Terrace House |OT| Reality TV Made In Japan [New Season on 5/14]

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I do want to say in reference in to your comment about people sitting around staring at the wall; regarding Karuizawa, if you don’t drive you’re pretty much stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. I think that lead to a more chilled pace last series.
Yeah but I think Boys & Girls in the City felt slow at the beginning too and that was in Tokyo. This group seems much more forthright.

rokkerkory

Jun 14, 2018
Did not know there's a new season out! WOOT! Gotta check this out. :D

Also Aloha State season is my fav so far <3

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was maybe the nicest one since Tsubasa and Shion episodes in OND. Great start for this season.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
Yo this season might become the GOAT if we get stuff like this on a regular basis.

Last edited:

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Damn.

I just finished episode 98 of BxGND. I've just got the film to go. Someone hold me.

I want to be Tecchan's friend.

Aug 27, 2018
Totally forgot this started last month and figured out how to watch it. The new opening song is WAY better than the one from last season on western version.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
Damn.

I just finished episode 98 of BxGND. I've just got the film to go. Someone hold me.

I want to be Tecchan's friend.
Next Door really feels like an epic tale, thanks to its length and Tecchan being the clear main character during 2 years.
The later seasons don't have the same vibe at all, which is understandable. It was very interesting to watch Next Door after In The City, felt like two differents shows. Kinda hope they add it on Western Netflix at some point, so more people can legally experience it.

Happenstance

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Next Door really feels like an epic tale, thanks to its length and Tecchan being the clear main character during 2 years.
The later seasons don't have the same vibe at all, which is understandable. It was very interesting to watch Next Door after In The City, felt like two differents shows. Kinda hope they add it on Western Netflix at some point, so more people can legally experience it.
I started the movie last night and was a bit annoyed that it even happened. The end of BxG was nice and to just immediately rip away those goodbyes and coming to tems with the show ending kind of sucked.

I'm thinking about rewatching In The City next while I wait for Tokyo to appear on Netflix. I think that one is possibly still my favourite series so it'll be interesting to watch it now so close to BxG to see if I still feel that way. BxG at least has my favourite housemate though. I don't think anyone will overtake Daiki 1 at this point for me.

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
No matter how much time passes and now matter how many new Terrace house seasons are beginning, i still miss Boys and girls next door. Undoubtedly the peak of Terrace house. I miss everyone from that season.

Hasemo

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
No matter how much time passes and now matter how many new Terrace house seasons are beginning, i still miss Boys and girls next door. Undoubtedly the peak of Terrace house. I miss everyone from that season.
Agreed about it being the best season. Started a bit rocky on the studio side, but had the most interesting people, storylines, and drama for most of it.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed about it being the best season. Started a bit rocky on the studio side, but had the most interesting people, storylines, and drama for most of it.
Totally agree. It is often a cliché to say that the first season is the best, but there's just no comparison (and I was a late comer who started with OND and so has a huge soft spot for that). It is a lot fresher as no one really had worked out the formula for being successful, thus apparently no shenanigans to "increase screen time". The quicker turnaround, so that the housemates saw a show like two weeks after the stuff in it happened (at least that is what it felt like) made things interesting too.

And the Tecchan/Dyki bromance. Tecchan really seemed to grow over the entire thing, going from a naïve boy to actually handing out solid life advice to the others by the end.

I enjoyed Closing Door with the checking in with all the housemates, but for the most part it felt wrong. The commentators on the stage felt weird. The journalist was possibly the worst housemate on record. And it just seemed to go so fast, weeks in just a couple of hours.