• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
The gameboy theme is horrible. It is much harder to play and I can't turn off the gameboy theme. Looks like everyone is required to play the gameboy theme this weekend.

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
worth it for the music/sfx, and I can adjust/get used to it. nice nostalgia feelings too. played a bit extra after a couple of wins to hear the all clear sound

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Getting 100 points wasn't too bad. I somehow came in 2nd one game because no one was really attacking me, not sure how that happened considering I am not good at Tetris. lol

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I got my first ever T Spin today, and got another one lol. I was excited. Also, the more I tried after that, the more I screwed up and lost quickly lol.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I missed the GB theme! :( Man, what a bummer... I hope they make it available sometime in the future.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I struggled to get the Splatoon theme, got it in like 15-20 points increments... then as soon as I reached 100 and got the theme won 3 games in a row -_-

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I struggled to get the Splatoon theme, got it in like 15-20 points increments... then as soon as I reached 100 and got the theme won 3 games in a row -_-

Similar story with me. I haven't played in like 2 months, sad to see the game's issues (blocks dropping randomly, receiving rows even when you aren't targeted, the opponents' screens not matching what they're doing, etc.) are still there.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly forgot about the event and haven't played Tetris 99 in a month or two. Got 1st place on my first try. Was expecting a few matches to get into my rhythm but I guess that wasn't necessary.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Almost forgot, then first place first time. Very nice of the other players to be considerate of me.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I only got 1st place on my second attempt, I guess I just suck at this game. /s

I really like this skin, it just feels easier to read the game state and follow what's happening than the other skins.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Bumping the thread in spirit of the awesome new Maximus Cup theme (Fire Emblem).

I had the most bananas dogpile on me, I had 21 KOs and finished second overall. That feel when you realize you personally eliminated a quarter of the competition, LOL

silverhick

Oct 25, 2017
Did the game update at some point to reduce the number of attackers targeting you? I've been playing recently after a hiatus and haven't faced the same kind of certain doom like the old days.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I chose to use my tickets on the galaxy theme and I absolutely love it, it's just the blocks are really hard to see. I wonder if in the future they might give us the ability to choose our own customizable blocks.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopped back into the game to unlock the Kirby skin. I see that the "nobody is targeting you yet you are getting spammed with lines" glitch/exploit/whatever is still very present :\

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could get my head around consist performance in this game, every time I come back to it I just feel like it doesn't really matter how I play because I'm only decent at Tetris and not a full on pro.

Just last game I got screwed because someone targeted me, dropped back to back tetris on me then targeted away again, it took me near the top of my field but by a miracle I survived despite it leading to 7-8 people targeting me, cleared all the way back down to the bottom and ended up with 8 KOs by the time my screen was nearly clear but still I had 3 people targeting me, they all did tetrises and because I'd cleared my screen I had no way to counter them since I was trying to build lines and it just fucked me.

The only times I feel like I do well and make the top 10 are when I don't actually play very good Tetris...

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could get my head around consist performance in this game, every time I come back to it I just feel like it doesn't really matter how I play because I'm only decent at Tetris and not a full on pro.

Just last game I got screwed because someone targeted me, dropped back to back tetris on me then targeted away again, it took me near the top of my field but by a miracle I survived despite it leading to 7-8 people targeting me, cleared all the way back down to the bottom and ended up with 8 KOs by the time my screen was nearly clear but still I had 3 people targeting me, they all did tetrises and because I'd cleared my screen I had no way to counter them since I was trying to build lines and it just fucked me.

The only times I feel like I do well and make the top 10 are when I don't actually play very good Tetris...

Same here... I am awfully confused on how this game works at times.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The main issue is that there's no sign of balance or sense in this game. I mean, I see those Tetris God streamers who win like every match, but I am definitely top 1% when it comes to Tetris as I went hard on online competitions in the past, and yet the various matches are just baffling in the way they go. Sometimes you receive spam from others when not being targeted. I happened to watch people who are targetting me not do literally anything and yet still sending me like 16 rows of crap. Likewise, I had situations where I sent like 50 rows in a short timespan, and maybe 1/5th of those actually arrived on the opponents' screen - I know that if you destroy rows you also destroy the upcoming ones, but that's not always what happens. Throw in the fact the game still has some input issues, and it's a bit messy to this day. Played in the weekend to get the Kirby skin and it's baffling, really, when the game just decides to fuck me over with 20 rows of unwarranted spam and faulty inputs and kill me in 60th place or something, when on normal matches I am practically certain to arrive top 5. This game is so close to greatness but it's such an unprecise version of the Tetris formula that it's hard to find a reason to bother.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The main issue is that there's no sign of balance or sense in this game. I mean, I see those Tetris God streamers who win like every match, but I am definitely top 1% when it comes to Tetris as I went hard on online competitions in the past, and yet the various matches are just baffling in the way they go. Sometimes you receive spam from others when not being targeted. I happened to watch people who are targetting me not do literally anything and yet still sending me like 16 rows of crap. Likewise, I had situations where I sent like 50 rows in a short timespan, and maybe 1/5th of those actually arrived on the opponents' screen - I know that if you destroy rows you also destroy the upcoming ones, but that's not always what happens. Throw in the fact the game still has some input issues, and it's a bit messy to this day. Played in the weekend to get the Kirby skin and it's baffling, really, when the game just decides to fuck me over with 20 rows of unwarranted spam and faulty inputs and kill me in 60th place or something, when on normal matches I am practically certain to arrive top 5. This game is so close to greatness but it's such an unprecise version of the Tetris formula that it's hard to find a reason to bother.

glad I'm not the only one

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the bump, I'm having 2 friends coming over and want to have local 3p matches, but with 3 controllers connected when i create a new room in local arena, I cant find a way to add a cobtroller, i o ly have p1 as the host. Also with 3 controllers connected, when i click create a room i get an error message "local communication cannot be used because too many controllers connected. Return to home and connect only the controllers you wany to use" but I want to use all 3 (2 pro and 1 dual joycon) can someone help me understand what Im ddoing wrong to set this up please?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Sorry for the bump, I'm having 2 friends coming over and want to have local 3p matches, but with 3 controllers connected when i create a new room in local arena, I cant find a way to add a cobtroller, i o ly have p1 as the host. Also with 3 controllers connected, when i click create a room i get an error message "local communication cannot be used because too many controllers connected. Return to home and connect only the controllers you wany to use" but I want to use all 3 (2 pro and 1 dual joycon) can someone help me understand what Im ddoing wrong to set this up please?
The Local Arena mode is only to connect multiple Switches, right?
On a single Switch you can only play in 2-player mode, in the 2P Share Battle mode.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
The Local Arena mode is only to connect multiple Switches, right?
On a single Switch you can only play in 2-player mode, in the 2P Share Battle mode.
Oooooooh, thanks for the clarification :)

I wish I understood that better and earlier before I hyped my friends with 3 players deathmatches lol. Well then duels and winner stays on it is!

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Oooooooh, thanks for the clarification :)

I wish I understood that better and earlier before I hyped my friends with 3 players deathmatches lol. Well then duels and winner stays on it is!
No problem.

But if you want 3 or 4 player Tetris, I recommend that you play Puyo Puyo Tetris.
There's a free demo on the eShop, and I think you can play the VS. mode in the demo.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
just a heads up the tetris 99 gameboy theme is up again, I'm not sure how long its gonna be available for though... its worth 30 tickets!