• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good to know people care more about the typo than the subject matter. stay classy ERA.

on topic: Good on him for spreading awareness to this kind of thing. Tackling toxic masculinity is a hard thing to do.

Good to know people put their thoughts about posters making jokes before the subject matter. Stay classy Era.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You certainly implied it in your original post, which is what I was responding to from the start.

Do you think Hart's behavior and statements should be accepted?
Great and since then, even though not even the original post says that, it's been clear audience reaction wasn't the sole reason. Now, why should I change the subject of the conversation and try to have a more serious one with someone who's already misconstrued my words spoken in this thread? The conversation on a talk show went no where, you just seem to be interested in going back and forth.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
This idea that it was black women instead of black men who defended R. Kelly is bullshit. He may have female fans by the dozens, but it was the black men around him that protected him. That made other celebrities fear talking about him.

That's what kept him going for so long. Chris Brown? That case is closer to what y'all talking about.

But not Robert. Terry is right on that.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An individual should hold themselves accountable yes and as a collective group every person should hold each other accountable regardless of gender.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yep. He's right on the money. Was listening to the NPR Fresh Air interview with Hart and he just continued to make excuses for his behavior rather than simply apologize and own up to the fact that his jokes perpetuated bad stereotypes and were detrimental to how homosexuality is seen in black culture and the wider population in general. "I was just trying to be funny and didn't mean anything by it" or "I grew up on the comic greats who didn't hold back" and "we can't try to be edgy anymore".

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna say the for the most part I agree with Terry but can't co-sign the blame for R. Kelly being pinned on other black men specifically. Through all of his career the largest part of his fan base have never been us. It's not large groups of dudes that make up the crowds at his concerts.

All of us have responsibility to call out injustices that we see. If he wants to call out others who worked with Kelly or otherwise enabled him directly, that's one thing — but painting ALL of us brehs with the same brush just feeds into the "black men are ___________" narratives that too many others are happy to try and weaponise against us.

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
You know, I never really go out of my way to see a movie because it has a particular actor in it.. but Terry Crews just continues to be fantastic and is now my favorite celebrity.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Great and since then, even though not even the original post says that, it's been clear audience reaction wasn't the sole reason. Now, why should I change the subject of the conversation and try to have a more serious one with someone who's already misconstrued my words spoken in this thread? The conversation on a talk show went no where, you just seem to be interested in going back and forth.
Got it. You don't even enter these threads in good faith. Ignored