• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I do want to say in reference in to your comment about people sitting around staring at the wall; regarding Karuizawa, if you don't drive you're pretty much stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. I think that lead to a more chilled pace last series.

Yeah but I think Boys & Girls in the City felt slow at the beginning too and that was in Tokyo. This group seems much more forthright.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Did not know there's a new season out! WOOT! Gotta check this out. :D

Also Aloha State season is my fav so far <3

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was maybe the nicest one since Tsubasa and Shion episodes in OND. Great start for this season.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yo this season might become the GOAT if we get stuff like this on a regular basis.
N8edtHE.gif

Last edited:

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Damn.

I just finished episode 98 of BxGND. I've just got the film to go. Someone hold me.

I want to be Tecchan's friend.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I watched this movie a few days ago and it stars Miwako from the very first season.

Kenen-P1.jpg

Aug 27, 2018
Totally forgot this started last month and figured out how to watch it. The new opening song is WAY better than the one from last season on western version.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Damn.

I just finished episode 98 of BxGND. I've just got the film to go. Someone hold me.

I want to be Tecchan's friend.
Next Door really feels like an epic tale, thanks to its length and Tecchan being the clear main character during 2 years.
The later seasons don't have the same vibe at all, which is understandable. It was very interesting to watch Next Door after In The City, felt like two differents shows. Kinda hope they add it on Western Netflix at some point, so more people can legally experience it.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Next Door really feels like an epic tale, thanks to its length and Tecchan being the clear main character during 2 years.
The later seasons don't have the same vibe at all, which is understandable. It was very interesting to watch Next Door after In The City, felt like two differents shows. Kinda hope they add it on Western Netflix at some point, so more people can legally experience it.

I started the movie last night and was a bit annoyed that it even happened. The end of BxG was nice and to just immediately rip away those goodbyes and coming to tems with the show ending kind of sucked.

I'm thinking about rewatching In The City next while I wait for Tokyo to appear on Netflix. I think that one is possibly still my favourite series so it'll be interesting to watch it now so close to BxG to see if I still feel that way. BxG at least has my favourite housemate though. I don't think anyone will overtake Daiki 1 at this point for me.

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
No matter how much time passes and now matter how many new Terrace house seasons are beginning, i still miss Boys and girls next door. Undoubtedly the peak of Terrace house. I miss everyone from that season.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
No matter how much time passes and now matter how many new Terrace house seasons are beginning, i still miss Boys and girls next door. Undoubtedly the peak of Terrace house. I miss everyone from that season.
Agreed about it being the best season. Started a bit rocky on the studio side, but had the most interesting people, storylines, and drama for most of it.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the new season to finally air outside of Japan... Any news when it will be streamable?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, that's still so far away just to binge 8 episodes within two or three days...

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed about it being the best season. Started a bit rocky on the studio side, but had the most interesting people, storylines, and drama for most of it.

Totally agree. It is often a cliché to say that the first season is the best, but there's just no comparison (and I was a late comer who started with OND and so has a huge soft spot for that). It is a lot fresher as no one really had worked out the formula for being successful, thus apparently no shenanigans to "increase screen time". The quicker turnaround, so that the housemates saw a show like two weeks after the stuff in it happened (at least that is what it felt like) made things interesting too.

And the Tecchan/Dyki bromance. Tecchan really seemed to grow over the entire thing, going from a naïve boy to actually handing out solid life advice to the others by the end.

I enjoyed Closing Door with the checking in with all the housemates, but for the most part it felt wrong. The commentators on the stage felt weird. The journalist was possibly the worst housemate on record. And it just seemed to go so fast, weeks in just a couple of hours.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Another fantastic episode LOL
Haruka is killing me hahaha

Pretty sweet corner at the end for Yama-chan!

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I completely missed the ending of Episode 6 last week about Yama. That was really fun. Happy for him, they met two months ago. Crazy.

Is everyone just scrambling at this point? Ruka... the end kind of took me by surprise. Is this just him realizing that Riko and Haruka are not interested? Kaori must have been in his latest dreams. Sorry Riko. At this point I think that the only two that seem to have a shot are Kenny and Risako, but we'll see. I kind of hope that Shohei and Kaori have a great date and then Ruka has to decide what to do. I can kind of see Ruka and Haruka leaving soon though if things pick up around them and they are feeling left out.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I can't seem to get interested in this season. I've been watching most episodes while doing something else...
Interesting, it's the complete opposite for me. Despite really enjoying OND, this season is even more exciting to watch, I just can't look away. I feel like I'm watching Terrace House for the first time again.

