• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Hurry up and release a black headliner! I want this car but the beige headliner with either the black or white interior looks terrible.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since the 9.0 update, the audio from my iPhone via Bluetooth has been acting up. Every 5-10 minutes, the sound just crackles out or disappears for up to 15 seconds at a time. It is very annoying. It never behaved this way before 9.0. I tested audio from streaming and radio and there were no issues.

Anyone else experience issues with audio from their phone?

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
Not from my phone, but random crackling every now and thing has been an occasional occurrence since I got my car.

At this point I feel their developers are constantly putting out so many large fires that they haven't had much time to address minor issues.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the 9.0 update, the audio from my iPhone via Bluetooth has been acting up. Every 5-10 minutes, the sound just crackles out or disappears for up to 15 seconds at a time. It is very annoying. It never behaved this way before 9.0. I tested audio from streaming and radio and there were no issues.

Anyone else experience issues with audio from their phone?

No... You probably already tried this but did you try rebooting the touchscreen? Hold the scroll wheels in until the system reboots...

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
New Medium Range model added to the design center.

RW Long Range discontinued next week.

I2PtYEL.jpg

Not this is NOT the 35k standard range version. That is still a few months away and will have a range of 220.

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
My dash cam icon now has a grey "x" on it meaning it's not working anymore. Anyone else run into this issue?

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
My dash cam icon now has a grey "x" on it meaning it's not working anymore. Anyone else run into this issue?

It seems like it doesn't shut down cleanly when the car shuts down. You can either long press the cam icon to pause it when you park (and do the same when you return to the car to restart recording) or pull the thumb drive when this happens and repair the file system on a PC to get it working again.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I2PtYEL.jpg

Not this is NOT the 35k standard range version. That is still a few months away and will have a range of 220.

well shit looks like I'm gonna have to pull the trigger. This is a good deal. HOPEFULLY i still get the federal tax credit.

Edit: the deed is done. whewww.

Also I'm planning on outside financing, but the option to do it outside Tesla did not show up. Can I still fill out the application for tesla and decline it, and go with my credit union/bank?

Last edited:

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like it doesn't shut down cleanly when the car shuts down. You can either long press the cam icon to pause it when you park (and do the same when you return to the car to restart recording) or pull the thumb drive when this happens and repair the file system on a PC to get it working again.

I'll give a shot, thanks!

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
well shit looks like I'm gonna have to pull the trigger. This is a good deal. HOPEFULLY i still get the federal tax credit.

Edit: the deed is done. whewww.

Also I'm planning on outside financing, but the option to do it outside Tesla did not show up. Can I still fill out the application for tesla and decline it, and go with my credit union/bank?

Congrats. You will love it

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When reached by Road & Track, a Tesla spokesperson said, "the deadline we added to the website was simply the date by which customers can custom order a vehicle and we can guarantee they'll have access to the full tax credit, if they're eligible. But it does not necessarily mean that customers who order after that date will not have access to the full credit. All customers who take delivery of their vehicle before the end of the year will be able to apply for the full credit, and we will continue to work to deliver as many cars as possible this quarter, even if an order is placed after the deadline."
Hoping they can still deliver mine before EOY.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks! Got midnight silver, white interior and the big wheel

compositor

Very nice, same configuration I will most likely go with. I had my heart set on metallic silver sadly... But after going and test driving last week and seeing all the colors on the lot, the midnight silver is absolutely stunning. The white seats are gorgeous as well.

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
My car got seriously rear ended... had to get towed.

Worried it'll take some time to get it fixed up and back in the road.

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it really blows.

The other driver will get full fault for the collision.

Taking it to a Tesla approved auto body shop tomorrow to find out what the damage is.

Araex

Oct 27, 2017
How's everyone's battery on Model 3 doing? I've had mine since July with 2000+ miles on it. Suddenly one night this week, my 80% SOC dropped from 247mi to 243mi, implying 2% battery degradation. I always knew to expect degradation, but I'm still a little shocked that it would show up suddenly.

