• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
My highest is 6th place so far, loving it! Have loved Tetris for so long but I never knew I wanted it to be a Battle Royale!

I only wish you could turn off shadow drop or whatever the thing is called where it shows you where the block gonna drop, honestly that is so distracting to me.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to see what a Tetris god playing this looks like, check out Amemiya's stream (live right now)

Amemiya was the winner of AnimEVO 2017's PPT tournaments, and even faced off 1v3 against #2-4 and still won the set with a single loss.

He's hit Rank 16 already, had 37 KOs in a single game, and has done at least 10+ straight wins.

I said wow.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Also Jonas Neubauer is playing live on Twitch.

Who is he?

He's a 7-time Tetris Classic World Champion

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I love it. Played just two games so far - it's bed time - but got an 11th place. It's Tetris but SUPER STRESSFULL and I adore it. YES.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
9th place my second game :)

Finally a BR game for old farts such as myself.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a GOTY contender. I don't care that it's only February.

(I still haven't gotten first in a single match yet. Came close. Have a few 2nd places wins.)

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I am so bad at this. I just get dogpiled. Best so far is 29th place.

EDIT: 16th

Last edited:

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I'm not 100%, but this is what i THINK the targeting does. You can decide where you want to send the garbage with the right stick. The 4 options are:

Random: Any random player.

K.O.s: The player with the most knockouts.

Badges: The player with the most badges. When a player gets a K.O., they are awarded badges based on how much they contributed to the K.O. (via throwing garbage at them). So it's possible for a player with 1 K.O. to have more badges than a player with several K.O.s

Attackers: The players attacking you. This also allows you to send garbage to multiple people since it targets EVERYONE targeting you.

Please correct me if I got this wrong, this is just my impression after watching some streams.
I think you're correct except for KOs, I believe that targets whoever the player next closest to being knocked out.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Made it to tenth, reliably make it to top 30 but that's also with no t spins(I need to go back to PPT's tutorials) and now it's dxm demo time. Oh also bots can fill out a room, they have an icon and are called cpu# for the curious

Speaking of events and added features, anyone else hoping the first events will be with ruleset like cascade, sticky and square? The former two are my faves and boy would that mix things up

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Best I've done is 12th in my three games. But I can tell this is super addicting haha

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck, GOTY and justifying Nintendo Online at the same time? (apart from online back up)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Feels a bit random in that if you are unlucky enough to be targeted by too many people at once that's pretty much game over.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait how do we know it's by Arika? They are not mentioned on the title screen.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to 50 on my first try, I was kind of trying to figure out what to do with the sticks so maybe I'll do better now that I know!

Oct 27, 2017
Most everyone has a green icon next to their name but someone had a blue. What type of Nintendo Online account does that signify?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Bleh, my best is still 2nd.

Need to stop screwing up my tspin setups once the speed increases.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Any solution to this? I was hovering top 10 most games then the last two I played I got piled on at ~60.

Switching your targeting to Random MIGHT help, if only because it ensures you aren't going to be targeted by those people for very long based on their targeting. If you stay on Attacker, you're basically committing to all of them since you'll be attacking them, and they'll stick on you if they're also on Attacker.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Utada Hikaru is playing this somewhere... wasn't she supposed to be uber good at Tetris?