Latest episode was some great stuff once again.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'm enjoying the current season, but I feel
that we're reaching a limit of entertainment we can get from the current members. We've seen the ways they spend time alone/together, their love interests have changed multiple times. I guess we should be in the endgame for some of them like Haruka and Risako soon and then maybe someone will leave?

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm enjoying this latest season but I've got to admit I've been a bit confused on the sheer amount of praise I've seen for it elsewhere as being the best start to a season etc.

I'm usually team Risako but her blurting out that she thinks Haruka has feelings for Kenny infront of Kenny was pretty fucked.

Ruka to me just seems boring and coasting by on his looks. I'm looking forward to him leaving. The most we seem to get out of discussions about him is how cute he is.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm enjoying this latest season but I've got to admit I've been a bit confused on the sheer amount of praise I've seen for it elsewhere as being the best start to a season etc.

I'm usually team Risako but her blurting out that she thinks Haruka has feelings for Kenny infront of Kenny was pretty fucked.

Ruka to me just seems boring and coasting by on his looks. I'm looking forward to him leaving. The most we seem to get out of discussions about him is how cute he is.
I feel like there's waaaaay more stuff going on in just 8 episodes than any other season.
Most of them had pretty slow starts, where it took more time for dynamics to emerge. Very few downtimes in this one imo, which is why I consider it the strongest start.

Last edited:

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

I've binge watched the other seasons and all of them except maybe the first one (which suffers still from the lack of the panel) are very slow to get going and many episodes are passing before something interesting is happening. It feels like this one has also a more balanced cast and all of them are interesting except for maybe Shohei.

Now it kind of stalled a bit and
even the girls noticed it and complained that only them are actually trying. but there's still plenty of potential going forward. Especially with Risako's terrible action at the end of the episode.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
The argument at the beginning was great, but I still don't understand completely why Risako told Kenny how Haruka feels. I understand her not being able to hold it in if it was her own feelings, but doing such a "service" to someone else, just because you know how they feel is just silly. I'd assume that someone teaching people on a daily basis can put themselves in the shoes of others, but I guess it's not the case.
Cheering for Yusuke, although even if something happens between him and Haruka I can't see it being anything than a short fling, since it would end up being another long distance relationship in the end.
Also, I'm with the panel, why did Haruka almost cry there in the end?

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The argument at the beginning was great, but I still don't understand completely why Risako told Kenny how Haruka feels. I understand her not being able to hold it in if it was her own feelings, but doing such a "service" to someone else, just because you know how they feel is just silly. I'd assume that someone teaching people on a daily basis can put themselves in the shoes of others, but I guess it's not the case.
Cheering for Yusuke, although even if something happens between him and Haruka I can't see it being anything than a short fling, since it would end up being another long distance relationship in the end.
Also, I'm with the panel, why did Haruka almost cry there in the end?
I think it was her either realizing she is not over Kenny yet and feeling bad that she still likes him or maybe because of how vulnerable she feels right now the music got to her. Their jam session was really really good imo

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I think both Risako and Haruka had some fair points, though at the end of the day I'm more on Risako's side...
Don't give a shit about Haruka/Yusuke tbh.

My man Shouhei was the voice of reason : basically saying "Y'all need to chill out, who cares?" LOL
Amen.

Tokui's comment when Kenny rejected Haruka with the "I don't see you as a woman" line was hilarious. "What the hell. Personally I see her as someone I could sleep with"

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I think both Risako and Haruka had some fair points, though at the end of the day I'm more on Risako's side...
Don't give a shit about Haruka/Yusuke tbh.

My man Shouhei was the voice of reason : basically saying "Y'all need to chill out, who cares?" LOL
Amen.

Tokui's comment when Kenny rejected Haruka with the "I don't see you as a woman" line was hilarious. "What the hell. Personally I see her as someone I could sleep with"
I'm very surprised. I don't think Risako was in the right at all. She was very deliberately sabotaging Haruka by outing her feelings to Kenny, knowing she didn't want to and trying to force Kenny to openly reject her so she could have fair game. And she's been playing that game for a while, she did it with Ruka earlier too. But despite that, she showed no remorse afterwards, laughing in Haruka's face, spewing a fake gomen and then immediately playing the victim as if Haruka had been deliberately shutting her out with Kaori (this despite Risako from day one separating herself from them, and after they girls tried to close the gap with her over that coffee hangout earlier). She's made zero effort to try and place herself in Haruka's shoes, and openly defies her feelings as if they don't matter. It was a very very poor showing for Risako.

The worst part is when she openly said that Haruka should just act like she doesn't have the feelings she has because she's an actress, so Risako can just be truthful in outing her feelings to others. Absolutely terrible look.

