• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Finally did it after 28 games. This was totally one of the most rewarding gaming experiences ever.

DzgNHFCUcAAEPWt.jpg

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Don't quite understand all the mechanics, but I've been placing consistently in the teens to top 5, so I think I'll stay ignorant to them lest I start overthinking things. Really fun idea.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Whew I can't even get past like 20 now lol. I'm level 15 and everyone crushes you after 50 are left. Usually I accidentally hard drop and there goes the game. :(

Very addictive, I just wish I were better at this.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I was beasting in this match. Managed 23 KOs and eliminated the previous 10 before me. :D

DzgPupjUYAAAz9q.jpg

DzgPupxUwAMc9M-.jpg

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yeah the attacks at the end can super fuck you over in a matter of seconds, you gotta be able to blunt them by always being able to finish a line and having a clear board so you can take a few hits i think

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
My first game... I got number one. Pretty happy about that. Only have two criticisms:
-Not being able to turn off the preview of where the block will land is annoying.
-God damn the D-pad on the Pro controller is inadequate. So many times it's dropping blocks even though I haven't pressed up.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
nooo this shit is addicting, I got things to do, got 2nd on my 10th attempt but was not even close with the 1st, this game almost justifies NSO by itself.

Oct 27, 2017
I've played a bunch of tetris in my day but it's quickly becoming apparent I'm just an amateur. I need to push myself. I need to go further beyond.

lee n

Oct 26, 2017
I usually play Tetris TGM so it took a while getting used to SRS rotation, but now I'm winning a lot more.

37iUwoW7.png

EVfTdoug.png

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Game can absolutely get fucked every time you get to the top 5 with like 2 lines on the board and it suddenly adds 3/4 of a board under you. Fucking joke in those situations.

Also the loading music and time the 'Get Ready' message hangs around is rage inducing after some of the utter bullshit this game can throw.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Damn I keep getting 8th place! So close but going to keep trying till I hit number 1. Me and the girlfriend are super addicted, found my new drug to play at night before bed.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing I was 43rd

Personal best of the night was 6th

Those sudden attack can really screw you over :/

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeh, fuck this. The times where you just get effectively a whole board dropped on you out of nowhere within a couple of seconds is a tier of bullshit I can't be fucked with.

Seems to be a complete dice roll as to whether you make it to the top 10 with barely anyone attacking you or you get fucked at 60 because you have six people randomly shitting on you. Then the game doubles down because when you're then dumped on and are at the top you're now added to the KO list of having extra shit dropped on you.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Finally cracked the top 50. My progress is slow but I can feel ancient skills reawakening... :D

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Game can absolutely get fucked every time you get to the top 5 with like 2 lines on the board and it suddenly adds 3/4 of a board under you. Fucking joke in those situations.

Also the loading music and time the 'Get Ready' message hangs around is rage inducing after some of the utter bullshit this game can throw.
Late game has some people at 200% damage, meaning a back to back tetris does up to 20 lines, which is death (the board is 20 high). And it might just be me, but this game's damage system seems to HEAVILY favor giving you free Tetris shaped garbage, meaning back to back Tetris's are common. So late game is basically counter or die.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Played for a little more than an hour and I'm done with it. I managed to get first twice, but at the end of the day it's Tetris where people fuck with you. It's just not for me.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
And it might just be me, but this game's damage system seems to HEAVILY favor giving you free Tetris shaped garbage, meaning back to back Tetris's are common.
Because of this, I feel like it's often worth it to tank garbage during the early game as long as you're mindful of putting yourself in KO range.

You can gamble on building your stack faster by using the garbage lines for Tetrises, hopefully KOing weaker opponents more quickly in the process.

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
Whew I can't even get past like 20 now lol. I'm level 15 and everyone crushes you after 50 are left. Usually I accidentally hard drop and there goes the game. :(

Very addictive, I just wish I were better at this.

Everybody crushes me right from the start, within 30 seconds more than half of my screen is filled with grey lines. By the time my 6th block has dropped there are already 6 lines waiting to drop on my screen and there's nothing I can do about it. It's kinda dumb how you can get targeted by so many people at once, right off the bat. Much like any Battle Royale game, you need a big ass slice of luck to make it through.

They managed to make Tetris not fun, which is a pretty big achievement.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Before the game starts and like 10 people are already targeting you.

tumblr_mpd44rXliS1ssdhxio1_250.gif

THOU ART A CRUEL! AND ANGRY GOD!!!

Last edited:

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I recommend people who own puyopuyotetris to play big bang mode to practice on their skills with hard dropping and spinning.

I'm still having trouble setting up the spins but at least I know how to do them when I see the chance.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I won in my second game.

3 hours later I'm wrecked before even cracking 50. I don't play any battle royal but this is cool.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm not winning any games since yesterday, feels bad man.

Just got second after battling it out for minutes with another person, shit was intense!

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
The other day I had so many people targeting me and was set to attack back, my game was flashing stuff all over the screen as the battle went on, lit up like a warzone lol.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Everybody crushes me right from the start, within 30 seconds more than half of my screen is filled with grey lines. By the time my 6th block has dropped there are already 6 lines waiting to drop on my screen and there's nothing I can do about it. It's kinda dumb how you can get targeted by so many people at once, right off the bat. Much like any Battle Royale game, you need a big ass slice of luck to make it through.

They managed to make Tetris not fun, which is a pretty big achievement.
How? Sometimes it feels similar, but it isn't the norm. Maybe it helps to change your loadout?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Maybe Nintendo is eventually going to turn this into Tetris DS 2.

When you boot up the game, the legal disclaimers page has this:

"Certain new content developed by Nintendo, and any characters, sounds and video games originally owned by Nintendo: (C) 2019 Nintendo."

There aren't any Nintendo characters or sounds in the game... yet.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Game is great. Honestly if Nintendo did more bite sized games like this exclusive to NSO I'd be way happier than 30+ year old NES games.

Highest I've gotten was 5th and I was not prepared for that speed increase lol.

Might have to start playing undocked tho. The Pro controller dpad is not ideal. Which is werid cause I never had issues on Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I did it :D My fiancee came 2nd last night so we've had a rivalry going on

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game is great. Honestly if Nintendo did more bite sized games like this exclusive to NSO I'd be way happier than 30+ year old NES games.

Highest I've gotten was 5th and I was not prepared for that speed increase lol.

Might have to start playing undocked tho. The Pro controller dpad is not ideal. Which is werid cause I never had issues on Puyo Puyo Tetris.
You can also play docked with the joy-con grip or split joy-cons.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got 2nd place after a few playthrough. I'm a sucker for Tetris but this was more fun than any other Tetris iteration.

Also, a special shoutout to the Hori D-pad Joy-Con without which I would not be able to play this game. The Pro Controller works horrendously for this.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Highest I've gotten was 6th place, next 11th. This is the game that might get me to get online for Nintendo. I'm using the free 7 day thing right now.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Wumbotize is currently streaming with a 150+ winning streak, I'd rather take my chances against the entire continent of Asia in the night, than risking get paired up with him.