• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Test drove and ordered a Model 3 performance today...

Absolutely loved it... I'm so excited

I have the Model Y Performance on order and I can't wait! Rented one through Turo for two days in Hawaii and it was a blast to drive. Exhilarating!

When we went to California, we rented a standard RWD Model 3 and it was a step down from the Y performance in terms of instant torque and head slamming acceleration. Still was fun to drive though.

Posted in the EV thread, but got our charger installed!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Struck a pretty great deal with my in-laws.
My sister in law wants to replace her Mini which is currently owned by my in-laws' business.
At the same time my wife and I want to upgrade our Model 3 to a Model Y because our second kid is on the way and we'll need the extra trunk space by the end of the year. At first we talked about selling the Model 3 to the family business so my sister in law could take over it and we'll use that money to buy a new Model Y. After talking to their financial advisor they've come up with the idea of buying the Model Y through their company and just giving it to us for free. My wife, who works for the family business doesn't get any deductions from the pay check for the car since it will be registered to her dad.
Meanwhile my sister in law will get to drive the Model 3 for a year or so until she decides what car she wants for herself and after that we'll get the Model 3 back for our own use.
Financially this is a huge win for us since we get the Model Y for free and after a year we'll get the Model 3 back as well.
I'm glad we get to keep the Model 3 since my wife will be using the Y most of the time due to our children and now I won't have to fall back on her shitty old BMW 1.

Ordered the Model Y last night.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Have a mobile appointment next week for wind noise coming through the passenger window. I've scheduled it for my work…does anyone know how this works? Will I need to go out to the car to meet the tech, or can they just located it/work on it without my being there?

Oct 25, 2017
Have a mobile appointment next week for wind noise coming through the passenger window. I've scheduled it for my work…does anyone know how this works? Will I need to go out to the car to meet the tech, or can they just located it/work on it without my being there?
They'll need to meet with you initially, but after that you don't need to stick around unless they need access to the interior.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Fuck Tesla. They rescheduled my appointment to a service center, which means I'd be without my car for at least 2 days

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Tesla has given us a loaner every time. Even as recently as last month they lets us have a Model Y for the day while our 3 was getting a small daily repair.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Tesla has given us a loaner every time. Even as recently as last month they lets us have a Model Y for the day while our 3 was getting a small daily repair.
If they could confirm I'd get a loaner, that would be amazing. The most they'll say is "dependent upon availability," which pretty much translates to "here's some Uber credits you human garbage."

Both times I've taken it in for manufacturing issues, the car has sat on an overflow lot for 24 hours at least until it's taken in to be serviced.

I hate their system so goddamn much.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
So I currently rent out a room of my home and we share utility costs. I have a M3LR on order, but am wondering, am I able to track exactly how much I've charged the car?

I only plan on charging at my home, and basically I would want to be able to see how much electricity I have used to charge the car each month so that I can take it off of the bill. Possible? Easy to find and interpret this information?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
So I currently rent out a room of my home and we share utility costs. I have a M3LR on order, but am wondering, am I able to track exactly how much I've charged the car?

I only plan on charging at my home, and basically I would want to be able to see how much electricity I have used to charge the car each month so that I can take it off of the bill. Possible? Easy to find and interpret this information?

Yup. The app gives you pretty good data and there's a few third party ones that can get even more granular.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Just sold my car so I guess there's no going back! Eta July 26-September 6….praying for no delays

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
Hope so. I didn't even test drive, and I already miss my BMW 335i. Loved that car, and didn't even realize it'll probably be my last ICEV. Sad day
Immediately better imo, these cars are the first that I've actively enjoyed driving and just drive around the neighborhood for fun in. They are so fun to rip around, youll see

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I know this thread is very old, but I was wondering what are some of your ranges a few years after getting the car?

2018 Model 3 Dual Motor

yr%mi.
201880246 (i think?)
100? (haven't charged it to 100 in a while)

i really wish we could exceed 300 mi in general

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
my wifes midrange 2018 3 charges to 90% to 212 miles. 90% when we got it was 234 miles.
Ive tried the "battery reset" method, by charging to 100% and then draining it all the way down and leaving the door open then charging it to 100% again then draining it down again. Didnt seem to help.

Manngc

Oct 27, 2017
I know this thread is very old, but I was wondering what are some of your ranges a few years after getting the car?

2018 Model 3 Dual Motor

yr%mi.
201880246 (i think?)
100? (haven't charged it to 100 in a while)

i really wish we could exceed 300 mi in general
My 2020 Model 3 has numbers very close to yours. It's been relatively stable. The 100% now is around 280ish, but of course that the EPA range. Navigation range is less.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Anyone know if this is a reliable way to fix panel gaps for the frunk?

www.youtube.com

Fix Tesla Frunk Panel Gap!

We'll both get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging on a new Tesla with my referral code: https://ts.la/chris41676Instagram: @DirtyyTeslaMessage me on Reddit: /...

Mine isn't too bad unless you get within 1-2 meters of the car and notice a gap in left frunk.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Anyone got the holiday update yet? My car only gets data from one usb in the glovebox so I'm wondering how I can keep my usb to record dashcam and sentry but also play custom lock sound.