Yes, Haruka outed her smoking, but that was after that comment drove her over the ledge. Up until then she had consistently been trying to spare Risako's feeling by using I-statements, trying to speak to her experiences and emotions rather than accusing her. Trying to explain why she felt the way she did. All the while Risako just centered on her own selfish beliefs and played the victim, as if Haruka was somehow to blame for Risako's selfishness.

I just don't understand how you could come away with a view in favor of Risako in all this. She was very deliberate and not at all coy about her goals here. She definitely did all of it on purpose out of a sense of rivalry. No consideration for Haruka at all until days later.

It'll be a while before I can look at Risako in a favorable light again, tbh.

OP
OP
Kurita

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm very surprised. I don't think Risako was in the right at all. She was very deliberately sabotaging Haruka by outing her feelings to Kenny, knowing she didn't want to and trying to force Kenny to openly reject her so she could have fair game. And she's been playing that game for a while, she did it with Ruka earlier too. But despite that, she showed no remorse afterwards, laughing in Haruka's face, spewing a fake gomen and then immediately playing the victim as if Haruka had been deliberately shutting her out with Kaori (this despite Risako from day one separating herself from them, and after they girls tried to close the gap with her over that coffee hangout earlier). She's made zero effort to try and place herself in Haruka's shoes, and openly defies her feelings as if they don't matter. It was a very very poor showing for Risako.

The worst part is when she openly said that Haruka should just act like she doesn't have the feelings she has because she's an actress, so Risako can just be truthful in outing her feelings to others. Absolutely terrible look.

Yes, Haruka outed her smoking, but that was after that comment drove her over the ledge. Up until then she had consistently been trying to spare Risako's feeling by using I-statements, trying to speak to her experiences and emotions rather than accusing her. Trying to explain why she felt the way she did. All the while Risako just centered on her own selfish beliefs and played the victim, as if Haruka was somehow to blame for Risako's selfishness.

I just don't understand how you could come away with a view in favor of Risako in all this. She was very deliberate and not at all coy about her goals here. She definitely did all of it on purpose out of a sense of rivalry. No consideration for Haruka at all until days later.

It'll be a while before I can look at Risako in a favorable light again, tbh.
Well they are/were rivals when it comes to Kenny, and they weren't especially friends to begin with. Risako brings up a fair point : why should she stay quiet when Haruka is flirting with Kenny? At this point they're openly competing, so hey, go crazy.
It would be a different story if they were actual close friends, but they're not.

So yeah, both don't really give a damn about what the other feels. They're just wildly different personalities clashing, with different ways of thinking and "tactics" when it comes to romance. It's not a question "Who's right/who's wrong" to me, I just feel more sympathy for Risako when all is said and done, without thinking Haruka is a bad person.

Once again Shouhei is right, everyone's getting all worked up for nothing lol.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, it was kinda douchey to out Haruka at that point, but at the same time Haruka is clearly playing the game reeeeeeeeeally hard and shes bounced around the boys like a ping pong. On top of the stuff Risako said i just cant sympathize with Haruka at all. Kenny on the other hand is kind of an idiot and read the room a little bit with that ending.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I can't see a situation where outing out someone like that wouldn't be a really mean thing to do. Talk about your feelings all you want, but if you want to act, be more aggressive yourself. Low blow, really.
They're not some randos, after that exchange they still have to live together unless they decide to leave, so I think acting like that towards each other and making enemies is a really bad move. Plus it's on TV, so if many viewers feel like that too, it's a really silly move.
Haruka might be jumping between guys, but remember that it was Risako who was all 付き合おう to Ruka and then decided she's not interested in him after all.
Anyway, until this week's episode I really liked Risako, but after that exchange? Nah. That said, I guess we have to remember that most of them are still kids who probably never lived together with others in that kind of environment.

Kenny at this point is just annoying, maybe he's waiting for someone else who is more his type to FINALLY start moving?

As for Shohei's comment, it felt more like him trying to be cool than anything else. I'd go as far as to say that 100% of the drama in TH doesn't matter, especially compared to some murders etc. And yet it's people thinking and talking about their feelings, so to them it's important. Looking at Shohei in general, I definitely feel like the guy thinks he's much smarter than he really is.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I dunno man, it was kinda douchey to out Haruka at that point, but at the same time Haruka is clearly playing the game reeeeeeeeeally hard and shes bounced around the boys like a ping pong. On top of the stuff Risako said i just cant sympathize with Haruka at all. Kenny on the other hand is kind of an idiot and read the room a little bit with that ending.
At least she didn't go from "please be my boyfriend" to Ruka to "I like Kenny now" in the span of a week heh.

edit: Heh, Hasemo beat me to that.