• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to do a 'split screen' where you show the navigation map and the rear view camera?

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
finally, its hereeeeeeeeeee

img_20181212_150806waemf.jpg

Still getting used to regen braking tho. My initial drive makes me think the regen braking requires you to constantly press the pedal more, leading to leg exhaustion. Other than that, its a dream to drive! Getting used to auto-locking. Super paranoid about other people's cars and parking (especially door dings).

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
finally, its hereeeeeeeeeee

img_20181212_150806waemf.jpg

Still getting used to regen braking tho. My initial drive makes me think the regen braking requires you to constantly press the pedal more, leading to leg exhaustion. Other than that, its a dream to drive! Getting used to auto-locking. Super paranoid about other people's cars and parking (especially door dings).

Congrats! :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Man what's up with the winter battery drain. My 27 mile commute to work ate about 39-40 miles of battery range? I did have heater on from time to time (but no more than 10 minutes max).

Also, is there place where I can download my driving history and do some analysis on battery drain?

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Man what's up with the winter battery drain. My 27 mile commute to work ate about 39-40 miles of battery range? I did have heater on from time to time (but no more than 10 minutes max).

Also, is there place where I can download my driving history and do some analysis on battery drain?
I'm sure there is. There's an api you can use, I know some people who control their Tesla with powershell.

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017

I'm guessing you've already looked at the energy app in-car?

If you're only running the heat for 10 minutes, you're probably wasting a ton of energy for the system to heat up, but then to not run that long.

Using the seat heaters would be a more efficient option, especially when the update that lets you turn them on from the mobile app comes online.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Got an update from Tesla yesterday. Pole Position is now available to play! USB controllers can be plugged in now. I can see superchargers on my mobile app now! Climate control can run in your car until it reaches 20% battery.

Most importantly, an emissions test mode was introduced. It now adds the capability for the vehicle to fart. Elon why?

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
someone on twitter just told me i needed to get a tesla, they didnt know i already am getting one. He told me there is a powershell module for tesla. But its just a restAPI so if you know python, powershell or some other language you can easily create your own stuff if you want to.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
man, is this thread dead or what?

i rode in my moms bmw 3 series today, it made me appreciate the model 3's front windhield. Something i never thought i would care about. also the model 3 seats were more comfortable, straight up. and her car doesnt even have the ventiliated seats, which i've found has to take away a lot of cushion to function properly.

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
2+ months later - my car is ready for pickup after the rear ender! One of the tail lights is still back ordered so that'll have to be fixed later, but I'm super excited to give this Corolla back and grab my car tomorrow!

I was dreading it would still take a couple more months, it still may for the tail light.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
2+ months later - my car is ready for pickup after the rear ender! One of the tail lights is still back ordered so that'll have to be fixed later, but I'm super excited to give this Corolla back and grab my car tomorrow!

I was dreading it would still take a couple more months, it still may for the tail light.

Damn that's a long time. Enjoy yourself tomorrow. :)

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Below is a stream recorded with Sandy Munro (of Munro and Associates) who did the tear down of the Model 3 that got a lot of attention. For those who don't know, the initial report was fairly negative towards the car, but he later changed tune to a large extent a later when delving deeper into it. There's also a guy from Forbes and the two regular hosts.

It's a long stream but the majority of it is on Tesla and has some interesting insights.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Below is a stream recorded with Sandy Munro (of Munro and Associates) who did the tear down of the Model 3 that got a lot of attention. For those who don't know, the initial report was fairly negative towards the car, but he later changed tune to a large extent a later when delving deeper into it. There's also a guy from Forbes and the two regular hosts.

It's a long stream but the majority of it is on Tesla and has some interesting insights.

At the end of the day, thanks for sharing this

I had a spare hour and a half to watch this. The part about the motor magnet was fascinating. Also the motor being lighter, cheaper and out performing every other motor was definitely interesting.

Same with the super bottle. What he described about the fiefdoms at the car companies makes so much sense. Every large company I've entered is hampered by the same shit like that. Stuff I could do in five minutes takes days for approval for some other department to do because, reasons.

At the end of the day, they were all pretty gushy over the model 3. And I thought it was pretty cool two of Munroe guys went out and bought one after tearing it down. I do question why they put out that negative video if they weren't even done with their assessment yet. That was the video everyone either loved or hated depending on your love or hate of Tesla.

