• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm about 7 episodes into Aloha State at the moment and really not feeling it. There are big gaps between when I decide to watch episodes. In comparison I couldn't drag myself away from Boys & Girls in the City. Should I just skip the entire thing and move onto Opening New Doors?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I'm about 7 episodes into Aloha State at the moment and really not feeling it. There are big gaps between when I decide to watch episodes. In comparison I couldn't drag myself away from Boys & Girls in the City. Should I just skip the entire thing and move onto Opening New Doors?
Watch part 4, the ending is nuts, then OND

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'll stick with it for now I guess. Don't really want to jump in at the very end and probably not know anyone.

Maybe it's just losing that Japan hook along with the first group of people not making much of an impression on me like the In the City group did.

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN

The starting cast of Aloha State might be the worst in the history of Terrace House. Still I think Aloha State picks up around the middle of part 2 (after Guy and Taisha join), and it turns into great during the last part 4. As I said before overall I thought it was really good.

Edit: Looking back at that starting cast I think I only liked Avian and Lauren. At the start I thought Eric might turn out to be interesting, but the only interesting thing he ever did, he did after he left the show. Also I just remembered how bad Wez was (he comes in towards the end of part 3 I think). Useless...

Honestly Aloha State has some of the best work from the hosts. The whole Guilty Samurai thing makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The starting cast of Aloha State might be the worst in the history of Terrace House. Still I think Aloha State picks up around the middle of part 2 (after Guy and Taisha join), and it turns into great during the last part 4. As I said before overall I thought it was really good.

Edit: Looking back at that starting cast I think I only liked Avian and Lauren. At the start I thought Eric might turn out to be interesting, but the only interesting thing he ever did, he did after he left the show. Also I just remembered how bad Wez was (he comes in towards the end of part 3 I think). Useless...

Honestly Aloha State has some of the best work from the hosts. The whole Guilty Samurai thing makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Eric became worth it right at the end when the commentators finally saw his pop up cafe and how crap it looked.

I may have fallen back into the Terrace House hole after complaining this morning. I'm now on Part 3 ep 3.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok then I just finished watching Aloha State. Thanks for forcing me to carry on!

....Cheri, cheri, cheri

giphy.gif

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just now watching part 6 and all I know is I desperately want that Sweatshirt that Maya is wearing when she goes to watch Risoka modeling. The screengrab of E.T dressed as a woman. Random as hell but I loved it.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Im still working my way through Opening New Doors at the moment. Onto part 5 so far. I'm enjoying it but it does feel like the location holds them back a bit with either not too much to do or people always disappearing because they have to travel.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Im still working my way through Opening New Doors at the moment. Onto part 5 so far. I'm enjoying it but it does feel like the location holds them back a bit with either not too much to do or people always disappearing because they have to travel.

Yeah the remote setting probably sounded like a good idea for more intimacy but doesn't work that well in practice if the cast mates selected are spending half their time commuting and never around to interact.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

OH SHIT!

I think travel was a big issue. People weren't getting home until really late, or people who were around the house didn't really do anything. I really liked the season for the cast and for what it is, but I think the location didn't really work well.

SmokinDan

Oct 27, 2017
And I just finished BxGND + the movie.

What a ride! I can't believe Tecchan stayed through the whole thing.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just watched the first episode of BxGND. It's interesting going back to this first series after watching all the others. You can definitely see that they've refined how they want the show to be shot.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Just watched a couple more episodes and holy shit, the level of ageism is getting uncomfortable. Constantly calling Taka an old man at 31 and saying that he shouldn't be shy at his ripe age. That's some toxic shit.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
My god, just got to the Yui shit. I don't think I've ever done such a hard 180 on someone so quickly. I defended her and was on her side, and even liked her. But damn. I think she honestly just didn't understand the issue at all.

I do think there was a bit of time manipulation with the flow of events they showed though. When Yui and Masao go to ping pong later in the episode, Masao is in the same clothes that he's in from an earlier scene where Masao and Risoka talk about looking forward to their date the next day. There just seemed to be some extra editing to stack on top of Yui.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New season starts on may 14th

Guess it will hit other Netflix regions when the TV version starts in july.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the new season! Where are people watching the old seasons and movies that aren't on Netflix? PM me...

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
New cast looks great.

Now just need to master Japanese and become a model, then I can apply to be a member when I move to Japan this fall

as if :(

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
New cast looks great.

Now just need to master Japanese and become a model, then I can apply to be a member when I move to Japan this fall

as if :(
They have these casts figured out ages in advance usually, including back-ups and back-ups of back-ups. I could potentially see this having international cast members in it due to the Olympics, but I wouldn't bet on it.