• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
To go white or not to go white. If I do, I think I would change the exterior to black.

3JYGEJo.jpg

Update: I selected it, while keeping the red exterior, and now my estimated arrival time went up a month between Oct - Dec.
That's the exact car I want. Red exterior with white interior. Just can't afford one yet. :/

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I might need to get the car sooner than I expected. My current car is falling apart. I'm trying to find an analysis of cost savings if I get the 49k version + 7.5k tax credits vs 35k model + premium interior + EAP + 3.5k credit.

The drive (fwd vs rwd vs awd) does not impact me that much and neither does the battery range.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
I might need to get the car sooner than I expected. My current car is falling apart. I'm trying to find an analysis of cost savings if I get the 49k version + 7.5k tax credits vs 35k model + premium interior + EAP + 3.5k credit.

The drive (fwd vs rwd vs awd) does not impact me that much and neither does the battery range.

I think a lot of it depends on how safe or unsafe your current car is, as well as things like the cost of electricity in your area.

Another thing to consider is how long you plan to keep the car, and what your driving habits are like. I've found that even though I'll literally never drive 300 miles at a time, having the long range battery makes it much easier to keep the car in the 20-80% sweet spot to keep the battery healthy, which may be important to you if you plan to keep the car for many years. (In fact I rarely let the car get below 50%, I think it is recommended not to let the car discharge deeply if you want the battery to last a long time.)

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I did a thing.

The tax credit pays for a lot of nice things. If you need the car, buy the car. You're still looking at a 2-4 months wait right now anyways, it's not like you order the car and it arrives tomorrow.

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they severely underestimated demand for AWD. The line gets longer and longer for AWD, and then P, but you can get a RWD much more quickly now. That's ironic, everyone predicted the demand would be for the cheaper ones.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they severely underestimated demand for AWD. The line gets longer and longer for AWD, and then P, but you can get a RWD much more quickly now. That's ironic, everyone predicted the demand would be for the cheaper ones.

Isn't the AWD and P being made under the tent line while the others in the two other lines? It does appear they underestimated demand. I just want a really large used model 3 market to choose from in 2020 so the more the merrier

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
My delivery date was supposed to be September 5. But then my Tesla rep emailed me a few days ago to tell me they are moving the date... up to August 26! I can't believe I'm finally going to get my RWD Black Metallic Model 3!

The best financing I can get is 3.59% at 72 months so I'm going through Tesla's financing partner for that. Also the trade in value of my Nissan Leaf is lower than I wanted.

I feel like a nesting parent because I hired an electrician to install a 50 amp 220 volt outlet in my garage over the weekend. I had a wall mounted charger from Nissan that I never installed, so I'll sell that at some point. Getting excited!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So barring any delivery delays, I will be taking delivery of my Model 3 tomorrow afternoon. I feel bad for the Tesla rep as I've been making a number of last minute adjustments. On Friday I updated my insurance information, on Tuesday I switched from Tesla financing to a local credit union, and yesterday I just decided "I'll go to CarMax" not expecting anything to change as the trade value Tesla was giving for my current car was REALLY good... I left CarMax with a value that was $250 more than what Tesla is offering. While $250 isn't significant I would also argue that because it isn't significant then Tesla should be able to match it pretty easily so I sent my rep an email about it yesterday. I haven't heard back from my rep on the matter yet but I logged into my Tesla account this morning and checked out the Overview for the breakdown on the cost of everything and my Tesla trade value for my car is now missing... which I guess means they couldn't match the trade value?

Oh also, it's looking like I may be able to do a much larger down payment than I was originally anticipating. Should I just show up tomorrow with more money in tow than was agreed upon or should I mention this to my rep ASAP?

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
So barring any delivery delays, I will be taking delivery of my Model 3 tomorrow afternoon. I feel bad for the Tesla rep as I've been making a number of last minute adjustments. On Friday I updated my insurance information, on Tuesday I switched from Tesla financing to a local credit union, and yesterday I just decided "I'll go to CarMax" not expecting anything to change as the trade value Tesla was giving for my current car was REALLY good... I left CarMax with a value that was $250 more than what Tesla is offering. While $250 isn't significant I would also argue that because it isn't significant then Tesla should be able to match it pretty easily so I sent my rep an email about it yesterday. I haven't heard back from my rep on the matter yet but I logged into my Tesla account this morning and checked out the Overview for the breakdown on the cost of everything and my Tesla trade value for my car is now missing... which I guess means they couldn't match the trade value?

