• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
bvquuexsn5o6qby7dqv1.png

Tesla CEO Elon Musk will take the stage on November 21st to unveil the Cybertruck, Tesla's all-electric pickup truck and the automaker's sixth vehicle since its founding in 2003. Unless you are one of the lucky few who scored an invite to the exclusive event, chances are, you're like us: stuck at home, wondering how to watch the party. Well, we've got you covered.

Like past Tesla events, a live stream is likely to be available on Tesla's website. The company's press division has yet to confirm exact details, so be sure to check back here throughout the day as we update this post with more information. There doesn't seem to be an alternative official stream at this point.

The event is scheduled to begin at 8PM PT / 11PM ET, though it could start later, as Tesla events have been known to do. As usual, it's going to be a late night for the company's fans and watchers on the East Coast.

LIVESTREAM https://livestream.tesla.com/

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be amusing if this was a mega hit with gas guzzling pick up truck owners in the US.

Oct 27, 2017
What they should do: Make it look like a normal pickup truck, and hype it up as being the same, but cheaper to run due to no gas.
What they will do: Make it look futuristic and appealing to the Silicon Valley crowd...and thereby alienate the people who actually buy trucks.

EscapingJail

Oct 26, 2017
What they should do: Make it look like a normal pickup truck, and hype it up as being the same, but cheaper to run due to no gas.
What they will do: Make it look futuristic and appealing to the Silicon Valley crowd...and thereby alienate the people who actually buy trucks.
I mean if it saves your company a shitton of money then it could look like a soccer ball and people would still buy it.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm super interested to see how they go with this. Not interested in one for myself, but replacements for gas guzzling pickups are great.

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this big time, and a couple of friends of mine who are big time into trucks are excited as well and planning to put down deposits.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
I honestly hope it just looks like a APC with a tesla logo on the front like Elon was talking about. Really excited for this announcement

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it doesn't end up using the Model 3/Y design language so much and deviates from it. I'm ready for Tesla to bring the heat to Rivian, and I expect they will given their seniority in the EV space.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
They're probably going to do both, but option two is funnier so they had to do it first.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
God I hope it's not ugly. Wife and I are both in for a ev truck, as long as it doesn't look like shit.

Musk has said previously that you can run 240v tools off of it.

Inverters for 110 and 240 tools are pretty common and easy to get for normal vehicles, that said I could see it being popular with the off grid types. (If it's self serviceable)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
A corporation that treats its employees like shit and has an egotistical CEO capitalizing on Blade Runner for marketing is hilarious

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Musk doesn't seem to care if "truck" people like it, I remember him on a podcast from last year saying he didn't care if it sold well or not and that he was making it because of how cool looking it would be and that he wanted it.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nah. Tesla vehicles have to stand out. Ford and GM are already coming out with electric F150s and whatnot.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
As a truck guy, I fear this is going to look stupid. Standard Tesla styling won't work on a truck.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Blade Runner inspired? Blade Runner's world is not one we should ever want to emulate in any fashion and this even less so from a wannabe Tyrell.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what a truck with that name actually looks like. I'm ready to be disappointed.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Just waiting to see a truck I can't afford and wouldn't want.

Unlike the model 3 which is a car I can't afford and do want.