• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Game: *takes forever to be made*
Dev: *Our priority right now is to make a high quality render of an xbox controller in the rain for the options menu because reasons*

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
surprised Era is mildly interested in this game, the guy behind it is a far right pos
Word is MS pulled out of their deal, they were asking for investors last Jan
it was also PS4xPC when it was first revealed. Guess MS pulled out of the deal after the author's views were exposed

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Wow that dude who hates women is *checks the original tweets again* pretty good at doing ambient occlusion I guess. Wahoo. So hype. Stick that shit directly into my brain.

A 3d Xbox controller in the neon rain is such a gamers tweet

This is exactly the sort of thing a guy who thinks games are getting too political while also pinning his name on a "Here's a dystopia about what would happen if women were in charge" would do, even though I don't actually know who this fuckface's name even is.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, it's not remotely a leap.

If the literal basis for your game is "what if feminism won," then you hate women.

There is no grey area here.
He treats the "what if EXTREME feminism was the law of the land?!" as some dystopian concept when in actuality it's just evidence for his extreme masculine insecurity.

In reality, a society that embraces feminism to its fullest potential is...

Wait for it...

Equal.

That's it, how boring right? No enslaved men, no dystopian horror, none of that ridiculous shit that only edgy neckbeards and internet incels fear.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's not remotely a leap.

If the literal basis for your game is "what if feminism won," then you hate women.

There is no grey area here.
What if feminism won (and also universal basic income and acceptance of non-binary genders and other progressive ideas), thus leading to a dystopian hellscape

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
His tweets about Holowka are an alt right play by play.
I don't know or care if he's changed, he's an asshole right now.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
No.
He had a some controversial tweets regarding GamerGate and against diversity, etc.

He apologized for that. It doesn't mean that he does not think that anymore, but people can change you know. Specially when those tweets are from like 5 or 6 years ago. I do not support those type of comments, but people deserve a second chance in cases like this imo.

Otherwise and ever since he's been really cool, at least on social media.

He said this game was about a dystopia created by PC culture gone amuck, no? How do you separate that out?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
What do people find so incredible about this game besides the art style? The gamejam demo from 2014 looks boring, and the creator/lead dev is a gamer gate POS.
He said this game was about a dystopia created by PC culture gone amuck, no? How do you separate that out?
He also was on twitter asking the person who created "vivian james" (gamergate mascot comic girl) if he could use her as a character in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm fine or even interested in a leftist person's story on leftism gone awry or a progressive dystopia. I just don't have any interest in that story from some GG guy who has incel tier views on women.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to see what is so special about this game other than the visuals are pretty cool.

Are they any closer to showcasing that or are all we going to get is arbitrary distractions like this?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to see what is so special about this game other than the visuals are pretty cool.

Are they any closer to showcasing that or are all we going to get is arbitrary distractions like this?
Before all the dev's bs got exposed, a few things were exciting about the game. Granted, all of those aspects were promises and early dev stuff, and I have little faith that the game will actually achieve any of this or will even release

- An open world cinematic platformer in the vein of Another World and Flashback, with a 3D world explored from a 2D perspective
- A clockwork, day-in-the-life narrative approach. Short time frame, routines, on-the-street small scale, etc
- An interaction system where you could draw your weapon at any time during dialogue
- Gameplay systems involving stealth, shooting, chases, etc

At least for me, the promise of a small-scale, single-day, low-level enforcer cyberpunk cinematic platformer with a heavy narrative focus was really appealing

Thankfully on the unorthodox cinematic platformer front, there are other promising games to replace this. I'm cautiously anticipating Somerville

Last edited:

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
To those commenting that these threads just bring more potential sales towards a horrible person's creation, I think it's a valid trade-off on a progressive forum where it's more likely that this thread highlights very problematic elements surrounding ( and part of) the game.
The first A-hole creator controversy that pushed me to start paying more attention to what I consume was this editorial written by Christian Nutt 10 years ago Shadow complex controversy , I just happened upon it in a thread for the game at the old place.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what the point of these tweets are, but the game looks sick. Can't wait to play it.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
gamergate apologists: "you gotta separate the art from the artist"
gamergater makes game with gamergate philosophy
gamergate apologists: "you gotta separate the art from the art"

LoneWolfHunter

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
I thought this game died because of financial problems. Glad to see it's still being made

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
The extreme closeup looks great.
The slightly further out one reveals a pretty disappointing lighting system. Gives me original Xbox vibes.

But doing something like this is pretty revealing about this guy's craziness. Why?

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Games likely never coming out which is a shame, looked like a fun disaster in the making.