• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Here is a comparison pic.

f8lh6dfil7m21.jpg

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm surprised how long it's going to take to start making them given how similar to the 3 it looks
Where did you see any info that?

Anyway I had previously seen they were going to start production ramp in late 2019. Also it's going to be built at the gigafactory because Fremont is at capacity with the S, X and 3

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you see any info that?

Anyway I had previously seen they were going to start production ramp in late 2019. Also it's going to be built at the gigafactory because Fremont is at capacity with the S, X and 3

It was in the presentation.. Premium models start fall 2020, cheapest model is spring 2021

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they come out with a transit/sprinter like van next. This would be great of businesses.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Not too into the looks of this at all. Idk, will have to see it in person I guess but disappointed at the moment.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
No chrome by default it seems (except for the shiny sport wheels).
I am applying a chrome delete on my new Model 3 that I'm receiving next week.

Surprised at the late production start for Model Y. Late 2020/2021. 75% of the parts are shared with Model 3 after all.

Camoxide

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
UK
No chrome by default it seems (except for the shiny sport wheels).
I am applying a chrome delete on my new Model 3 that I'm receiving next week.

Surprised at the late production start for Model Y. Late 2020/2021. 75% of the parts are shared with Model 3 after all.
It's going to be made at the Gigafactor which doesn't have a production line yet.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Wow this is best part of the whole thing 1 solid peice with no bar in middle like the 3

Last edited:

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Wow it looks underwhelming....
Tesla really need to create unique designs with their new models cause this design is getting old. You can't just make 4 car models look exactly the same just different size and little different shape.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow it looks underwhelming....
Tesla really need to create unique designs with their new models cause this design is getting old. You can't just make 4 car models look exactly the same just different size and little different shape.
You realize that's how car manufacturers work?

I just hope I can buy an affordable EV in about 6-8 years maybe, that is big enough for my family.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

MKBHD does better job unveiling in 7 mins than Elon in 30 lol. Lots of good shots of it in action in test drive

Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I agree, these coupe like SUVs look like terrible I think. Every time I see one of these on the street I'm like: why would you buy such an ugly car lol

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You realize that's how car manufacturers work?
All Camaros look the same? All Lambos look the same? Come on now.

Even when manufacturers have different vehicle types, the design/silhouettes have significantly more differences than what Tesla has done here. The Camry and Prius don't look exactly the same so the poster is justified in their criticism.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yes, almost all car manufacturers use the same design language for all their cars if it makes any sense. A SUV will of course look different than a hyper sports car.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Really cool that this is a 7 seater, but the cheapness of the X's Interior has turned me off form considering any of those cars at their respective price points.

I think I'll get a plug in hybrid this year and hope electric has really taken off in a few more years.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh this will follow a lot from the model 3. Why would you expect anything different?

If you followed the Model Y rumors over the years, up until recently the form factor of the car couldn't even be agreed upon (not long ago it was still rumored by some to be the truck). Not until Elon's recent tweets was there really anything tangible about price and features. I (and many others) were hoping for a more mature car, closer to the S/X in terms of infotainment. I'm impressed with the 7 seater option but would really love to see some sort of blend between the 3/Y and S/X instrumentation cluster configurations. Many Tesla owners have "gotten used" to the single panel system, but it's also the biggest complaint of the Tesla owners I personally know, as well as those who I follow on social media.

Like all Tesla announcements I'll just have to let this bake until there's (hopefully) some more improvements/options down the line.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

Better shots of the rear and one on display in white... It was hard to see the size difference with the 3 from the front

So.. like an X6? lol

Looks pretty damn good given that crossovers are perhaps the ugliest category of vehicles across the board (X6 perhaps one of the worst offenders). Still not crazy about the Model 3 styling and would prefer they go more with S/X styling, but c'est la vie.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
im surprised its not coming out till next year. all the rumours had said late 2019 for starting production.

Model 3 remains top of my list for my next car once my current lease is up.
can't recommend it enough. Its an amazing car.

So.. like an X6? lol

Looks pretty damn good given that crossovers are perhaps the ugliest category of vehicles across the board (X6 perhaps one of the worst offenders). Still not crazy about the Model 3 styling and would prefer they go more with S/X styling, but c'est la vie.
which is funny cause suv crossovers are the top selling cars in the US. I've personally seen much uglier crossovers than the Y.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It looks OK, closer to the tall coupe template of the X2/4/6. I was hoping for something with a squarer backend for more space and practicality tbh.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Better shots of the rear and one on display in white... It was hard to see the size difference with the 3 from the front

lol comparing that thing to an m3 is an insult to the m3.

the model 3 is butt ugly, and the model S is pretty ugly. though, i do kind of like the looks of the model X, the roadster (though it still looks worse than the new Z4), and this new crossover. still, they all look like rockstar games's/chinese knockoff takes on porsches. styling is not tesla's strong point.

i was lucky enough to spend a few days driving the model S. super luxurious, incredible tech on the inside, comfortable, insane acceleration, and feels like you're floating the entire drive. the touchscreen panel was unexpectedly awesome. though, after the charm of the crazy acceleration wears off, it's really a total snooze of a car after the first few hours. not the kind of car i'm into.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate to break it to you but the world runs on cars and trucks and nothing is going to change that. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with hating Elon Musk, you would understand that all you are accomplishing posting crap like this around the internet is making damn sure the status quo remains. That status quo is 1/3 of the carbon in atmosphere is caused by transportation and 4 million people die every year due to vehicle emissions and countless others suffer...congratulations. Public transport and trains etc are a wonderful great thing...but not everyone lives in citys and that is not the world we live in and never will be and you know it, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Tesla is leading the push to have every single car, truck, and semi on the road all electric and powered by solar... That would be a great thing for the world that is realistic and can happen relatively soon... Why do people like you seem to want to do everything in your power to stop it?

I hate to break it to you, but the U.S. is not "the world" and trucks are not individual transport but commercial vehicles. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with blurping out your PR speak to promote luxury products here, you'd realize that all you are accomplish shilling for such a company is making damn sure the status quo remains - a status quo of a nation relying on cars, something that is NOT normal in the world, something that didn't used to be normal in the US either until the car industry, the very same industry you are staning for, started their lobbying efforts to get were you guys are right now.
Guess what, not everyone lives in a city in other countries, yet most people enjoy proper public transport options. No sorry, but your Tesla is no solution for anything, It's just prolonging the transition to a real solution, while making some buck for dear Elon.
Thanks for the ridiculous PR speak at the end though, I really enjoyed it

Cool. Is that guy like the Ryno23 of Twitter?

nah, that would be elon musk

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Anyone who owns a Model 3

Is it worth it ? Pros ? Cons ? All self driving shit worth it ?

Love my Model 3.
Worth it? I think so.
Pros? Fun to drive
Cons? My wife complains that she doesn't get to drive the Tesla as much as I do
Self driving? Self Driving stuff hasn't rolled out yet. Only thing we have right now is Enhanced Auto Pilot, which I think is good stuff, but the price tag is a bit steep.