-confidence and inability to show emotion. She doesn't seem cut for the acting business

For a second I was like who's rie? Lol
Totally forgot about terrace house boys and girls next door. Wish I could watch that without torrenting.
Yeah i see she's definitely more popular.

But who knows, I'm sure she's taken acting classes for it. Wouldn't make sense to not to. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until I actually see her part on the show.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Are you guys watching episodes in japanese or english subs somehow with new releases?
In Japanese when they pop up on Japanese netflix.
I'm surprised. Not because it turned out that Yui is a bad person, since I already knew that for a long, long time.
I'm surprised that she came to TH, and despite probably knowing about the Riko incident decided to do the exactly same thing.
Guess she didn't expect Aio to be a wildcard (seriously, what the hell is that guy doing).

As for Risako and that whole deal with talking behind the cameras, if that's really been done right after they've joined, I guess I can understand?
It's still a bad thing to do, but she's a model, so I guess she knows to a certain extent how showbiz in Japan works and how everything is staged, so she wanted to do the same thing in TH.
Amazing episode, loved it.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Spoil me, what Yui do?
First she was stirring some stuff for seemingly no reason (trying to make allies, because there's 3 girls so there's a high chance of a 2-1 split.
The big thing in 46 was that she was telling people that she kissed once in her life, didn't want to be hugged by Aio when watchig movies on the phone etc.
Near the end of the episode, Aio told Ricchan that before he already took her home, they kissed and slept together (he might've meant literally just "slept", I don't remember exactly how he put it).
The episode ended with Ricchan bursting into the room, waking Yui up and "out of the blue" asking sleeping Yui how far did she get with Aio.
She said that they've only held hands. The episode ends with Ricchan saying "Aio told me everything".

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. No shock, just like you said Hasemo, it isn't surprising really. I also agree though, after Riko, why would you think this would work. Perhaps she just really put too much trust into Aio and thought he wouldn't say anything. If you look at it though his guilt, and ultimately his confession, are a direct result of the conversation that Yui sparked. It is (duh) her fault in so many different ways that this is likely going to blow up in her face.

This... this had me on the edge of my seat...

dSmuGB6.jpg

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up another variant cover of hers yesterday (Captain Marvel #1), and hopefully her sketchbook ships soon. I'm really happy to see her snatching up all these big breaks in her career.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
For those asking, I watch the Japanese episodes of OND on Netflix using a VPN service. They're already subbed in English as soon as they're available.

I read the spoilers for Episode 46 and I'm dying at work counting down the minutes till I can go home and watch it.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For those asking, I watch the Japanese episodes of OND on Netflix using a VPN service. They're already subbed in English as soon as they're available.

I read the spoilers for Episode 46 and I'm dying at work counting down the minutes till I can go home and watch it.

omg drool. So tempted to check these episodes out early....

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how kosher it is to discuss using VPNs on this forum, but the TH reddit has a pretty good explanation of options. It's dead simple to do. I've actually gotten several irl friends using them too because we're all desperate TH junkies now.

Appreciate the guidance. Don't skirt with trouble here. If I decide to go with weekly viewings, I'll know where to go. Thank you :)

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that was a lot. I can't believe we have a potential repeat of the Riko and Hayato situation!!! I really wonder what Yui was thinking. It's one thing to hide what you're doing from the cameras, but to also attack another housemate and imply they're doing the very thing you're guilty of is next level shady. I felt really bad for Risako, but I'm glad she's been vindicated. I hope she gets to take on the Inspector Byrnes role next episode and air out all the dirty laundry. If you think about it, Yui has bullied almost all of her female roommates with her weird passive aggressive bullshit. Somewhere in the world, Seina is watching this unfold and cackling maniacally.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Wow, that was a lot. I can't believe we have a potential repeat of the Riko and Hayato situation!!! I really wonder what Yui was thinking. It's one thing to hide what you're doing from the cameras, but to also attack another housemate and imply they're doing the very thing you're guilty of is next level shady. I felt really bad for Risako, but I'm glad she's been vindicated. I hope she gets to take on the Inspector Byrnes role next episode and air out all the dirty laundry. If you think about it, Yui has bullied almost all of her female roommates with her weird passive aggressive bullshit. Somewhere in the world, Seina is watching this unfold and cackling maniacally.

The last 10 seconds.. holy fuck

Oct 27, 2017
That was some top-tier drama. It rivals the end of Boys and Girls in the City.

This changes everything regarding how I feel about Yui. Meanwhile, I never paid attention to Risako before but now I really like her.

Not sure how I feel about Aio...

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
So awesome to see Ricchan vindicated. Goddamit, Yui. It's 2019...no one gives a shit about virginity you dumbass. Should've just been yourself on camera, it's not as if you and Aio were doing anything wrong!

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched Aloha State yet so I'm not familiar with Cheri, but I think Yui is way worse than Rikopin. I've seen people on reddit argue that it's her right to keep that part of her life private and that anyone that criticizes her is slut shaming her or whatever, but I feel like that's a really disingenuous argument that also misses the point entirely. I am all for Yui and Aio being a couple, I actually thought they were really cute when they were hanging out initially. The issue for me, and I think most people, is Yui didn't just lie like Rikopin did, she has actively tried to drag other female housemates down and imply they are shady sluts or whatever, when she is actually the shadiest person of all. Also, if you don't want aspects of your life to be public, don't go on one of the world's most popular reality shows.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched Aloha State yet so I'm not familiar with Cheri, but I think Yui is way worse than Rikopin. I've seen people on reddit argue that it's her right to keep that part of her life private and that anyone that criticizes her is slut shaming her or whatever, but I feel like that's a really disingenuous argument that also misses the point entirely. I am all for Yui and Aio being a couple, I actually thought they were really cute when they were hanging out initially. The issue for me, and I think most people, is Yui didn't just lie like Rikopin did, she has actively tried to drag other female housemates down and imply they are shady sluts or whatever, when she is actually the shadiest person of all. Also, if you don't want aspects of your life to be public, don't go on one of the world's most popular reality shows.
Please come back with your opinon on Cheri once you've finished Aloha State, haha :)

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing something messy happens is probably the only thing that will motivate me to watch Aloha State.

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing something messy happens is probably the only thing that will motivate me to watch Aloha State.
Yeah, it's quite a boring season. It does have some interesting moments but you'll have to force yourself, especially in the first half. If you're a TH fan you might as well watch it so you get all the references in later seasons/discussions

Nov 1, 2017
Holy fuck. After 45, I was expecting a shit storm but this was on a whole 'nother fucking level. I can't wait to see Yui get her comeuppance. I genuinely used to like her but the longer she's stayed in the house, the more I knew I wouldn't like her in real life. I've known too many people like her. I'm buckling up for what has been and will likely be the best closing to a Terrace House yet.

I hate how the episode titles spoil things. I just found out the title for 47 and it's another spoiler. You can't really avoid them either cause they appear in the episode itself.

Last edited:

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
the sock thing still makes no sense, you just move into a shared house and decide its a great idea to buy only two people little gifts because you trust them??? ok Maya can be annoying but what did our boy Kaito do