• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goldtones

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hate to break it to you, but the U.S. is not "the world" and trucks are not individual transport but commercial vehicles. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with blurping out your PR speak to promote luxury products here, you'd realize that all you are accomplish shilling for such a company is making damn sure the status quo remains - a status quo of a nation relying on cars, something that is NOT normal in the world, something that didn't used to be normal in the US either until the car industry, the very same industry you are staning for, started their lobbying efforts to get were you guys are right now.
Guess what, not everyone lives in a city in other countries, yet most people enjoy proper public transport options. No sorry, but your Tesla is no solution for anything, It's just prolonging the transition to a real solution, while making some buck for dear Elon.
Thanks for the ridiculous PR speak at the end though, I really enjoyed it

nah, that would be elon musk

It's not like other countries don't have cars, even countries with with amazing public transportation have tons of cars. If USA got to Japan levels of car ownership overnight that wouldn't even be close to good enough. Your argument is really nonsensical. If we want to stop climate change we will need electric cars.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
looks neat.

I'd buy one but they need to make fake grills for the front..

also, I don't have the funds at all. Thats the second reason mainly.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
It ain't pretty, and I thought it was supposed to be a truck? Maybe it changed awhile back and I didn't know

The truck is revealed later this year and hasn't been named yet.
Guess what, not everyone lives in a city in other countries, yet most people enjoy proper public transport options. No sorry, but your Tesla is no solution for anything, It's just prolonging the transition to a real solution, while making some buck for dear Elon.

I'll be long dead by the time real public transport arrives in my city so like a lot of us I don't have a real choice.

Mar 9, 2019
Love my Model 3.
Worth it? I think so.
Pros? Fun to drive
Cons? My wife complains that she doesn't get to drive the Tesla as much as I do
Self driving? Self Driving stuff hasn't rolled out yet. Only thing we have right now is Enhanced Auto Pilot, which I think is good stuff, but the price tag is a bit steep.

Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.
Coming later this year:
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I hate to break it to you, but the U.S. is not "the world" and trucks are not individual transport but commercial vehicles. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with blurping out your PR speak to promote luxury products here, you'd realize that all you are accomplish shilling for such a company is making damn sure the status quo remains - a status quo of a nation relying on cars, something that is NOT normal in the world, something that didn't used to be normal in the US either until the car industry, the very same industry you are staning for, started their lobbying efforts to get were you guys are right now.

nah, that would be elon musk

Ok to put this another way, you're basically a Bernie bro that refuses to vote for Clinton, congratulations you're ensuring Trump(the oil and gas industry) wins.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Anyone who owns a Model 3

Is it worth it ? Pros ? Cons ? All self driving shit worth it ?
love it
pros ridiculously fun to drive
no more gas station trips
cheaper than gas
the instant torque is amazing and addicting
the screen, car controls and infotainment are leaps and bounds better than any other car ive ever been in. Example, our 2016 kia sedona takes forever to hook up to my cell phone, it then asks EVERY FUCKING TIME if i want to make my phone the default. I select yes and it says in almost the slowest way possible "the contacts download has started, some phones may require additional confirmation" all the while this mutes the radio. Meanwhile the tesla has my phone ready to play music from instantly. The infotainment on my kia and my moms bmw are super slow, where as the tesla is super fast and responsive. There's no reason for this other than other manufacturers cheap out on the processing power. There's nothing special about tesla putting in better processors.
can i tell you how much love not having air condition vent grates all over the dashboard? Something i didnt think i would care about but the ventilation implementation is actually quite awesome. I can simply control where the air goes with the tap of my finger.

con
the frunk wont shut on the first try, its kind of annoying.
my wife gets to drive it more than i do.

yea instead of doing something like switching to electric cars we should make whole sale changes to the entire united states, completely redesigning all major cities by destroying peoples existing homes and businesses, sounds feasible. Where can i sign up?

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.
Coming later this year:
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.
The strange thing about what you quoted from tesla site is available for EAP now. The two bullets coming later are self driving and not for EAP.