• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/kamuif/status/1584103255382298626
Kamui Fujiwara said:
SFC[天地創造]の発売27周年を記念してオリジナルアーチストが再びコラボしました。新曲と新規絵で構成されたオリジナルムービーです。ぜひ楽しんでください!
DeepL translation said:
The original artists collaborated again to commemorate the 27th anniversary of the release of SFC [Tenchi Souzou]. This original movie consists of new music and new pictures. Please enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NG__W_FmCI

Eat a goat if old

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Soul Blazer + Illusion of Gaia + Terranigma collection when? I would pay a lot of money for that.

Still sad that NA didn't get a proper Terranigma release. I remember reading a lot about it in the old Nintendo Power issues and getting excited, only to find out that we weren't getting it here. They need to correct that, and no better time than now when collection compilations are so prevalent.

Here's hoping!

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
27th anniversary is too random, I am choosing to look into this too much and make assumptions based on nothing. Re-release coming

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
27th anniversary is too random, I am choosing to look into this too much and make assumptions based on nothing. Re-release coming

Why the 27th anniversary? That is such an odd year to do.
I hope this means we get a collection or something
it means nothing

Fujiwara did this "big" exhibition with new and original art last year with a sampler of new music too.

This has nothing to do with Square Enix. They're just independently carrying the torch.

www.resetera.com

Former Terranigma key members back online petition asking for 25th anniversary rerelease

Terranigma's art designer Kamui Fujiwara got quite active on Twitter earlier this year and got to even upload a compressed file with unseen concept art (covered in this thread back then). Then, a few weeks ago he started uploading new illustrations depicting key scenes in the game in order to...

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i imported this game back in 1996 or whenever and i somehow beat the whole thing. I told my friends it was "Illusion of Gaia 2" and they were like uhh..

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I never did play this, but I had a small obsession with Illusion of Gaia when I was a kid.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kgHbv4bm4DAoFKWQF1WqqddV7JGEcEga3JWIi4SffuY.png

I should play Terranigma.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'll never forgive Nintendo (Enix?) for this game never getting a US release. 😭

I mean, we got shit like ROBOTREK for fuck sake!

Ended up playing through it when I visited a friend in the UK in the early 00's and it was brilliant.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Pls god bring this masterpiece to North America. Someone! Anyone!!!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never forgive Nintendo (Enix?) for this game never getting a US release. 😭

I mean, we got shit like ROBOTREK for fuck sake!

Ended up playing through it when I visited a friend in the UK in the early 00's and it was brilliant.

lot of it probably has to due with how hard nintendo america pushed illusion of Gaia (like seriously, they published it themselves thinking it was a Zelda spinoff. basically). they felt burned and enix outside of japan was running off fumes mid 90s

still a weird curio europe got it

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please please please let this lead to a collection of all 3 games. Soul Blazer is still my favorite game of all time, would love to have a more modern way to play. Not to mention the other 2 of course.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Please please please let this lead to a collection of all 3 games. Soul Blazer is still my favorite game of all time, would love to have a more modern way to play. Not to mention the other 2 of course.

soul blazer was essentially a sequel/spinoff of actraiser at the time. and we got Actraiser Renaissance

dare we dream...?

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
As colorful as the Trilogy is, they'd look so damn amazing on Switch OLED.

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
I love terranigma but the way they draw black characters here is hella yikes. Not the best way to try and get your game revived.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
soul blazer was essentially a sequel/spinoff of actraiser at the time. and we got Actraiser Renaissance

dare we dream...?

I loved ActRaiser Renaissance.
Playing it 30 years to the DAY of playing the original for the first time was a special experience.

I'd love that team to make either a SoulBlazer Renaissance or an ActRaiser II that tones down the stupid difficulty and adds the sim aspect of 1.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Sweet.

Now I want a remake like SD3 got but fix the stupid leveling/stat/damage system so you don't have to grind levels to not do 1 damage to a boss.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
Nice video. Terranigma is a fantastic game and everyone should play it.

At this point I would be happy if they just dumped a ROM with an emulator on Steam.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: The main character, Ark, originally had blue hair, but they changed it to orange when they made his sprite form due to palette limitation

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this is on Square's radar the way Live A Live unexpectedly was. It really is a beautiful, one of a kind game.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Live A Live was put on the radar by Takashi Tokita, the creator of the game himself. It's not really comparable with Terranigma.
ActRaiser too?? I thought that one was totally outta left field too.
No doubt senior SE staff seems to have a lot of leeway. But I dunno... I'd love to see the trilogy come back, no matter its form. I do hope Terranigma would make the cut...(I'm not hopeful, but it's one I could sorta SEE happening at least lol)

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ActRaiser too?? I thought that one was totally outta left field too.
No doubt senior SE staff seems to have a lot of leeway. But I dunno... I'd love to see the trilogy come back, no matter its form. I do hope Terranigma would make the cut...(I'm not hopeful, but it's one I could sorta SEE happening at least lol)

Mmh yeah, not sure what the story was with ActRaiser Renaissance 🤔

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still mad at myself for allowing myself to hope for some sort of rerelease. Figured that since Europe finally got Mario RPG that NA may also get Terranigma officially.

As always hope is a mistake.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Mmh yeah, not sure what the story was with ActRaiser Renaissance 🤔
still vehemently believe it was the long-fabled Saturn port that never materialized and was literally excavated from some archive and given another shot on modern hardware.

www.resetera.com

A third ActRaiser was in development for the Sega Saturn :(

@RobMar21 posts scans from old magazines on Twitter all the time, today he posted a page from GameFan Vol. 4, Issue 11 where it confirmed Sega had announced ActRemix for the Saturn. The game was going to be a mixture of levels from Actraiser 1&2, with the simulation aspects brought back. So...

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
There has to be something to this, right? Constantly pushing for and advertising the game after all these years. Randomly celebrating a 27th anniversary.

...right?

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's a crime that this game never got re-released. Such an incredible game... Whenever someone asks for a top of my favorite games ever, Terranigma immediately comes to mind. It made such an impact on me as a kid and kept having an effect on me every time I replayed it (it's my most replayed game).

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be something to this, right? Constantly pushing for and advertising the game after all these years. Randomly celebrating a 27th anniversary.

...right?

That "something" could just be they're trying to drum up interest so they can pitch a remaster to Square Enix. Which is still not saying it'll happen or not, these things are daily business.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
The devs clearly want this, make the fucking HD-2D remaster Squeenix you cowards. I haven't bought the others but I will buy this one for real.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
There were rumors he got arrested a while ago. No idea how true they are but they were from semi credible sources
I think this is about as complete a write up as I've seen:

www.the-pixels.com

"What ever happened to Quintet?" - The Pixels

The Quintet trilogy alone is a 16-bit tour de force for retro JRPG fans, but why haven't we seen more re-releases? The answer may come down to one man.

Probably there's at least something that occured that caused him to leave the industry, but maybe not as dramatic as an actual arrest.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
What's the "potentially sensitive content" tagged in the video description? 🧐

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the "potentially sensitive content" tagged in the video description? 🧐
It's in-regard to the feeling of getting fucked after watching the video, when the realization that we'll likely never get a Quintet Collection or ports/remasters of those titles sinks in. :(