Oh also, it's looking like I may be able to do a much larger down payment than I was originally anticipating. Should I just show up tomorrow with more money in tow than was agreed upon or should I mention this to my rep ASAP?

Tesla matches Carmax. Provide them the quote. You're better off trading with tesla because you also get sales tax discount as the car trade in lowers the price of the new car purchase so you get taxed less.

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any indication of a HUD coming to the Model 3?

As an owner I really hope not. It would be completely unnecessary. The car literally controls itself in all regards. From wipers, to driving, to cabin temperature I set it to auto and sit back. The car is amazing.

I just drove it from NY to Orlando Florida and the Supercharger network is incredible.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I got a call from Tesla, but they didn't leave a message or anything. I didn't pick up because I don't know the number. Could it be my baby is coming home sooner than I thought? I haven't received any emails though.

I assume maybe it's the loan thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Test drove a performance Model 3 for shits and giggles a few days ago. That thing is fast. I already felt the RWD model 3 has plenty of pick up but the P model is another level altogether. Haven't driven a P100DL before though. Wasn't quite the same as a sport bike, but about a close as I've been in a car.

The 20" sport wheels were a bit more sensitive then the base 18"s. To be honest, I kinda prefer the feel of the 18"s. If I end up swapping up in the future, I'd totally go the sleeper route by foregoing the performance package.

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I totally was thinking to myself the same thing. "If I don't get the Performance Upgrade Package with the clearly visible 20" wheels and the spoiler, I'll have a sleeper and people will be shocked after they get rekt."

I actually like the darker rims on the 18" wheels if you remove the aero caps. For road trips I'll throw the aero caps on but for daily driving I'll leave them off so I can see the rims underneath.

George c

Dec 1, 2017
My delivery date was supposed to be September 5. But then my Tesla rep emailed me a few days ago to tell me they are moving the date... up to August 26! I can't believe I'm finally going to get my RWD Black Metallic Model 3!

The best financing I can get is 3.59% at 72 months so I'm going through Tesla's financing partner for that. Also the trade in value of my Nissan Leaf is lower than I wanted.

I feel like a nesting parent because I hired an electrician to install a 50 amp 220 volt outlet in my garage over the weekend. I had a wall mounted charger from Nissan that I never installed, so I'll sell that at some point. Getting excited!

Did you check xceed credit union? I got 84 months at 3.0 in June

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used Lightstream, give them a try. Another common recommendation is Pentagon Federal Credit Union, and no you don't need to actually be a government employee to join.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Fuuuuuuuu, I just test drive a Performance Model 3 and I'm really having a hard time restraining myself from spending lots of money! So, so fun. Like driving a rollercoaster!

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Fuuuuuuuu, I just test drive a Performance Model 3 and I'm really having a hard time restraining myself from spending lots of money! So, so fun. Like driving a rollercoaster!

Yeah I don't think I ever want to drive a performance version as I don't want a reason to be sad about RWD (Which I love)

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I got my car and it's amazing! There were just a couple paint blemished on the front bumper (which they said they would take care of) but otherwise it's an amazing car! I guess my electric company (Illuminating Company) doesn't offer special EV charging rates so I'm not looking forward to my electric bill but I guess it is what it is. Also this sound system isn't bad. Not bad at all.

Last edited:

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017

I checked them out and got a pre-approval. For 72 months, they can go as low as 3.4% with an asterisk compared to the definite 3.59% with Tesla. My loan calculator says I would be saving $4/month if I get the best case scenario APR. Would it be worth the risk to try for Xceed Credit Union? I'd have to rush to get all the paperwork filled out in the next 24 hours whereas my loan approval is ready to go with Tesla.

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things are happening in P3D Land. Orders are being updated to say delivery by October. If you have a pending P3D order, check your Tesla account page!

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
So if I fill out the form from Tesla, that's just a pre-approval and not an actual agreement, meaning I can go with a FCU instead?

I may go with this for 48 months, although 36 sounds appealing, just crazy without me switching to a new job or having a roommate.

https://www.towerfcu.org/borrow/loan-rates/

I'm actually surprised that my delivery date came up so soon, especially since I got the white interior.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Why is audio from your phone just super quiet? The volume is fine when I'm just driving around town but on the freeway anything playing off of my phone is just impossible to hear (even when the volume is cranked to the max).

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got some rain and slick streets... I've pulled a couple of fishtails without trying. How's anyone else's experience driving in the rain?