• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know there was a thread here, used to go to Reddit for Terrace House comments. I've seen this spring all the seasons including BGND and I'm fascinated by this show. Can't wait for the new season. Although I must say I enjoyed much more the first seasons than the last two. Although the first half of OND is great, but the end was very rough. Hopefully the fact that they're back in Tokyo will help.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Japanese release have English subtitles? And could I use a VPN with my normal Netflix account to watch the Japanese release?

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Just started watching boys and girls in the city. Really enjoying it as i have never watched normal reality TV shows.

Rahk

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I remember when my VPN was still working with Netflix Japan, none of the Japanese shows had English subtitles. Sorry for the misinformation.
Netflix Originals or other shows that are released globally such as Terrace House typically have English Subtitles, but shows that are released only on Netflix Japan don't.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Does Netflix Japan work with a VPN? I remember Netflix being pretty strict about the usage of VPNs. I also have no idea how I can watch the old seasons.
Is there any place I can stream them legally? Alternatively, is there a way to purchase them? Blu Ray set or something like that?

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Still working my way through BxGND. Momochan just left. I didn't think much of her at the beginning but she slowly evolved into one of my favourite housemates. Just so genuinely nice.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
BxGND:

Just got to Daiki's trip to the hospital. Fuck, that broke me. Especially them cutting back to the panel and seeing You and Tori-Chan welling up. Plus before that seeing him crying with his sister...

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
BxGND is so much better than any of the later seasons it's not even funny. I wonder if they'll ever top it.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
The house looks pretty much the same as usual, but I like the new members so far. They seem to be more "active" than some of the previous crews, so maybe we won't have to suffer through a super slow start.
From the girls group, I like Kaori the most. My gf and me were laughing through the whole episode how the smallest one looks like Maeda Atsuko with her makeup on.
From the guys, the guy who lives in Taiwan seems to be cool, I don't believe a word that the bandman is saying about not being jealous (I feel like he's trying to play up the "older and wise" card), and the kid might turn out like a non annoying version of Yuudai.
I hope I can remember their names soon.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
House looks a like mash-up between the Next Door's 2nd house and In The City's, pretty fresh.
Starting cast seems quite solid, can't say I expected SPiCYSOL's vocalist to be in there LOL
Really excited, Tokyo + members that don't seem like stuck-ups is gonna be good.

After-shower Shouhei tho, looked even hotter
upvBC1F.png

Real tragedy is that the opening is no longer TayTay but CHVRCHES

Last edited:

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
House looks a like mash-up between the Next Door's 2nd house and In The City's, pretty fresh.
Starting cast seems quite solid, can't say I expected SPiCYSOL's vocalist to be in there LOL
Really excited, Tokyo + members that don't seem like stuck-ups is gonna be good.

After-shower Shouhei tho, looked even hotter
upvBC1F.png

Real tragedy is that the opening is no longer TayTay but CHVRCHES

Have good vibes from this group after the initial episode, but that is usually the case. I love CHRVCHES so no complaints there! I think it fits quite well but it's going to take some getting used to. Wonder if they just decided it was time for a change or what.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I was howling at the scene where Risako was cutting the cheese. Especially after they just showed Kenny expertly carving into an avocado.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn seems like everytime this thread is bumped a new seasson has started, I haven't even watched the first one

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Saw new episode. Saw the souvenirs one of the members brought from Taiwan and it said milk peanut soup. Was so interested I bought a can and it's pretty damn good lol.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm really liking that everyone is being proactive this soon. 2 for 2 as far as I'm concerned, high hopes for this season!
Actually hope this starting cast goes the distance.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Really good starting cast this time. Very active and friendly and trying to get to know each other. Reminds me of the BGITC and I guess it's no coincidence since it's happening in Tokyo too. The tempura incident wasn't as much an incident after all but rather a conflict in their life philosophies. I wonder if Kaori has now second thoughts regarding Shohei.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Really good starting cast this time. Very active and friendly and trying to get to know each other. Reminds me of the BGITC and I guess it's no coincidence since it's happening in Tokyo too. The tempura incident wasn't as much an incident after all but rather a conflict in their life philosophies. I wonder if Kaori has now second thoughts regarding Shohei.
Yeah, the Tokyo/big city vibe is something I've really missed, despite enjoying OND a ton.
It actually feels even more pronounced than In The City imo

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Shohei 2.0 is actually Evil Tap. His "life philosophy" is like straight up I'm a bum/I have rich parents. Like he is so clearly full of shit I'm glad Haruka was calling him out on it.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Shohei 2.0 is actually Evil Tap. His "life philosophy" is like straight up I'm a bum/I have rich parents. Like he is so clearly full of shit I'm glad Haruka was calling him out on it.
Heh, Haruka giving life lessons to a dude she's known for less than 2 weeks isn't a good look imo, if anything she's the Tap in this situation.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
So Episode 3 dropped, Shohei coming out of it looking a lot better than he did in Ep.2. Still can't feel that Ruka is the right fit for Risako (who I know through a friend of a friend) but we'll see what happens...!

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I am loving this season so far. The housemates all are interacting and doing stuff with each other instead of just sitting around staring at the wall! So far it seems like a really good mix of personalities. Lots of good interactions so far. Risako was so endearing in this episode, and she seems to be a pretty shrewd judge of character. I can't wait to see how things develop between her and Ruka.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
No much to say about episode 3, aside that's it's still extremely enjoyable so far. One of the strongest season starts tbh

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I am loving this season so far. The housemates all are interacting and doing stuff with each other instead of just sitting around staring at the wall! So far it seems like a really good mix of personalities. Lots of good interactions so far. Risako was so endearing in this episode, and she seems to be a pretty shrewd judge of character. I can't wait to see how things develop between her and Ruka.
I do want to say in reference in to your comment about people sitting around staring at the wall; regarding Karuizawa, if you don't drive you're pretty much stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. I think that lead to a more chilled pace last series.