On the steel under the battery I wonder if that's there to prevent something from ripping the underside of the battery and causing a fire. I thought someone might mention that, but no one did.

At the end of the day, good watch. Would recommend if you have the spare time

at the end of the day

PS the guy on the right, David Welch I think? Did he used to be on the car and driver show? I recognize is voice and can't place where I know him from. My dad used to watch Car and driver religiously when I was in high school.

PPS Sandy needs to stop saying at the end of the day.

Oct 27, 2017
Had my Model 3 delivered Dec 29th. Absolutely love it. Never say never, but i don't see how i could ever go back to a gas powered car ever again.

I plan to go to New Mexico in it in a few months, driving from Denton Tx (just north of Dallas). Any tips for long road trips? Already have Plug and Share app ready and Tesla has me covered with Super Chargers, but i'm still a tad worried about getting ICE'd and stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Autopilot 3.0 to be included from day one in European Model 3 as well as a second radar?

Crossing my fingers as I'm part of the first batch of European deliveries (receiving mine at the earliest on February 17th as they contacted me but more likely March).

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Planning on painting my calipers red on my long-range model 3. Here's a pretty good guide for how to do it yourself: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/painting-the-brake-calipers-is-not-that-difficult.9372/

Expecting my car next month. Will apply a chrome-delete job so the end result will probably be identical to this:

edit: Actually, I think I will go caliper covers. More expensive then painting obviously but super quick installation and doesn't put into-question warranty issues (as I can just remove them before service unlike paint) : https://evannex.com/products/caliper-covers-for-tesla-model-3#tab-0

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised. They seem really reticent to remove the "premium" package. Whether that's because it would slow production to have it as an option, needing to set up another production line, or because it's a good earner/good margins. I imagine it's probably a bit of both.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
It's not possible to order a Tesla at the moment (X, S or 3). It only states "The wait is almost over"...
News should be in an hour and fifteen minutes from now. AutoPilot 3.0 hardware or SuperCharger 3.0 news perhaps? The few Model 3's delivered in Europe has yet to have any autopilot function activated...

Also the page sais: "Great things are launching at 2pm"

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i was playing with the website, and i clicked order now on model 3, and standard range is an option, with standard interior, starting at 26.9k after their incentives and stuff. 35k starting price.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a new partial premium interior, too.

Standard Interior Includes:
  • Manual seat and steering adjustment
  • Cloth seats and base trim
  • Basic audio
  • Standard maps and navigation
  • Center console with storage and 4 USB ports
Partial Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • Standard maps & navigation
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • Satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization and navigation
  • In-car internet streaming music & media
  • Internet browser
  • Location-aware automatic garage door opener
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
All Interiors Include:
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Interesting that they decided to give all trim levels the glass roof, maybe the metal roof they mentioned earlier wasn't actually going to save them much money.

There's actually a new battery configuration (Standard = 220mi, Standard Range+ = 240mi, Mid Range = 264mi, Long Range = 310mi)

Says delivery timing is 2 weeks for standard range...website seems pretty busy now (got a bunch of errors before it loaded)

Interesting, Model S and X order pages still go to the placeholder "soon" page...(Edit: and they're back, not sure if anything changed there)

Last edited:

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yeah, there's a new partial premium interior, too.

Interesting that they decided to give all trim levels the glass roof, maybe the metal roof wasn't actually saving them much money.

Says delivery timing is 2 weeks for standard range...website seems pretty busy now (got a bunch of errors before it loaded)
there's also autopilot and Full self Driving capability.

autpilot is 3k and FSD is 5k 7k if purchased after delivery.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Wow the dual motor with white interior and auto pilot and silver paint I was going to order that was 63k in December is now 52k... Really glad I waited, massive price drops across the board. Long range starts at 43k now, dual motor starts at 47k

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So, $43,000 baseline for full self driving (whenever / if ever it launches). That's getting very close to something I can afford. I expect to be in the market for a car come 2021.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the dual motor with white interior and auto pilot and silver paint I was going to order that was 63k in December is now 52k... Really glad I waited, massive price drops across the board. Long range starts at 43k now, dual motor starts at 47k

Did you notice that there is no longer an "Enhanced Autopilot" option, only an "Autopilot" option?

Basically the "Enhanced" stuff like Navigate on Autopilot, Summon, and Autopark are now part of the "Full self driving" option...

I'm guessing they did this because you literally got no new functionality that worked right now if you ordered "Full self driving" in the past.