And FYI anyone who's ordering a Model 3, Tesla recently updated the referral program to include all Model 3s, not just the performance model. So if you know anyone who owns a Tesla (or message owners in this thread /wink), you can use their referral code to get six months of free supercharging.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere

I2PtYEL.jpg

That's actually kind of interesting. I think 260 mi is pretty good, since 220 would be so low unless you're able to charge at your own home.

I kinda wish they had this model a few months ago. It would have saved me $10k. :p

Also, I notice that they don't have the full self-driving option on there any more.

rinker

Oct 28, 2017
Based on the recent configuration changes, I'm skeptical that dual motor will be available with the standard battery (at least initially) - has there been any word on that or anyone have a different feeling?

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When will I get a call from Tesla rep? I reserved last Thursday. Thinking I should give them a call tomorrow morning.

Yuri_G

Oct 30, 2017
How's everyone's battery on Model 3 doing? I've had mine since July with 2000+ miles on it. Suddenly one night this week, my 80% SOC dropped from 247mi to 243mi, implying 2% battery degradation. I always knew to expect degradation, but I'm still a little shocked that it would show up suddenly.

And FYI anyone who's ordering a Model 3, Tesla recently updated the referral program to include all Model 3s, not just the performance model. So if you know anyone who owns a Tesla (or message owners in this thread /wink), you can use their referral code to get six months of free supercharging.

Most of the degradation will happen in the first 100k miles or so. That said, there's no way to know how much the battery has degraded unless the battery pack is balanced, so I wouldn't worry too much unless you are charging to 100% often and discharging close to 0. Here's an article on Model S and X degradation. The results are very good!

https://insideevs.com/lets-look-at-tesla-model-s-x-battery-degradation/

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I thought they'd call to get finances sorted? I'm gonna be financing through an external bank.
They send you an email asking you about that, too.

I think in your account, you can put your external bank's info at that point.

If you go with a third party, you'll be able to transfer your down payment, too. Then you'll get the details for how your third party will send Tesla their portion of the money. Otherwise, the third party will know what to do, but you need to make sure you finish your loan info with them.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017

I believe that the estimated amount is also based on your driving style the past drives, so slightly possible you are just hard off the line all the time?

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that the estimated amount is also based on your driving style the past drives, so slightly possible you are just hard off the line all the time?

Actually unlike many other manufacturers, the range meter in Teslas is pretty much straight kwh * EPA rating to calculate miles, or in other words, it doesn't take your driving style into account at all.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
So . . . I've been driving a Model S.

I took my Model 3 in for a service, so I have an S loaner the entire weekend. I can only say that it feels so weird! I don't know how to explain it. I've only ever driven the 3, never an S or X.

I really miss the auto steering. It's disappointing that the loaner doesn't have it; I could only find cruise control.

The one thing I do like about it so far is the air suspension. I feel like my Model 3 (AWD) is a bit shaky and bumpy, so getting that as an upgrade would be worth it.

Other than that, I actually prefer my Model 3. The interior is so minimalist compared to the S, that I feel like I'm driving a car from the future. It's just a wheel and a simple screen. You really don't need much more. I will say that I do prefer the S's integration of its tablet as part of the front panel. The 3's looks a little funny now, because it sticks out away from the main panel.

Anyway, I'm just rambling.

The S definitely feels bigger and wider and heavier, even if it can speed up quickly, it doesn't have the unf that I get when I press down on the pedal driving my 3. Maybe that's just because it's a 75D or something.

I think future iterations of the three would:
  1. Integrate the tablet better into the front panel
  2. Air suspension
  3. More luxury feel
  4. Bigger steering wheel (maybe just because I'm a tall person with larger hands, but the steering wheel feels so small, especially compared to the S)
Also, as a tall person, I appreciate that the S lets you have the seat back while also having it higher up. The 3 only lets me have the seat back, but as it goes back it also goes down, which is not what I want.

And it looks like Elon is going to make things right for people who are upset.

Can I get a $500 refund now that the white interior is only $1k and not $1.5k? :P

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Man what is up with these random price changes? It just looks amateur. First a MR introduction with $5k off from $49k. Then three days later it's revised to $4k with price honor for $5k'ers. Now this $5k off Performance with rebates for early adopters. So messy.
I'm sure they're just fine tuning pricing to maximize profit. It's a bad look I think though.